Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    All drug abusers had water, but not all water drinkers are drug abusers.
    Most drug abusers started out with weed, and all weed abusers are drug abusers.

Maybe that doesn't make sense to you after smoking all that weed in your young years

Weed in itself isn't always more dangerous than alcohol or cigarettes even though it can, first time trying it without smoking more than you "should", cause a psychosis you may never recover from. Although unlikely the possibility exists. It's also commonly known to be a gateway drug to heavier drugs, something most recovered drug abusers can vouch for so I don't see why you weed liberals even try to defend weed in that aspect.

A major difference between weed and alcohol is that our body can handle a certain amount of alcohol without permanent damage even while young (teenager), while young weed smokers, according to studies (source, and source), risk irreversible damage to their intelligence, attention and memory. This has not been shown to the same extent by adults using any kind of cannabis based drug.

While smoking a little weed is in itself most of the time harmless, not everyone can handle it. Whether it's legal or not I couldn't care less about, knowing the possible effects is far more important.
    Sounds like someone took the refer madness movie too seriously.

FYI: I do not smoke and have no vested interests in protecting weed except to set the record straight. Hell, I don't drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes pot or do any other drugs, I don't even use Aspirin except maybe once a year for a splitting headache and no longer drink soda and never drank coffee. I am one of them people where if I can't take my life sober, I just can't take my life and refuse to do any drugs as I have seen too many get lost in them.

First, I have never in my life heard of any psychosis from weed, only from other drugs people had their weed laced with which isn't weed induced.

Next, I have already covered the gateway theory a little while ago, it is only a gateway drug BECAUSE it is illegal, studies have already shown that.
    Actually they did studies on this. The fact that pot is illegal is why it is considered a gateway drug.

You see, since many drug dealers don't deal in just one substance, they typically start offering and pressuring them to try other stuff.

An example of this would be if you had a pothead go to their supplier to get some weed but he also deals in heroin and starts offering it to them even letting them get a free try and pressuring them to try it, THAT is how many got their start.

If it was legal and regulated, that wouldn't happen as much due to the fact that their supplier is the local convenience store and not trying to actively get them to try the harder drugs.
    Also, if you ever read more into the studies, they haven't been able to figure out which causes the other yet. They haven't figured out if weed causes the damage or people with the damage already have a bigger chance of going to weed to help them cope with it. So not sure which is a symptom of which. Also, even if it did cause it directly, it took years of sustained use in their developmental years to cause it and alcohol use in them same years does even more damage which legalization and regulation would help curb to a great deal.

And yes I have seen people get lost in weed, it is really sad too but it isn't a physical addiction, it is people who can't seem to cope with it like sex addicts and gambling addicts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    All drug abusers had water, but not all water drinkers are drug abusers.
    Most drug abusers started out with weed, and all weed abusers are drug abusers.

Maybe that doesn't make sense to you after smoking all that weed in your young years
    It doesn't make sense because it isn't true. Weed is not a "gateway" drug which is a shitty term. Finding a correlation between weed and other drugs is just as feasible as finding a correlation between water consumption and taking drugs, with the correlation being there isn't one.

So you were old enough to move out with some chick when you were 17, but at the very same age, she is just a little baby? Either grow a pair and talk to your younger sister like an older brother, or move on and stfu.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It is addictive. And you can do bad stuff when on weed. Friend of mine jumped from 3rd floor and broke his legs.
    Drugs is not a thing that should be considered as "mistake" that you "can" make to becoma an "adult" because it can fuck up your life really hard.
    3rd floor would probably kill you. Also, that wasn't weed. That would have been your friend having terrible judgment skills, hate to say it. I've never, nor the ~20 people I know that smoke, ever considered anything stupid while under the influence, and I'm sure we aren't all just superhuman.

OP, perhaps it isn't your place to say much more than your opinion on the matter? From the initial post, it seems like you two have drifted apart, perhaps from your extended absence. Perhaps just share a personal experience or encourage her to wait until experimentation doesn't have as much of a risk in injuring her development.

Weed doesn't make you do anything, in fact it makes you more likely not to do something lol. So many people who have no idea what they are talking about here, its dumbfounding.

If she's smoking marijuana, you shouldn't be worried. Anything else, worrisome.

The last three presidents smoked weed. Almost everyone successful that I've spent time with smokes weed or does harder drugs (ironically I do not). If you saw the sheer volume of cocaine that I have watched captains of industry fit down their nose, you'd be shocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    From reading the replies by the OP, it seems he really needs to educate himself on Cannabis, tobacco, alcohol and "drugs" in general. He seems to have been brought up to think weed is this evil drug that makes you kill babies and do dumb shit. Go learn some stuff, OP. You're still a kid yourself.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Non addictive? Allrighty whatever floats your boat.
    Please...if you wanna be a bitch about drugs, at least use FACTS. Weed is NOT addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimuze View Post
    Weed doesn't make you do anything, in fact it makes you more likely not to do something lol. So many people who have no idea what they are talking about here, its dumbfounding.
    there's marijuana and there's marijuana. seems like yours is a shitty skank (or cannabis indica which is 'designed' to couchlock you, that's why you only smoke it in the evening). either way, you're doing it wrong.

get a proper strain of cannabis sativa and of you goooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The last three presidents smoked weed. Almost everyone successful that I've spent time with smokes weed or does harder drugs (ironically I do not). If you saw the sheer volume of cocaine that I have watched captains of industry fit down their nose, you'd be shocked.
    Yeah, Bush and Barack have been real successful. You get a 1/3 at best.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mswhiskerson View Post

In the short term of smoking a little bit of weed one evening it doesn't sound so bad, but anyone that has smoked weed knows it can easily lead to other things. If it becomes habitual it can have an effect on your surroundings. The people you spend time with, new friends and opportunities you're presented with.

