When entering an eclipse state is it better to immediately put your eclipsed dot up?

When entering an eclipse state is it better to immediately put your eclipsed dot up or do you let the uneclipsed dot tick until you get to your last cast before losing eclipse to put the new eclipsed dot up?

Given the previous DOT isn't mega-buffed by Incarnation: Yes, apply the Eclipsed DOT.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mythiix View Post
    When entering an eclipse state is it better to immediately put your eclipsed dot up or do you let the uneclipsed dot tick until you get to your last cast before losing eclipse to put the new eclipsed dot up?
    As long as you put it back up before you lose Nature's Grace + Eclipse (and any other buffs you might have like trinkets), no reason to clip the old DoT.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    As long as you put it back up before you lose Nature's Grace + Eclipse (and any other buffs you might have like trinkets), no reason to clip the old DoT.
    Exactly what this man said.

Please do not post one liners that are the equivalent of "^this". Without additional thoughts/information, it's considered spam. Infracted.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2012-12-31 at 04:51 AM.

Once I enter eclipse, if the uneclipsed DoT has < 3 seconds remaining on it's duration as I enter eclipse then I usually apply the eclipsed DoT followed by the non-eclipsed DoT if it has a similar time (< 3 seconds) to expiration.