Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    SWTOR lost me for good. I unsubscribed in the summer, then logged after it went f2p. I found my 2 million credits were gone, and they left me 250K or so. So no, if a company is going to do something like that to its players, or former players, then no they don't get my time or money. Unlocks for basic features. How about restoring my account??? Give back what they took away, add content and then I would see.

Boy I had high hopes. I thought, man, years after WoW paved the way, surely someone is going to get a clue. An MMO starting off would need to pipe in tons and tons of content. They need new things to do, they need to spend twice as much on the development of the end game, instead of making an expensive single player leveling game. I loved the first month or two. Leveled a couple of characters played with my wife and several friends. Then I hit the wall. Raids, uninteresting. PvP grind fest. Flash Points, well okay. Daily quests, seems familiar. awfully familiar.
    Last edited by Woeful; 2013-01-02 at 04:14 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woeful View Post
    They lost me for good. I unsubscribed in the summer, and logged back in after the f2p went live. I found that my 2 million credits were gone, and they left me 250K or so. So no, if a company is going to do something like that to its players, or former players, then no they don't get my time or money.

My wife still plays however, she enjoys her pvp guild and the social aspects of talking over vent. Her guild keeps her playing. Period. Even then she gets bored quickly.
    Your credits aren't gone. They are in escrow. Also, you would have had 350k credits since that is the preferred cap. It's a pretty standard practice in all F2P games to have a currency cap. I think SWTOR's is far too low, but yeah.

if u play as preferred statue, no, not worth it, still a junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Woeful View Post
    SWTOR lost me for good. I unsubscribed in the summer, then logged after it went f2p. I found my 2 million credits were gone, and they left me 250K or so. So no, if a company is going to do something like that to its players, or former players, then no they don't get my time or money. Unlocks for basic features. How about restoring my account??? Give back what they took away, add content and then I would see.
    Is this a serious post?

We have two people playing as prefered and raid twice in two weeks with their characters... they like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    Is this a serious post?

We have two people playing as prefered and raid twice in two weeks with their characters... they like it.
    2/1000s isn't a lot

After all the negativ replys here is a positive one : Yes you should! I started playing the game recently and love it. Started as an f2p and now I am a subscriber.

Quote Originally Posted by ruzdu View Post
    After all the negativ replys here is a positive one : Yes you should! I started playing the game recently and love it. Started as an f2p and now I am a subscriber.
    Hahaha yeah what is wrong with these people?
    I personaly love the game, played it since beta, but had to stop for some RL stuff, now im back, tried it on f2p, and subscribed 2 days after that.
    They fixed a bunch of stuff, a lot of things are better then in other MMO, and i played them all.
    Just try it and see if you like it, its not 13254 $, you can TRY it for free, thats whats "f2p" for, not for playing it for free.....
    This game is worth at least a subscription like others, and giving you option to see if you like the feel of the game for free, is just great.
    It was never suposed to be FREE. They are not idiots, why would anyone give you something for free, i mean, for a lot of people the game is better then any other MMO, its like me saying wow should be free.
    I dont like wow anymore, i played it pretty hardcore since vanila, every expansion except the last one, and swtor is better for me, but i cant say OH THE GAME SUCKS GIVE IT FOR FREE. Its just me personaly, i like swtor more then wow and thats why i play it, i dont go around saying OMG ITS SHIT FUCK BURN BLIZZARD, i dont care, i play what i like.
    Just try and see for yourself.
    Dont listen to anyone and try it.

Quote Originally Posted by amishjello View Post
    I played at release got to level 50 on my vanguard trooper. Got bored because i was like 8th person to hit 50, and let. Kinda thinking of trying it again. Is it worth coming back?
    As others have said if you come back as a sub the answer is maybe.mif you come back as a freeb it's a frustrating experience.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    2/1000s isn't a lot
    Well it would be 2/20... as we are around 20 active people... wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Axehandle View Post
    As others have said if you come back as a sub the answer is maybe.mif you come back as a freeb it's a frustrating experience.
    He powered through the game to become one of the few earliest people to hit lvl 50.... he never even saw the UI upgrade nor legacy nor any of the later raids/ warzones. It is definately worth checking out but I'd suggest to sub for one months, spending 15 bucks and decide for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Just reinstalled myself and sadly removing the game again, performance issues seem to be fixed at least, zooming around the fleet with 60 fps and very little stutter, however, theres no new CLASS story content added in 1 year now and nothing coming in the next 6months at least(since they have admitted 1 story for empire and 1 story for republic in the 1st expansion) so yea don't bother wasting time here now @OP find a game with a future^ since let be honest if they can't even continue the class story in the FIRST ever expansion, I see no future.
    WZ are still very laggy from time to time. Enough so that ppl just wont do ranked wz on nights because losing due to server lag suck badly. It is shocking that hasnt been resolved yet since it has been an issue for over a year going back to the beta testing. When they can't resolve bugs that are over a year old yet are talking about making an expansion you can easily tell how much they care about things or how in touch they are.

