Thread: Starting Fresh

Starting Fresh

So, I stopped playing for a year or so and I'm about to begin on a new account with a friend and was wondering what would be a solid class to play as would be. I would mainly be PvP'ing on him, hence the location of this post. I'll be here for a while so I can answer any other questions about it.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Durand View Post
    So, I stopped playing for a year or so and I'm about to begin on a new account with a friend and was wondering what would be a solid class to play as would be. I would mainly be PvP'ing on him, hence the location of this post. I'll be here for a while so I can answer any other questions about it.
    Thanks!
    depends on how you like to play, do you wanna be up in their face smashing their skulls in, do you wanna be sneaking around till you can just pop out of no wheres slitting their throats, or do you like to stand away either shooting or casting at your target while laughing as they feebly attempt to try and reach you? or do you wanna be the all so awesome best friend that just heals their buddy?

It also depends on your previous skill/rating - and what sort of PvP you want to do (RBG / Arena / BG / WorldPvP).

I didn't PvP that much before I quit, mainly played a rogue for PvP when I did, but I had a mage and holy paladin that I PvP'd on aswell when rogues went downhill. I'm really open to anything, but would prefer a melee champion. I'd probably do battlegrounds and arena.

Deleted
    You could pick up a warrior. It's exciting, fun, in a very good spot right now, and generally very good in both rbgs and arenas. Besides, warriors don't get nerfed down to the point they are not viable in pvp.
    You also said you played a rogue. Well, a rogue is a very good coupled with a mage in rbgs to ninja cap bases and they seem to get majorly buffed when 5.2 comes.
    Don't forget feral druids and dks btw

Feral druids are in a pretty decent spot right now, and rolling a druid gives you the flexibility of "being one respec away from being better at your job than you are," if you get bored with kitty life.

I would agree with warriors more, but I think that the value of choosing a very flexible class for a fresh start has significant benefits.

Deleted
    Play what class you feel fits your play style imo. I don't think you should play the current 'best class' since changes happen all the time. I think it depends on what you want to play as. Caster or Melee? Tank, DPS or Healer?

So the two suggested are kitty and warrior which coincidentally at the two I was already considering. I'm not really looking for a fotm, but more of a consistently solid class. Have ferals changed much from Wrath? I tried to level one, but didn't really enjoy it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Durand View Post
    Have ferals changed much from Wrath?
    All classes changed somewhat from wrath, but gameplay wise ferals are still the same (exept few extra cds). If you didn't like spec before you won't like it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    All classes changed somewhat from wrath, but gameplay wise ferals are still the same (exept few extra cds). If you didn't like spec before you won't like it now.
    Alright, warrior it is! Thanks for the replies errebody