Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Worth coming back?

I played at release got to level 50 on my vanguard trooper. Got bored because i was like 8th person to hit 50, and let. Kinda thinking of trying it again. Is it worth coming back?

Deleted
    In my humble opinion no, unless you're going to subscribe again but even then there's very little new

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are playing other MMOs, this is so beyond not worth it. If you don't play any MMOs, it's only worth it if you subscribe. Their shady business practices and prevalence of gamebreaking bugs is sketchy, but if it doesn't effect you personally then it doesn't matter.

In my opinion if the game at release didn't satisfy you, the state the game is in now would only infuriate you.

If you intend to play casually and level up characters (if you have any slots for it), absolutely. For serious play, I haven't bothered trying since I have no interest in subbing, so I'll let others give their opinions on that.

If your going to try again as a F2P...
    NO!
    No No No.

As a Free to play, it's hardly a game, you get story, but thats all. Unless you are gonna constantly fork out cash for unlocks then the game is basically a very extremely restrictive 1 player game. If your going to buy unlocks mght as well just sign up.

People will argue you can buy unlocks with in-game credits but too many people sell these unlocks over the credit cap F2P and Preferred players have so it's a null point. You'll never get the good ones at a price you could get. people are just too greedy and want more credits they don't know what to do with.

and there are still a lot of things you can't unlock at all if your F2P. As a returning player you likely won't be able to make a new character. You'll have to use the ones you have now, and if the other one(s) is even close to 50 you won't even have much story left.
    Last edited by Argroth; 2012-12-30 at 11:16 PM.

I was wondering the same thing but not as a former player but as a new player. I was reluctant to buy this game when it was released having a few unanswered questions etc and I'm glad I did. Things just seemed to get worse and worse. Then the mention of free to play popped up. I was excited because I didn't want another subscription but having read into it more, it doesn't seem worth it.

When F2P went live i went back for about 2 weeks i had a 50 from the first launch and a few other toons started not past lvl 5 i grabbed one of those toons and lvld it . I had a blast but yeah there is a add for subscribe just about everywhere and every quest i turned in they let me know i wasn't allowed to get the lockbox unless i subscribed.
    I didn't go back expecting to stay but i had a fun time rolling a new toon on the other side and i will probaly go waste another week down the line having fun taking it for what it is . pew pew lightsabers ... pew pew

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Sausage View Post
    I was wondering the same thing but not as a former player but as a new player. I was reluctant to buy this game when it was released having a few unanswered questions etc and I'm glad I did. Things just seemed to get worse and worse. Then the mention of free to play popped up. I was excited because I didn't want another subscription but having read into it more, it doesn't seem worth it.
    IMO Bioware completely destroyed it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by amishjello View Post
    I played at release got to level 50 on my vanguard trooper. Got bored because i was like 8th person to hit 50, and let. Kinda thinking of trying it again. Is it worth coming back?
    It also depends when you quit. If you quit before February then quite a lot has been added since then. If you quit in the late summer then only really the cash shop and a new Op/WZ have been added.

You can try it out again for free. Log in and see if you like what you see. Personally, I love the recent Operation and Warzone and still enjoy logging in for PvP/Raids and the new Space missions. You have to try it out for yourself though as relying solely on strangers' opinions, when you can test it yourself for free, is silly imo.

I obviously still think it's well worth subscribing to.

You may like it, you may not. You have very little to lose in trying though. Good luck.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2013-01-01 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Jamos. If you quit very early, there is a lot of game to experience. Try to focus on that part until you've seen it all, then you can decide if the game is 'for you'...which it probably won't be. That's not to say that the 'game' isn't very good, just F2P and BiowarEA are atrocious.

I'd recommend coming back with a 1 month sub to test it out. Oddly enough the sub is cheaper than f2p options you would need to purchase to experience the newer content. I will say this though...they may have added in an operation or two since you left and some daily zones but the game is fundamentally the same so if you quit over fps, latency issues, combat delays, or psuedo GCD activations well that stuff is still around.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If all you're going to do is play your trooper, or power level another character, then absolutely not. This game was not made for your style of play. I'm thinking WoW is built for that type.

Deleted
    I just came out of surgery, so I re-subbed a few MMOs to fill the dull recovery weeks >.<

One of them was TOR, and whilst I was all excited to return, I feel a bit let down. Personally I prefer the whole dungeon grind scenario, and I feel the XP is incredibly lacking, even with Legacy Perks. Queue time as a healer at L30-40 was appalling too!

If you like questing on your own, then I'd suggest trying the F2P option and seeing if you can get into any other characters. The nice thing about the F2P is that you can come back for a trial any time.

Quote Originally Posted by amishjello View Post
    If you really want to come back, I would recommend waiting for the expansion: sub for 1 month, buy the Makeb expansion for half price, play through it and unsub again. You should get your $25 worth out of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Short version: No.
    Long Version: No. (Unless you subscribe)

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    IMO Bioware completely destroyed it
    Blame where it's due, the marketing plan is EA's. Meaning that those problems, at least, are not Bioware's fault.
    The reason I left was... Well; it didn't feel smooth. Gameplay wise. Great game, overall, but repeatedly pressing buttons for a single ability was getting to me. That was Bioware's mistake, by the way. Ability line-up simply didn't work well.

With the F2P being so restrictive... Nah. I probably would have come back (and even paid money for it) if it were F2P with a vanity store. So I put that at the feet of EA's greed.

Just reinstalled myself and sadly removing the game again, performance issues seem to be fixed at least, zooming around the fleet with 60 fps and very little stutter, however, theres no new CLASS story content added in 1 year now and nothing coming in the next 6months at least(since they have admitted 1 story for empire and 1 story for republic in the 1st expansion) so yea don't bother wasting time here now @OP find a game with a future^ since let be honest if they can't even continue the class story in the FIRST ever expansion, I see no future.

I left for a variety of reasons, but it mainly came down to poor game design choices, the lack of polish, not enough "fun," and that the MMO part of this game was an afterthought. I'd have been interested in coming back to explore the storylines, but the restrictions on F2P are so severe that I've not bothered to comeback.

Let's put it like this: it's a better time and money investment if you buy a chair and sit in your yard watching the grass grow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Let's put it like this: it's a better time and money investment if you buy a chair and sit in your yard watching the grass grow.
    Says the drive by WoW poster.

Look, it's all great to express negative opinions of the game. It's probably not worth coming back, but these threads don't serve as refuse receptacles for every WoW player that wants his 5 seconds of fame.