First Place: The Elder Scrolls Online
    Second Place: Neverwinter
    Third Place: WildStar

BEST MMO
    First Place: Guild Wars 2
    Second Place: World of Warcraft
    Third Place: EVE Online

Valar morghulis

I actually listened to the soundtrack in GW2 for the first time a few weeks ago. Not quite as good as GW1 but damn its good. The presentation of the series has always been top notch. It's too bad GW1 kinda had such an out dated engine. Though I suppose that is remedied in the sequel.

Pretty solid viewer choices... except how can games released for years still receive accolade in the current year? League of Legends, World of Warcraft, Eve, HON and Aion? It is 2012, no?

Pardon while I roll my eyes into the new year over games released 4+ years ago. 9^9

Think some people had blinkers on with some of them votes, why on earth would you vote gw2 best mmo, when its got no raiding and no rated pvp.

maybe now people get it, that GW2 isn't a F2P game

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 03:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    why on earth would you vote gw2 best mmo, when its got no raiding and no rated pvp.
    for me "no raiding" is one of the reasons I love this game

Think some people had blinkers on with some of them votes, why on earth would you vote gw2 best mmo, when its got no raiding and no rated pvp.
    Maybe because that isn't especially important to everyone or perhaps viewers are/were enjoying GW2 despite the lack of rated PVP/raiding. Seems logical enough.

Unless you are being sarcastic and then "LOL Anet bought Gamebreaker", etc, etc.

Raiding is boring. That's why I got GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah man like wtf man yo' can't stand a game that takes other routes man' gotta' keep hardcore man!

Nope, sorry to introduce you to the mmo-rpg genre, it's stagnant and makes people beleive that those features are core of any mmo-rpg thus making a zombiefest with people... if you want competitive pvp go play tournament pvp, you even get rewards from it.

Clearly, ArenaNet and NCsoft are buying individual votes for this. It's the only logical, rational explanation for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that they named gw2 best mmo makes me not care about this. I dont know what would be, but i dont think you can really pick the best mmo. Maybe its tied for 1st place with a few other mmos...[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 11:23 PM ----------

Another thing. SWTOR won awards similar to these as well, and look at it now. Lets call GW2 the best mmo in 2 years time and ill be fine with it.

Congrats to Anet. I really hope they have a long term plan to keep players interested, they have been doing a wonderful job so far. There's still a lot of content I haven't experienced yet and I'm at 750 hours played. Only gripe so far is that they need to start paying a bit more attention to the PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Clearly, ArenaNet and NCsoft are buying individual votes for this. It's the only logical, rational explanation for this.
    thats the exact response gw2 fans do and say anything towards people that defend WoW and blizzard. gets tiring doesnt it having to defend stupidity?

I'm pretty sure people who play GW2 don't actually care about WoW. Not sure why every positive thread about GW2 on the GW2 forum is filled with WoW players bashing the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its sad that the fanboyism wars have gone as far that every man and his grandmas dog is listing rankings for MMO's and peoplethink that somehow validates the "x game is better than y game" arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    thats the exact response gw2 fans do and say anything towards people that defend WoW and blizzard. gets tiring doesnt it having to defend stupidity?
    Erm, that's the response stupid people give. I've seen more claims of "X GAME OR Y DEVELOPER CLEARLY BOUGHT THEIR REVIEW SCORE/PLACEMENT IN A EoY ROUNDUP!" this year than ever before, and it's the most foolish thing ever.

So let's leave individual fanbases out of this, as it doesn't pertain to any specific fans, but rather stupid people. I'm not defending anyone, I'm belittling stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well yeah. Like I said in the other thread, this always happens with major MMO releases.
    Provided the game [MMO] is released within the year of the listing and playable, this is exactly as it should be.

You don't pass out an MMO of the Year 2012 award to Vanguard anymore than you would list Moby Dick Book of the Year 2012.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Provided the game [MMO] is released within the year of the listing and playable, this is exactly as it should be.

You don't pass out an MMO of the Year 2012 award to Vanguard anymore than you would list Moby Dick Book of the Year 2012.

No, but i dont think an mmo only out for a few months should get the best mmo of them all reward. Let them earn it over consistent patching and releases over a few years. No one called wow the best mmo in jan of 2006..

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    No, but i dont think an mmo only out for a few months should get the best mmo of them all reward. Let them earn it over consistent patching and releases over a few years. No one called wow the best mmo in jan of 2006..
    Then you are not giving that MMO an accolade for the year of it's release.

Live development is nice and all, but the EOY typically is for year of release. Whether that be film, book, record or video game.

"Oh look, Bobby Gillespie added some tracks to Screamadelica. Record of the Year 2012."

Kinda foolish regardless of medium. Year of release is typical of editorial and audience listings for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

I see it more like a soccer award, the one who performs best in a year gets the reward. Messi might not have started his career in 2012, but he clearly deserves the award for best player of the year 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    The fact that they named gw2 best mmo makes me not care about this. I dont know what would be, but i dont think you can really pick the best mmo. Maybe its tied for 1st place with a few other mmos...[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 11:23 PM ----------

Another thing. SWTOR won awards similar to these as well, and look at it now. Lets call GW2 the best mmo in 2 years time and ill be fine with it.
    Not sure if ppl posting know this but Gamebreaker.tv didnt give out these awards. This was pure fan voting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Not sure if ppl posting know this but Gamebreaker.tv didnt give out these awards. This was pure fan voting.
    I'm sure some people are still going to saw Gamebreaker skewed the numbers somehow or something.