Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Ill prob never read the response to this post but as a nov 2004 subscriber.

1. The community is gone, before the community was never top notch but it was relevant. And they all wernt whining.

2. In vanilla being in a reputable guild meant something, now i can only name maybe 4 guilds on my server at the top of my head, cant name any of there gm's.

3. Lots of people didn't like vanilla because raiding was NOT accessible to everybody. I got REALLY lucky and got a spot in a 40 man guild who was very good and consistent. However, i did notice that a lot of other players did not get that same opportunity.

4. PvP was kind of a joke, i got to rank 12 (general) and if i would of gotten any further i would have to given up my job.

5. Just overall realm presence, feels like im on a realm with abunch of random people, whereas before i knew people from random world bosses/ or dungeon runs that we did because there wasnt crossrealm

6. A very elite few controlled the AH

7. The epicness is just gone. Its gone forever. Play vanilla on a private server or just enjoy the remnant of once a great game.

7. The epicness is just gone. Its gone forever. Play vanilla on a private server or just enjoy the remnant of once a great game.
    That's called nostalgia and no game will ever be able to recreate nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    That's called nostalgia and no game will ever be able to recreate nostalgia.
    I wouldn't call it 100% nostalgia. Ive been playing vanilla on a private server recently and i can honestly say its a better MMO. Its grindy, sure, but its not anything compared to everquest. Everybody wants a MMO to be like fable these days, just get free shit and make your character awesome with minimal effort. Thats the new age of MMO's. If WoW came out today it wouldnt be near as popular(not that it was really that popular in 2005 anyway)

Oh, come on. We all really know the truth. The truth is this: people are not nice and caring. And, given the chances, anyone will be an ass. Because being an ass is much, much more simplier and tends to give more profit.
    Want an example? Sure. Disenchanting. While playing my enchanter in TBC, I was always telling to my random party that I'm an enchanter and I can d\e unneeded loot with further rolling shards. Sometimes people disagree, but mostly they agreed. And I never ninjaed shards, always fair rolls and trades to winners. Then comes d/e button. And I started to see people just needing items for mats for themselves. So what am I doing now? Right. Needing items I can for d/e for mats for myself. Why do I do that? Because why I shouldn't? If I won't need item, another enchanter in party would anyway. I'm not a ninja, nor an ass, I am a nice and polite person. And this is only one example.
    People all over the world with every year tend to become more greedy, selfish and arrogant and less caring. Because caring in modern world gives nothing.