10+ Year Old Account

What happened to Jaina's companions that went through the portal before her in ToW?

When Rhonin opens the portal to the small isle, Jaina's companions go before her. After she is pushed by Rhonin and awakens in the isle, they are nowhere to be found. What happened to them?

They are referred as companions rather vaguely, they also seem to be the ones that Jaina sends to look for Rhonin when she realizes that the Focusing Iris is dampening her portals. They get to Rhonin, and are referred as "the five Jaina had sent", again, pretty vague. He tells them to report back to Jaina, and finally they bring her to him and are sent through the portal first.

Where they supposed to be player characters of an scrapped scenario idea? They are never referred by race, name or occupation, they just seem to be a group of people following Jaina. I don't remember seeing them before Jaina is tending the wounded, maybe they where mentioned before.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    A very interesting reflection ... I personally support your theory that these "companions" of Jaina should have been us (our characters) in a... better scenario.

To be honest, I expected much more from the "Theramore's Fall" scenario, Blizzard should have developed it more... the rush is not good...

they were supposed to be us the author confirmed this however sometime before the book was released and while they were doing the scenario they decided to change it for who knows why.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

From my understanding the Alliance version of the scenario went through an unusually high number of concepts before Blizzard finally arrived at the version they ultimately went forward with.

Christie Golden was probably working from an outline that was the frontrunner at the time, but was ultimately scrapped. I kind of wish Blizzard had committed a lot earlier, since it would of avoided a massive pile of inconsistencies between the book and the Alliance version of the scenario.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    A very interesting reflection ... I personally support your theory that these "companions" of Jaina should have been us (our characters) in a... better scenario.

To be honest, I expected much more from the "Theramore's Fall" scenario, Blizzard should have developed it more... the rush is not good...
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they were supposed to be us the author confirmed this however sometime before the book was released and while they were doing the scenario they decided to change it for who knows why.
    I haven't done the scenario so I don't really know how it goes but for reading wowpedia. But Golden's vision sounds far more interesting that looking around the wreckage.

If this indeed was confirmed by Golden, it kinda sucks; it would have been so much cooler if you were part of the battle.

She does mentions five people, and scenarios only have three. Of course, maybe they changed how many people scenarios where made to be run with, but it also could mean that this version was intended as a dungeon. Now, it would be awesome if this showed up as a dungeon, maybe in Caverns of time? But what would be the idea beyond it? Can't really think of a plausible one.