Page 1 of 2
LastLast

bunch of zynga games shutting down

http://techcrunch.com/2012/12/30/zyn...-mafia-wars-2/

Executing the cost-reduction plan CEO Mark Pincus announced in November, Zynga has shut down, pulled from the app stores, or stopped accepting new players to 11 games, with some turning off today.
    PetVille – Shut down December 30th
    Mafia Wars 2 - Shut down December 30th
    FishVille – Shut down December 5th
    Vampire Wars – Shut down December 5th
    Treasure Isle – Shut down December 5th
    Indiana Jones Adventure World – Closed to new players, shuts down January 14th
    Mafia Wars Shakedown – Pulled from app stores
    Forestville – Pulled from app stores
    Montopia – Shut down December 21st
    Mojitomo – Pulled from app stores
    Word Scramble Challenge – Pulled from app stores
    I never got into any facebook games, but kind of sad developers are getting let go.
    Plus I thought casual players love those games, however they seem to have 30 other games still going.

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to the video games forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    can't say i'm sorry to see the games themselves go but i do feel for any employees who are losing their jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    kind of sad considering some people did spend real life money on those pay to win games.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see, casual games like this are seriously ruining the gaming market.
    All the big companies are starting to waste resources to fund these small types of games.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

My step mother in law loves mafia wars...it truly pleases me to see it being shut down.

Take that you selfish bitch

15+ Year Old Account
    No! NOT FISHVILLE! ANYTHING BUT FISHVILLE!

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    No! NOT FISHVILLE! ANYTHING BUT FISHVILLE!
    It's not like someone won't have copied it and started their own central server for it to run on. Just good luck finding it D:

Personally the only facebook game i ever played was tetris for about half a hour until i got bored because the difficulty change was too damn slow. The only thing i know about farmville and whatnot is that i get spammed "items" and invites from my friends every now and then so I won't mind if they are gone.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Good, another steep decline of gaming is slowly being plugged off.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as I can still play Words with Friends, I'm happy.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Good, another steep decline of gaming is slowly being plugged off.
    It's really not. Unfortunately.

Zynga has about 2 dozen others that are still going strong. These are just shitty offshoots that never gained much popularity to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not Zynga, but as long as mousehunt doesn't go anywhere I'm fine. In fact, I don't know what I would do if mousehunt got shutdown. I've played it literally everyday for almost 4 years now and it's the primary reason I still use facebook. I don't even play it from facebook, since it has its own site (it is still linked to facebook for who knows why though)

<3 Duke (59%) 458,171,938 points

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    My step mother in law loves mafia wars...it truly pleases me to see it being shut down.

Take that you selfish bitch
    mafia wars 2 is shutting down not 1

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 05:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Not Zynga, but as long as mousehunt doesn't go anywhere I'm fine. In fact, I don't know what I would do if mousehunt got shutdown. I've played it literally everyday for almost 4 years now and it's the primary reason I still use facebook. I don't even play it from facebook, since it has its own site (it is still linked to facebook for who knows why though)
    Could never get into mousehunt...

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 05:54 AM ----------

With zynga shutting down all these games pissing off players of those games, i wonder why they just don't stop active development and take them down slower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zynga has been accused several times of outright stealing other game designs. I guess it is biting them on the ass now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Zynga has been accused several times of outright stealing other game designs. I guess it is biting them on the ass now.
    Well, I think the kicker is that they produced a board game version of Words With Friends.
    Putin khuliyo

...and not a single tear was shed that day.

Good riddance.

10+ Year Old Account
    never heard of any of them..

Never really liked facebook games so honestly idc if they shut down all the games

*shrugs* Its like MMO servers, ppl cry like the sky is falling cuz a couple that noone cared about got shut down, but Zynga's still the market leader and doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    *shrugs* Its like MMO servers, ppl cry like the sky is falling cuz a couple that noone cared about got shut down, but Zynga's still the market leader and doing fine.
    Tell that to their company which is still downsizing (closing their Japan branch altogether), their CEO who is in tears and is listed in a few "Worst CEO of 2012" lists, and their stock that's still in the tank.