Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsy View Post
    I have played since the eu release in 2005, and raided hardcore in vanilla and BC and that's my list( From best to worst ):

1. MOP - Hands down the best expansion to date , even if its not done yet , its still over beats every other. This is the only time in the game when I can log in the morning and play all day and still don't even scratch the surface of the things I can do, absolutely brilliant.
    Thats called afking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    TBC>MoP>WotLK>Vanilla>Cata

Fail to see why OP thinks Cata is better than MoP.
    Lets just say that if he gets hit by sunlight, he will turn into stone!

*The hobbit*

Believe me people, most of your memories of past expansions are nostalgia. My proof of this is you put Cataclysm higher than MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Believe me people, most of your memories of past expansions are nostalgia. My proof of this is you put Cataclysm higher than MoP.
    I'll just exclude myself from that generalization since MoP was #2 on my list and Cata was last.

TBC > MoP > WotLK > Cata

I excluded vanilla because I did not raid in vanilla. I really liked outlands and the storyline it brought when released!

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    TBC>MoP>WotLK>Vanilla>Cata

Fail to see why OP thinks Cata is better than MoP.
    We have the exact same list

Wrath>TBC> Cata>MoP

WotLK > TBC > MoP > Cata

Although I personally would have liked the TBC model more its unquestionably worse than wotlk in the grand scheme of the community. The theme of TBC and WotLK is amazing and A LOT of that epic feeling was and is lost in Cata/MoP. So much so that the last "end boss" that actually felt like one is still the LK. MoP is seriously headed in the correct direction though after Cata and with a better story and theme the next expansion is setup to be amazing if it keeps following

The game has become worse with each expansion for me because blizzard's goal is to make it as fail proof as possible

Been playing since wotlk and must say out of all three exansions I've played list goes: Wotlk -> MoP/Cata

I personally hate this new Valor point system gave up on dailies after 3weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janir View Post
    I personally hate this new Valor point system gave up on dailies after 3weeks.
    Ure not the only, it sucks money balls.

Best - BC > Wrath > cata > MoP - Worst

WoTLK > Cata > TBC > Vanilla.

Can't tell as for MoP just yet.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

I believe each expansion has progressively made the game worse.

I guess I just don't understand the point of the game anymore. People can see every boss and get nearly the best gear in the game just by logging in. At least the progression model gave people goals to work towards and things to strive for.. It seems gear is the motivator now, since you can see all the bosses in the tier in lolfr, but who really gives a shit about gear when its so easy to get, and the tiers are obsolete in 6-8 months?

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 06:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Vanilla was the worst crap ever released on Earth.
    If you played vanilla, you must have lurked A VERY LONG TIME before ever joining MMOC.....

Sure, everyone played vanilla, and raided, and farmed Naxx 1.0 and AQ40

I like it how all the players that started playing this game last summer are choosing MoP and Cata as the best expansions, lol. If anything TBC had some of the best raiding content in this game, real challenges, great lore, and a really good time. Wrath carried some of that feeling, but then Cata came, and while it was a necesity for the game, it was mediocre at best. MoP brought some of that "good feeling" back, finally. But it would still need something really epic raid wise to compare itself in that respect even with wotlk.

Cata brought rbgs. From a PvP perspective I cannot say cata was the worst xpac. MoP>Cata>LK>BC>Vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Patchwerk would sometimes reset himself close to 1% when we attempted him, you could not even understand how rage worthy that was.
    The attempt before our first kill Kael'thas bugged in his phase transition from P4->P5. He was that big glowing floaty-Elf-Puppet that followed our tank where ever he would go...

Yeah, I can imagine you r rage

Quote Originally Posted by painweaver View Post
    I believe each expansion has progressively made the game worse.

I guess I just don't understand the point of the game anymore. People can see every boss and get nearly the best gear in the game just by logging in. At least the progression model gave people goals to work towards and things to strive for.. It seems gear is the motivator now, since you can see all the bosses in the tier in lolfr, but who really gives a shit about gear when its so easy to get, and the tiers are obsolete in 6-8 months?

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 06:46 PM ----------

If you played vanilla, you must have lurked A VERY LONG TIME before ever joining MMOC.....

Sure, everyone played vanilla, and raided, and farmed Naxx 1.0 and AQ40
    Heroic content is actually a hell of a lot harder now than it was in, say, vanilla. The hard part about vanilla was getting 40 people to play properly. Sure, it took a hell of a lot longer to get gear for lots of reasons - But the actual encounters nowadays (on heroic) are much harder.

I do agree that gear shouldn't be the only motivator though, seeing the boss should be. Ulduar model was my favorite.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2012-12-31 at 07:29 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    from best to worst

TBC > T11 Cata > Vanilla > Wolk > rest of cata
    never play mop.

I had my best time in game during TBC. Being a fan of every warcraft RTS game, especially War3 reign of chaos and frozen throne, i was thrilled to face legends such as kael'thas, illidan, lady vashj, sargeras. The tower of medihv was awesome too.

The progression made sense. Illidan was in a game as early as 2.1, a few month after the release of the expansion, yet took me a year to get ready to finally face him. progress my way out of kara, through SSC, TK, hyjal and finally BT, fun time. I had to improve my skills, my equipment, gain experience, not the XP for leveling, real fighting experience, as a gamer. It felt like a RPG should feel, the challenge a hero should overcome to get ready cast evil away. I never finish TBC before the nerf, iwas dabling in sunwell, almost killed the first boss, but i don't mind.

nowadays, you just wait for the lfr version to come out, kill it the first day, no overwhelming joy of downing a powerfull opponent, no epic journey anymore, just mini games. LFD mini games, 15 minute and you're done. Daily quest mini games, scenario mini games, lfr mini games. I can understand this format can appeal to some, just not me.

i think other expansion did improve on some weak point of TBC, the class are better designed and better balanced, each spec has it's appeal. the game improve technically, graphically. We have tools to keep the community together, armory, group finder, cross server friend list. The achievement system kind of neat.

I tought Cataclym would become the better TBC, it started out so great. But the nerf and the valor point and the LFR and the lazy design that consist in using 25 man raid and scaling down to 10 rather than creating original 10 man, like in TBC, globally cata didn't deliver on it's promises.

How's MoP?

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    We do not need this thread every single week. Please, try coming up with new discussions.
    We also do not need people padding their post count by playing backseat moderator in every one of those threads.