Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

One button DPS spec

I loved old Arcane and the much older succy sac SB spam destro lock builds. Does anything similar to this exist right now? A one, maybe two buttons nuke DPS class/spec?

The most simply rotation I know of is Elemental Shaman using Primal Elementalist (stronger Elemental pets) and Echo of the Elements. You can essentially put down a totem, drop a ~30s dot on the enemy then push 1 (lightning bolt) repeatedly until 2 (lava burst) is off CD or procced. Meaning "1,2,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,2,1,1,2." That kind of thing. Like Arcane had Arcane Power, Ele has Ascendance. Every 3 minutes push it and press 2 repeatedly until it falls of then go back to 1.

You probably won't be topping any DPS meters, though.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    I have heard people mention Ele in this context. Thanks for the advice. I am not in the mood to care about DPS meters right now.

Something else that came to my mind was Cata Assassination, that was just Mutilate spam + Envenom since you could drop Rupture from the rotation without a significant DPS loss. How is that these days?

Roll a Lock and save all your Soul Shards for Soulburn soul swap.

Bind Malefic Grasp to 1
    Bind a Souburn: Soulswap macro to 2 and forget about haunt

Cba using Dark Soul or Drain Soul to execute. There you got your 2 buttons spec! If you want to get really creative, you might add another button for Drain Soul under 20%!!!
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    I have heard people mention Ele in this context. Thanks for the advice. I am not in the mood to care about DPS meters right now.

Something else that came to my mind was Cata Assassination, that was just Mutilate spam + Envenom since you could drop Rupture from the rotation without a significant DPS loss. How is that these days?
    Drop rupture without a significant dps loss...? O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever told you that was dead wrong. Rupture was the only thing keeping the spec going. Rupture ticks = Poison Dmg proc (not weapon poison, was a talent) and energy. Still like that. No rupture = no energy. No energy = no damage.

Combat, however, is simple. SS, RvS, evis. that's it. toss up blade flurry for cleave damage.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Roll a Lock and save all your Soul Shards for Soulburn soul swap.

Bind Malefic Grasp to 1
    Bind a Souburn: Soulswap macro to 2 and forget about haunt

Cba using Dark Soul or Drain Soul to execute. There you got your 2 buttons spec! If you want to get really creative, you might add another button for Drain Soul under 20%!!!
    if u are going that route which is horrible cause there is no shards to keep all dots up via SB:SS anyway and MG without dots just doesnt do any damage at all.

You might aswell just include any class spec 2 main abilities and ignore rest

Not sure how Rupture worked during Cata. But Rupture now has a 75% chance to deal additional Nature damage and restore 10 energy on each tick. You want as close to 100% uptime as possible.
    Last edited by Delaios; 2012-12-30 at 09:54 PM.

I loved old Arcane and the much older succy sac SB spam destro lock builds. Does anything similar to this exist right now? A one, maybe two buttons nuke DPS class/spec?
    There http://wowlazymacros.com/forums

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Not sure how Rupture worked during Cata. But Rupture now has a 75% chance to deal additional Nature damage and restore 10 energy on each tick. You want as close to 100% uptime as possible.
    Yeah it was almost useless, I am assuming that is why they changed it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    The most simply rotation I know of is Elemental Shaman using Primal Elementalist (stronger Elemental pets) and Echo of the Elements. You can essentially put down a totem, drop a ~30s dot on the enemy then push 1 (lightning bolt) repeatedly until 2 (lava burst) is off CD or procced. Meaning "1,2,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,2,1,1,2." That kind of thing. Like Arcane had Arcane Power, Ele has Ascendance. Every 3 minutes push it and press 2 repeatedly until it falls of then go back to 1.

