10+ Year Old Account

New in game event

So my coworker and I were just talking (yeah we are the cool kids that get to work on New Years Eve) and he had an idea for WoW that I really liked, so I figured I would throw it on the forums on see what people think.

The idea revolves around a zombie/werewolf/vampire/infection type event, it really doesn't matter what it is, so I am going to go with zombie to explain it because I think most people understand that well.

Basically, once per month, say the 3rd Thursday of a Month, an NPC shows up in SW/Org who gives a quest to collect some "Secret Vial" from a random mob type in the world.

The first person to loot the vial and turn in the quest gets an item called "The First to Turn". Once this person turns in the quest, the NPC dissapears and everyone else on the quest can turn it in for 1 silver to some other random NPC.

5 minutes after looting "The First to Turn" that player turns into a "zombie". Being a zombie gives you a visual skin that looks like a Zombie which I am calling Zombie Mode (that you can toggle on and off if you want).

Basically, this player can now attack anyone on either faction while in Zombie mode. If they kill another player, that player doesn't release to the graveyard, but is instead now given the zombie toggle ability.

Once a player has been killed by a zombie, they cannot be killed again in this fashion.

You can only kill as a zombie with the zombie mode toggled "On" and the skin makes it obvious you are a zombie.

Attacks can happen anywhere in the world, but not in instanced content.

You can kill zombies that have their zombie mode enabled (even on your same faction). Guards do not interact with zombies in anyway regardless of faction (however if you transfer out of zombie mode, which is a 30 second cast, they immediately attack to prevent sneaking into enemy cities).

If you are killed by a zombie, you don't immediately gain the Zombie Mode ability (give it a 5 min CD perhaps).

If you are a zombie and you kill a player, or vice versa, you gain 1 zombie token on your currency tab. There is a special vender during the event that sells cool items, but the caveat is your tokens go to zero at the end of the event.

On Monday following the event, the NPC returns and everyone looses their zombie toggle.

The cool part about this event, is that if you are a Zombie, everyone/everywhere is a potential target. As a non-zombie, you are vulnerable from anyone/anywhere. If you don't want to participate, the first time you get tagged by a Zombie, you just bounce back and choose to never toggle on the zombie mode.

Imagine a group of zombies go into an Inn near the AH, they all morph into Zombie Mode, then come running out and attacking people in their own capital city when they least expect it. There would be bursts of PvP all over the place all weekend, as people are slowly turned. There could even be achievements for killing X number of Zombies and surviving until Monday.

What do you guys think about this idea?
    "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

remember the WOTLK pre event? ppl hated it....

i was having fun with others in honor hold. but ppl where screaming because the couldn't afk in town without beeing attacked.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Too many griefers will abuse this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Too many griefers will abuse this.
    The thing is, once you are killed by a Zombie, you cannot again be attacked by another Zombie. Also when you die, you are only died for a brief moment, and then you rez to 100 health right there. If you don't care about the event, then just don't enter Zombie Mode.

If you absolutely hate this event, then when it comes once per month, you get killed once, you are dead for 5 seconds, and then you go back to your normal stuff.
    "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

Deleted
    In other words, the WotLK Zombie Invasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    i miss the wotlk pre event

i actually had fun because i decided to participate and not continue with dailies

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, no. Zombie Invasion was bad enough the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    i want to turn geblin into a zombie again

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    remember the WOTLK pre event? ppl hated it....

i was having fun with others in honor hold. but ppl where screaming because the couldn't afk in town without beeing attacked.
    Wonder if people would complain if blizzard actually designated safe area's, such as capital cities and any Inn's

Then again with his suggestion you could only be killed once anyway so griefing would be impossible, not to mention sense it is a rare yet rather useless fun thing to do I doubt people would complain to much and actually welcome a single death to toy with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Wonder if people would complain if blizzard actually designated safe area's, such as capital cities and any Inn's

Then again with his suggestion you could only be killed once anyway so griefing would be impossible, not to mention sense it is a rare yet rather useless fun thing to do I doubt people would complain to much and actually welcome a single death to toy with it.
    Of course they would, because the entire point of the Zombie Invasion was that it was a griefer-fest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    i want to turn geblin into a zombie again
    You, and I, and everyone I know loved this event ...

I personally approve of the idea, it would be a very interesting and fun event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tennesseej View Post
    The idea revolves around a zombie/werewolf/vampire/infection type event, it really doesn't matter what it is, so I am going to go with zombie to explain it because I think most people understand that well.
    NO NO NO!

WotLK pre-patch event caused massive drop in subs, because everyone hated it..

WORST IDEA EVER!!!