Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    This video is how I feel, you should lock her in basement and teach her lesson, maybe make her smoke whole box
    Trust your doubt. Always fight for your beliefs. That is the path beyond thought.

If you really want to help your sister try to find out as much real information as you can, warn her of possible dangers and the signs to look out for, both for her sake and for her friends.

Simply saying certain drugs are "bad" will not do any good, because as soon as she see someone using with little-to-none negative effects your credibility goes out the window; however the way a drug affects someone is a very individual experience. For example some people can use cannabis moderately their entire lives with very little negative effects; other may find it antagonises latent problems such as depression or schizophrenia. Alcohol is a (mostly) harmless indulgence for many, but a sizable proportion develop a dependency. Of course all drugs - illicit, recreational and medicinal - can cause health and social problems if used to excess (and the definition of "excess" is, once again, particular to the individual).

Perhaps the most important thing is to understand that teenagers will want to experiment; some may grow out of it quickly or eventually; some may carry on using for their entire lives with few problems (if nothing illegal then probably alcohol) and some may develop a problem. I think it's most important to make sure your sister knows that if the the last thing happens, she can come to you without fear of being judged because often social stigma can cause as much harm as the drug itself.

Marijuana is a gateway drug that can lead to harder drugs. so you should tell your parents and get her into treatment before she turns 18, and help can no longer be forced.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-12-31 at 02:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Marijuana is a gateway drug.
    Alcohol is a much stronger indicator of future drug use than weed

If you are worried about her, talk to her. Ask her why she wants to smoke, who she is smoking with, and if she knows the side effects of the drug she is smoking.
    Keeping her informed is going to help her more than saying "Drugs are bad, don't do that."
    If you are worried about her when she goes out and smokes, let her know you are there to help her out if she gets high and needs to drive home [aka, you would come pick her up so she doesn't drive while high]. That she can call on you as her big brother to keep her safe.
    Friends: Will help you move.
    Best Friends: Will help you move the Bodies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    Alcohol is a much stronger indicator of future drug use than weed
    Not particularly. It is so different from many other drugs that hopping from alcohol to another one is pretty rare without external forces. Marijuana is a gateway drug because of its status as an illegal drug, meaning that you get it from dealers who might traffic in harder substances.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!
    Really though... judgemental much? You're 22 and you left home at 17. Yet you're referring to her as a "baby" yet she is the same age you were when you left home... nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Still a bad choice. It may not kill her but it's a bad choice nonetheless.
    Drinking alcohol is far worse but I doubt you'd care as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Not particularly. It is so different from many other drugs that hopping from alcohol to another one is pretty rare without external forces. Marijuana is a gateway drug because of its status as an illegal drug, meaning that you get it from dealers who might traffic in harder substances.
    The only thing remotely true is the part about contacts, but that doesn't relate specifically to the substance. Marijuana isn't anymore similar to cocaine or meth than alcohol. Research shows that alcohol is a bigger 'gateway drug'. I say that in quotes because there isn't research that shows those substances lead to another, only after-the-fact correlations that show people who used X used Y first. Using only that sort of data is about as valid as saying that macaroni leads to pizza because most people who have had pizza have had macaroni before.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2012-12-31 at 02:47 AM.

Non addictive? Allrighty whatever floats your boat.
    Milk can be addictive. Jerking off can be addictive. It depends on the person. But getting addicted to something like weed is your own damn fault.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 03:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yonkerz View Post
    I wouldn't say weed isn't addictive, it can be very addictive psychologically and can be pretty bad for your psychy too. I've got friends who can't go a day without smoking, and a few who have tried to stop because it gets in the way of things (severely reduces motivation etc) with resulting withdrawel, including cold sweats, nightmares, insomnia, anxiety, the list goes on. It's not the most dangerous of drugs we'll agree on that, but it's still a drug and it's not as benign as a lot of people like to claim.
    Weed is only addicting if you can't handle moderation. Your friends are immature kids if they can't go a day without smoking.

My motivation is boosted to extreme levels when I smoke. Weed isn't bad. Cmon, use common sense. It doesn't do anything to your mind unless you're an idiot...

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 03:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Marijuana is a gateway drug that can lead to harder drugs. so you should tell your parents and get her into treatment before she turns 18, and help can no longer be forced.
    Milk is a gateway drug bro. We need to bann milk right now. Milk leads to apple juice, which leads to pop, which leads to beer, which leads to shots, which leads to smoking dope. AMG. .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    I'm willing to bet your friend's "weed" was laced with someone, or he may be crazy. Jumping off a third floor? WTF, lol.
    Anyways, if he would not smoke weed on that day, he would not jump. And personaly, i think drinking or smoking any kind of drugs (even alcohol, but i think it is not drug, it is a poison in first place, and i can't see another reason to start drinking but being stupid. Why people don't drink brake fluid then?) is a bad decision. Some people can be easily addicted to something, and you can't determine it without being addicted for first time, and then breaking out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    That might be so, but what point is there in living if your not open to any and all experience.. fact remains unless you have some sort of deficency or allergy no drug is going to kill you out right on the first go or noone would fucking do them duh...

i should of just left it at.. you only live once. that pretty much sums up my stance on drug experimentation, if you want to do it fine, but most ppl if they are smart know when to quit.. otherwise well that is just how the dice roll, i don't feel like it necessarily means you'll automatically have a shit life if you decide to go down that road.. moderation is key ofc.
    But why then you don't try some sports? Or don't travel to diffirent countries? I don't get it, why everything linked with YOLO is drug/sex/destructive.
    And i doubt you wanted to try gaysex .
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2012-12-31 at 04:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Treat her as you usually would. It can be quite scary when people you feel responsible towards starts walking a dangerous path, but most of them get of it and into the safe one again before they really starts messing up their lifes. Trust her.

Or maybe she hates her life and is starting to show selfdestructive tendensies that will eventually lead to a terrible death.

Seriously, smoking weed can mean she's either a healthy young woman, or a sad wretch of a person.
    It is in human nature to want to change how the brain works, as kids spins around untill they get dizzy, adults takes drugs. (Pshycoreactive that is, sentral stimulating drugs is an entirely different story).
    I doubt you have much to worry about. Kids gotta live man!

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still a bad choice. It may not kill her but it's a bad choice nonetheless.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Deleted
    Why even bother? junkies are just a waste of human flesh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkerz View Post
    with resulting withdrawel, including cold sweats, nightmares, insomnia, anxiety, the list goes on.
    Bullcrap. There's no physical addiction, only psychological. We're not talking heroin here. Also anyone saying there's NO addiction to cannabis is bullcrapping as well. Sounds like either your friends were doing something else on the side, buying from a crappy dealer who laces the stuff with something else, or they're buying Spice or some other "designer drug" cannabinoid, which really has nothing to do with cannabis.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 03:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    Why even bother? junkies are just a waste of human flesh.
    Quite a leap from experimenting to a proper junkie, get real.
    Last edited by mmoc68224f08ff; 2012-12-31 at 01:58 PM.