You probably won't be topping any DPS meters, though.
    You're missing Fulmination procs. Elemental at its core is:

Searing Totem/Fire Elemental > Flame Shock > Fulmination proc'ed Earth Shock > Lava Burst > Lightning Bolt spam

Cleave fights are godly for Elemental. You can drop Flame Shock and Lava Burst from the rotation if there are enough targets and there's no primary focus, and just spam Chain Lightning and Earth Shock. Whenever there's a cleave fight in LFR, you can bet your ass an Elemental Shaman will be top by a large margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    You're missing Fulmination procs. Elemental at its core is:

Searing Totem/Fire Elemental > Flame Shock > Fulmination proc'ed Earth Shock > Lava Burst > Lightning Bolt spam
    Completely forgot Earth Shock existed. Haven't played Ele in raid for a couple months.

Cleave fights are godly for Elemental. You can drop Flame Shock and Lava Burst from the rotation if there are enough targets and there's no primary focus, and just spam Chain Lightning and Earth Shock. Whenever there's a cleave fight in LFR, you can bet your ass an Elemental Shaman will be top by a large margin.
    Oh, they're awesome, but since Hunters got 2x Serpent Sting damage (both instant and DoT), Shadow Priests have their ungodly multi-dot -> Mind Sear until they fall asleep capability, and Combat Rogues (enough said), Ele isn't necessarily top cleave.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Quote Originally Posted by Vouksh89 View Post
    Whoever told you that was dead wrong. Rupture was the only thing keeping the spec going. Rupture ticks = Poison Dmg proc (not weapon poison, was a talent) and energy. Still like that. No rupture = no energy. No energy = no damage.

Combat, however, is simple. SS, RvS, evis. that's it. toss up blade flurry for cleave damage.
    Not to be too nit picky here, but with the new Revealing strike you put it up before your SS spam.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 10:24 PM ----------

Yeah it was almost useless, I am assuming that is why they changed it. Thanks.
    Rupture was never useless in Cata, ever since we got the Venomous Wounds talent (which happened before Cata went live) it has always been a required part of the assassination rotation. You might be thinking about combat, in which case it was a 1% dps loss to drop rupture.

One button. Left mouse button. Works with all classes and specs. Master this skill and you will destroy those key binding pvp noobs.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gismo7354 View Post
    One button. Left mouse button. Works with all classes and specs. Master this skill and you will destroy those key binding pvp noobs.
    Dont forget to walk backwards, it protects your soft underbelly from frontal assaults. Also turn with your keyboard to prevent whiplash.
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evi1Toad View Post
    Dont forget to walk backwards, it protects your soft underbelly from frontal assaults. Also turn with your keyboard to prevent whiplash.
    Why not go the extra length and play in FPS mode? That's where real men are made!

Quote Originally Posted by Evi1Toad View Post
    Dont forget to walk backwards, it protects your soft underbelly from frontal assaults.
    Hey... jokes aside, that's a normal tanking thing.
    [What's half of minor?]

Rupture deals a lot of damage from venomous wounds and is essential for energy regen. You also have dispatch procs. Assassination rogues are a lot more fun and less mindless than they were in wrath.

10+ Year Old Account

kind of like a mut rogue winning with shiv in bc, shivs- envenom lol...
    but energy regen worked from garrote and rupture at the same time, as a nelf i could have that up more often (macro smeld+ rupture, and hit when i have energy for it)

still rupture wasn't hit that often in anycase, it was still mainly mut+envenom, and you could do rupture at 1cp even to keep dot up for energy regen.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Rupture deals a lot of damage from venomous wounds and is essential for energy regen. You also have dispatch procs. Assassination rogues are a lot more fun and less mindless than they were in wrath.
    and don't require nearly as much timing as in BC with seal fate procs(it wasn't seal fate...that was extra cp on crits...forget what it was) increasing yellow damage for a certain amount of time(had to pool energy before refreshing snd, then hit mut, 3-4 cp usually, mut if 3 shiv if 4 then envenom, if you didn't pool that envenom would hit i think 10 or 20% less, forget exactly lol

but yes it is more fun and less mindless than they made it in wotlk / cata. granted my rogue is only 89 now (dierwolf-darkspear)
    for me to level my bank alt before ones with guild perks does have to mean something.
    Last edited by Christan; 2012-12-31 at 04:29 AM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.