Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Funny WoW review by a popular critic. Enjoy!

Sure some people may have seen this guys reviews by now, but a friend showed me some of this guys stuff and they're all quite entertaining if you're bored or interested in a critics critiques. His assessment of WoW: Cata had me giggling quite a bit. I've mostly been checking out his assesments of my favorite games as a kid but most of them he keeps entertaining. The only game iv'e seen him really praise is Portal which I also thought was awesome!

Anyway heres the cata review:

10+ Year Old Account
    Guy is funny in small bites, sometimes, but you'd have to seriously compensate me to get me to listen to him for 5 whole minutes. lol
    Look! Words!

The man has a point.

I can only respond by giggling.
    So I giggle.

I love this guy. It's been awhile since I've watched his videos but he's awesome.

As the maker of this video would say - that was utter rubbish. Sure he made me laugh here and there, but his point about wasting time in WoW for increased numbers is stupid. If I didnt have wow - i'd be wasting my time in another game, or at the movies or watching TV - none of those are any more productive or "better" than playing an mmo. I see it as to each his or her own preference.

Congrats you've discovered video games are a waste of time, thanks for the video.

buahahah i like this guy ;p

Don't get your panties in a wad Slime. Go look at more of his videos. He basically bashes all games in his reviews. This video just happened to be about WoW. Get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually don't like a lot of his stuff, but this was okay and I hadn't seen it before for whatever reason.
    I'm not really into people like this who are just satirical for the sake of it on issues that sometimes aren't even there, but hey it makes him money. This actually seemed to be one of the videos where I didn't actually see that much bashing and when there was some it was in good spirit.

Poor Alliance - nobody likes us .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
    Don't get your panties in a wad Slime. Go look at more of his videos. He basically bashes all games in his reviews. This video just happened to be about WoW. Get over it.
    You are overly defensive. Got problems elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    You are overly defensive. Got problems elsewhere?
    Who's overly defensive here? Looks like it's actually you. Sticking up for some random poster on forums. I stated what Zero Punctuation always does.

party-pooping much?

zero punctuation my ass, there were a lot of commas.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

I forgot The Escapist existed for like 18 months, now I'm going back to view all the ones I missed. Thank you, OP. This wasn't how I was going to spend my evening but I'm not going to complain

10+ Year Old Account
    This guys rips on all games, but he does it in a funny way. I like him
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    zero punctuation my ass, there were a lot of commas.
    That made me chuckle.

He's also rather fond of Silent Hill 2.
    Bleh

10+ Year Old Account
    Who's overly defensive here? Looks like it's actually you. Sticking up for some random poster on forums. I stated what Zero Punctuation always does.
    Not even close. I am merely a spectator. You are posting as if YOU are defending the YouTuber who made that video. It's best to not come off as a jerk to begin with, though.

He posted his opinion and didn't direct it at anyone on this forum.

Also: You did post your opinion, but the "get over it" comment at the end made you look like a foolish child.

Deleted
    wow that was... boring

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    As the maker of this video would say - that was utter rubbish. Sure he made me laugh here and there, but his point about wasting time in WoW for increased numbers is stupid. If I didnt have wow - i'd be wasting my time in another game, or at the movies or watching TV - none of those are any more productive or "better" than playing an mmo. I see it as to each his or her own preference.

Congrats you've discovered video games are a waste of time, thanks for the video.
    Actually going to the movies is a social experience, a real social experience, which in case could ever so slightly be more productive because you could theoretically make new friends, real friends, or build existing relationships up.

I italicized real each time because yeah, WoW can be social blah blah blah, but at the end of the day those people you were playing with chances are you will never build a relationship outside of WoW (though it is a possibility you could, im not disregarding that) and your boundaries are questing raiding and pvping with your said 'friends'.

Best way to put it, WoW friends help you progress your character and be more social within the realm of WoW. So in WoW, yes you are more social, but anything outside of it your online friends will not be able to help you be more social or progress your real life struggles and responsibilities. Real friends will help you become more social in the realm of the real physical world, which can make you more sociable both in the physical world, and in WoW (since WoW is after all, a production of the real world, surprisingly.)

Also, yes all video games are a waste of time, but the way WoW is, and he explains it in his video right at the very end, WoW makes you more addicted the more you play, and don't even try to deny WoW isn't addictive. His example put it best, no one put in thousands of hours in Super Metroid trying to collect every item/etc.

I agree 100% with everything he said.
    Call me House.