Are there any active forums other than the official ones?

I have tried finding other forums but everyone I find the most recent posts are weeks or even months old. I know you cant ask "What class should I play" questions here and people on the official ones arent really being helpful or everyone just trolls you and says play a smash-monkey. Just wondering if there were any other forums out there with lots of activity.

darth hater maybe?

If you are looking for an mmochamp type site for swtor, I don't think there are any.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    darth hater maybe?

If you are looking for an mmochamp type site for swtor, I don't think there are any.
    They are pretty outdated. Doesnt have to be like this one. I mean D3 has Diablofans and GW2 has Gw2guru for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but the exodus included the fan site's traffic as well. About the most active forum you will find outside the official one is, well, this one. Maybe MMORPG.com's? Is sithwarrior.com still going?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Sithwarrior.com is now mmo-mechanics.com (I can't post the link due to my newness at posting here) and the recentness of updates varies. Generally speaking, when looking at op/scoundrel and powertech/vanguard forums (my mains atm), there are recent discussions with good content. I generally look at mmo-mechanics and the official forums when thinking about theory crafting. The official boards have plenty of trolling and "not worth your time" areas, but if you avoid gen discussion and stick to the advanced class forums, they're not too bad. As far as social hang-out style forums, I'm not aware of any, but I'm guessing there are some RP ones out there. Not being into RP myself, I can't give you more direction than that. There aren't any very active boards outside the official ones that I'm aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Sorry but the exodus included the fan site's traffic as well. About the most active forum you will find outside the official one is, well, this one. Maybe MMORPG.com's? Is sithwarrior.com still going?
    I wouldn't touch mmorpg.com forum for any game with a ten foot pole. They have some decent articles there but the forum community is absolute trash.

Forcejunkies, sithwarrior, and darthhater seem to have nearly 0 traffic on their forums. Although mmo-champ doesn't have much traffic, I do feel it is the second most active after the official forums. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    I have tried finding other forums but everyone I find the most recent posts are weeks or even months old. I know you cant ask "What class should I play" questions here and people on the official ones arent really being helpful or everyone just trolls you and says play a smash-monkey. Just wondering if there were any other forums out there with lots of activity.
    Since when can't you ask which class you should play? I've never seen a forum post locked for that. Ask away, but be specific about what you're looking for. Blanketly asking what class you should play will wind up giving you 8 different responses.

If you do have some questions, just throw em in this thread? Or a post in the swtor directory and I'll weigh in if I have anything I think you might find interesting.

Deleted
    The official forums barely even qualify as active, except when a server crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaul View Post
    The official forums barely even qualify as active, except when a server crashes.
    I don't sit and browse the forums for hours, but I do visit them at least once or twice a day. They are quite active. I spend most of my time, as do the majority of other players, in the actual game itself. People on any game forum are a very, very, very slight minority of the actual game population. The game isn't in regression. The servers are healthy. A ton of money being made on the Cartel Market. Again, the people that complain about the CM, very, very, very small minority of the actual game population. Doomsayers that are just hoping beyond hope that the game completely dies are going to be very disappointed. It's not going to happen.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

If you have specific specific questions about a class (or multiple) it's fine. It's when questions are vague like "which class should I play" or "I can't decide between x and y class" that it's an issue. It's just broad for a thread to be of any real help.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I wouldn't touch mmorpg.com forum for any game with a ten foot pole. They have some decent articles there but the forum community is absolute trash.
    Broad and deceptive statement. I post on many forums and there's good and bad there just like everywhere else. No more, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Axehandle View Post
    Broad and deceptive statement. I post on many forums and there's good and bad there just like everywhere else. No more, no less.
    no, mmorpg.com's community really is trash

Let's not bash other forum's communities please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    mmo-champion.com is the best in my opinion, its even better than the official swtor.com forums.

Not really a forum but you can try the swtor subreddit - reddit.com/r/swtor

mmo-mechanics.com is massivly underrated, I wish there would be more active people for game relevant discussions..

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

reddit / r/ swtor - very active
    I belive swtorstrategies com also have an active forum