Deleted

Angry Realm-First Achievments after Server Transfer

Just a little rant about a problem with the new Realm-First achievments, server transfers and blizzard logic.
    So, in fact there is a 60 Day Cooldown after transfering a character so you can't steal a Realm-First Achievment.
    It's even noted if you transfer a character.
    Well... Nice - because there are no character specific raid feats anymore, they are now guild feats.
    What does this mean? You can safely ignore the 60 Day Cooldown because there is no requirement like having at least some people from the realm (or 60 days on the realm) in the raid.
    Combining this with the upcoming guild transfers this is imo unfair. Because you can just go to a server, snipe the xxx Realm-First achievment and that's it.
    The cooldown was implemented to prevent this but is now useless.

What do you think? Fair / Unfair?

Remember that there might be guilds progressing on this boss for some time trying to beat each other to it and then some guild transfers which has it on farm and get's it. Destroys a lot of competition in my opinion.

It's still realms first even if you migg there and get it, what's the deal?
    Noone cares about servers first, and if they do they don't want to be worlds 200234th just because the migged.

I actually didn't notice this, and to my surprise, I didn't get the warrior realm first (Was 2 days from getting it).
    Anyhow, it does affect the guild realm firsts.

The whole guild had transfered to a new server and we were about to kill Al'Akir HC. But what had happened just a few days before was that our mage was hacked and the hacked transfered his character away. So contacting a GM led to him transfering back the character (and thus removing the "you have transfered", not really sure why). Anyhow, it meant that when killing Al'Akir, it looked to everyone else that only he had been present during the kill, which led to ALOT of whispers asking "OMG DID U SOLO??!?+1?!" (Same with sinestra btw =p)

Oh about fairness, that wouldn't be fair, but restricting me from getting my warrior realm first because I had transfered there almost 2 months before catac release kinda made me sad since I had no special advantage on that new server because of my transfer..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnc8oMcJh-4
    Sinestra vid, go to 6:42, have a look in the chat, Schmigge is the only one who's getting it
    Last edited by Feriuma; 2011-10-16 at 10:16 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah it does seem like it needs updating, as it's not really affecting anyone atm.

So.. you transfer your guild, get a realm first GUILD achievement, no personal FoS, no titles, then you can't transfer back cause you'll just lose it, basically forcing a decent guild onto an obviously poor realm... which is a good thing? So what's the problem?

I still think it was a terrible idea to remove personal FoS's / titles.
    Last edited by Mudkiper; 2011-10-16 at 12:57 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had this happen to me during wrath. Numen transferred to my server and took Death's Demise / Celestial Defender whilst we were in Ulduar on our way to get the title ourself. Man I was pissed.
    It was implemented to stop people from being able to transfer and take a title for the realm first. Now that titles are no longer rewarded for a realm first I don't really see a major problem with it as it is. I was disappointed when our guild got Realm First rag a couple weeks ago and I didn't have a personal FOS. Just a guild FOS.

Quote Originally Posted by feriuma View Post
    i actually didn't notice this, and to my surprise, i didn't get the warrior realm first (was 2 days from getting it).
    Anyhow, it does affect the guild realm firsts.

The whole guild had transfered to a new server and we were about to kill al'akir hc. But what had happened just a few days before was that our mage was hacked and the hacked transfered his character away. So contacting a gm led to him transfering back the character (and thus removing the "you have transfered", not really sure why). Anyhow, it meant that when killing al'akir, it looked to everyone else that only he had been present during the kill, which led to alot of whispers asking "omg did u solo??!?+1?!" (same with sinestra btw =p)

oh about fairness, that wouldn't be fair, but restricting me from getting my warrior realm first because i had transfered there almost 2 months before catac release kinda made me sad since i had no special advantage on that new server because of my transfer..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnc8omcjh-4
    sinestra vid, go to 6:42, have a look in the chat, schmigge is the only one who's getting it :d
    who are you dawg!? :dd

Infracted
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2013-01-07 at 02:53 AM.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Deleted
    Necro of the decade

Deleted
    Closed. Big nono on necroing threads like this