OMG stop making BS on weed if you don't know what you're talking about...............Weed doesn't lead to anything else then weed or hash. THAT IS ALL

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Weed isn't bad. The worst side effects are it makes you a fucking moron, but only if you smoke it every single day. Don't abuse it and you're fine.

2) Hard drugs (Meth, cocaine, heroine) are bad. Highly addictive, should stay away from.

3) Psychedelics (LSD, Shrooms, Peyote) are not bad for you so long as you don't abuse it. LSD is pretty intense but won't kill you so long as you don't abuse it. Only bad side effect is that if you abuse LSD you'll get flashbacks. Peyote isn't bad for you at all.

4) Everyone who thinks that weed is from the devil and will ruin your life if you smoke it once needs to take a step back and do some research. It isn't a gateway drug. It isn't physically addictive. It won't hurt you. It won't kill you.

5) To all the stoners out there who are berating the people who think marijuana is deadly, chill. It's because of how they were raised and the propaganda that surrounds it. Try and be logical and explain it, don't insult them. They don't know any better.

Also for the record, I've never taken a drug in my life.

/rant
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2012-12-30 at 10:42 PM.

Drug is a good thing . People have to believe that. Your Government and that very person that stole your cellphone, not long ago, thank you for using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    For the people who are saying "It's just pot, don't stress", I cannot disagree with that more. I used to be a HEAVY drug user and it all started when one day before I left for university, a few friends and I were smoking and realized we were running low. So what to do next? We called our dealer of course. We dropped by her house and after grabbing the weed she asked if that's all we wanted. A friend being curious asked what she had and meant, so she told us and showed us mushrooms, LSD, MDMA Ex, pills of multiple sorts, etc. I having just gotten paid decided why not give it a shot? We were going to be fucked up all night on weed and alcohol anyway, so I bought us all a couple hits of acid each.

Now, that may be a boring story of moving from one drug to another, but it absolutely started because I was already smoking and drinking (YES, DRINKING. ALCOHOL IS JUST AS TO BLAME AS THE MARIJUANA). Long story short, I spent most my university years tripping balls, rolling on weekends, and smoking more and more expensive weed as my desire to become higher kept growing. Same thing as in video games, you aren't going to play on easy for your entire career of gaming, you're going to step up the difficulty.

That aside, I've been clean for about 5 years and couldn't be happier. I still drink on occasion (Hell my sister in law just got me a few bottles of this amazing cinnamon whiskey. I -love- it), but I'll never touch anything else again. It almost ruined my school years which would have in turn ruined my life.

Edit - I suppose I should mention why I quit huh? I had the same girlfriend through most of High School and Uni, until I decided to start ditching her, or when I did go see her, I was trippin balls. She ended up leaving me because of it and since we were together so long, most of our friends were mutual and decided to drop me as well. All I had left were drug buddies, not friends. I had no one to go play Magic with, I had no one to spend all night playing Rockband, the days of LANing Starcraft and the sorts were over. That hit me REALLY hard. After the realization set in, I seeked help, cleaned up, and now I have my nerdy friends back and life is grand.
    it's your fault for being an idiot for asking yourself "why not"?

you should know weed is "ok"

but other drugs aren't and you should never try them unless like I said you can control but those shits are addictive
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Next, I have already covered the gateway theory a little while ago, it is only a gateway drug BECAUSE it is illegal, studies have already shown that.
    I know this is a term thrown around by most people, but weed hasn't actually been proven (to my knowledge) as a gateway drug. Within a social realm then yes, it is considered a gateway drug due to the social factors involved with dealing with people selling/taking harder drugs. However, that being said, it's not actually neurologically speaking a gateway drug (yet). The only drug (which was quite recently discovered) as a gateway drug was nicotine. It actually enhances a specific gene that makes you more likely to become addicted to cocaine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    And yes I have seen people get lost in weed, it is really sad too but it isn't a physical addiction, it is people who can't seem to cope with it like sex addicts and gambling addicts.
    It is psychologically addicting. Just because your body doesn't physically react to withdrawal doesn't mean your mind will be A-O.K.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I'm 24. I have never even smoked a cig. So no. It doesn't have to be a part of growing up.
    Pretty much this. Maybe I am a party pooper but I never seen any real reason to drink, or do any sorts of drugs. I take a lot of medicine anyway, and don't see the point of taking them for fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather my kid smoke some nice home-grown weed than some mass-produced processed cigarettes...heck, even just rolled tobacco is fine too.

Anyway, if the worst your kid sister is doing is a little weed, talk to her, but don't act like her mom. If you're concerned, say so, but end of the day is it's still up to her, even if it's against the law.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    I know this is a term thrown around by most people, but weed hasn't actually been proven (to my knowledge) as a gateway drug. Within a social realm then yes, it is considered a gateway drug due to the social factors involved with dealing with people selling/taking harder drugs. However, that being said, it's not actually neurologically speaking a gateway drug (yet). The only drug (which was quite recently discovered) as a gateway drug was nicotine. It actually enhances a specific gene that makes you more likely to become addicted to cocaine.

It is psychologically addicting. Just because your body doesn't physically react to withdrawal doesn't mean your mind will be A-O.K.
    That is what I was getting at, it was only considered a gateway drug due to the social factors around it (do to the fact it is illegal) and absolutely nothing to do with the drug itself. Did not know that about nicotine though.

And psychologically addicting is basically habitual which it is already classified as and rightfully so. But again, in my opinion, I honestly think it is that way because it has grown to be a drug that friends hang out and bond over more than anything else. Again basically it is habitual due to the social factors surrounding it. Also it is used to help treat and relieve many medical conditions.