OP It will only take some time to reinstall if you have to do that you will be preferred so things wont be insanely different from when you left. Check it out you may like it you might hate it. It will only cost you the time it takes to click a few keys here and there to set it up again though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Your credits aren't gone. They are in escrow. Also, you would have had 350k credits since that is the preferred cap. It's a pretty standard practice in all F2P games to have a currency cap. I think SWTOR's is far too low, but yeah.
    Except there is no way of touching those escrow credits ever if you don't sub up.

It's just yet another one of those things Swtor rubs in your face if you are not a subscriber. "Oh look at all the money you COULD of had, You earned it but will never touch it until you give us your sub. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Never forget we have the power to keep you down and we will ALWAYS exert that power."

Worth the sub? Definitely, you will never have to touch the cartel market and if you do, 90% of the time that item will be on the GTN as most CM items are BoE. It's also a pretty decent game IMO.

atm its in a lot better position than it was, but whether to sub or not is up to you, ive been a sub from day 1 and tbh i enjoy it - its ony got better since all the patched were introduced

if they released the game with what they have now(by that i mean, server numbers, lfg,better gtn, etc etc), then swtor would be in a much better position and prob wouldnt be f2p as of yet, but EA/Bioware fuked up big style and this is what we have today

as for those ppl who say there is nothing to do at vl 50???? - what do u do at lvl 90 in wow???, dailies, raids(again and again), instances(if u feel ike it), which is exactly what you do in swtor, stop comparing the 2 games - wow has had 7 years to get stuff right, swtor has had 1+a few months and swtor has introduced more in 1 year than wow did in 3

Deleted
    No, wait a while more unless nothing changes i would say, preserve the happy memories you had from the golden era and preserve them.

Deleted
    I've never played Star Wars TOR, but i'm thinking about start. I saw it for €5.90 at http://www.go2arena.com/star-wars-the-old-republic.html. It's very low price, so i think whether this game is worth to buy or not?

depends how you play MMOs. Since you got to 50 very quickly that means you space bar through stories and stories doesn't interest you. So it is not worth comming back. The only reason I come back once in a while and play 1 month is to level a new class I don't have already to see the story. Then I stop again and come back after a while for another one. But if by any means you want to try it again don't try the free version...the restrictions are so many that you better watch videos on youtube about the game than play it on its free mode
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by kitt View Post
    I've never played Star Wars TOR, but i'm thinking about start. I saw it for €5.90 at http://www.go2arena.com/star-wars-the-old-republic.html. It's very low price, so i think whether this game is worth to buy or not?
    It is free to play you don't have to buy a copy of it. Just go to the swtor.com site and download it. Now without spending a small amount of money you will be extremely limited on what you can do, but you can still check it out for free.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It is free to play you don't have to buy a copy of it. Just go to the swtor.com site and download it. Now without spending a small amount of money you will be extremely limited on what you can do, but you can still check it out for free.
    Limited in comparison to a subscriber..... regarding availability/ features/ options though you don't need to spend a single dime to play the story but might want to buy some more inventory space at time.

Deleted
    Thanks! So i'll dowload it and try. Let you know whether i like it or lot

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends. For the PvP? Heck no.

For PvE? It's basically WoW Raids but in Space!

Thing is, Aside from 16 man NiM EC most of the PvE is a bit easy for us hardcore raiders. The 16 man NiM tanks and Kephess are tough (still haven't downed NiM 16 man Kephess) but everything else is no where near 25 man Heroic Lich King. Well, not without a 30% buff anyways