Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    R N G

nothing else. you can kill it 1 time both drop, you can kill it 50000 times never drops

rng is rng

although it is rng, they have a much higher drop rate than most raid mounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Ofcourse. But that is not a reason to think you can farm it in a couple of weeks. I did get Baron Rivendare's mount on my third run, I had to run MGT for the Swift White Hawkstrider 96 freaking times. I had 6 guildies that got that Hawk in less than 5 runs within the months I farmed it. Atleast I had a 16 slot bag in bank with Phoenix pets! I opened a ticket and asked if I could combine them to an Ashes of Alar or get the title the Phoenix Hoarder. But no

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    it is a 4% drop compared to the 1% drop of other rare mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    It have happened to me in 25 man but only got the Azure drake, still I'm happy

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Ofcourse. But that is not a reason to think you can farm it in a couple of weeks. I did get Baron Rivendare's mount on my third run, I had to run MGT for the Swift White Hawkstrider 96 freaking times. I had 6 guildies that got that Hawk in less than 5 runs within the months I farmed it. Atleast I had a 16 slot bag in bank with Phoenix pets! I opened a ticket and asked if I could combine them to an Ashes of Alar or get the title the Phoenix Hoarder. But no
    True, but Baron and the White Hawkstrider are 1%, where as the azure drake is 4%. That is a huge jump percentage wise. The higher the percentage, the less time it should take to get it. Usually anyways. RNG can be painful though.

Gonna have to start running this on my lock to get me a couple Black Ices for my pets.

Man, I bet with Afflic's burst I can get him to 1hp before p3 !
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    True, but Baron and the White Hawkstrider are 1%, where as the azure drake is 4%. That is a huge jump percentage wise. The higher the percentage, the less time it should take to get it. Usually anyways. RNG can be painful though.
    Swift Hawkstrider can be completed 7 times a week on a single character
    Baron Charger can be completed 100 times a day, if you camp every instance lock.
    EoE can be completed once a week on a single character.

You see what i am saying, dawg?
    Frequency is a huge factor

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=35513 wowhead has white hawk strider at 4%

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw the double drop once. Both went to different ppl, it was back when I did weekly OS/Ony/Maly runs, with the Onyxian drake on reserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Interesting, I'll definately have to put EoE on my own to do list!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerlynne View Post
    I duo this with a friend twice a week for xmog and drakes. It's quite fun and he's gotten the azure while I have the blue so far. It's kind of funny how many raids and projects are on our To Do lists (together or not) since we got geared and interested.
    Yea, fun to go back and do achies / get mounts

Deleted
    @ Topic

WoW! But I got the same feeling today...

Offtopic:

Maybe not the Best Thread, but I dont want to make a new one and his drop is really special...

But my Post...
    In 20min, I looted both with my Monk, Onyxia Drake and Ashes of Alar...

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...and/Nelea/feed

And yeah, just a Twink :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosiel View Post
    @ Topic

Offtopic:

Maybe not the Best Thread, but I dont want to make a new one and his drop is really special...

But my Post...

Wow. That is some insane luck! Grats

Quote Originally Posted by Rosiel View Post
    @ Topic

Offtopic:

But my Post...

Very Insane luck.
    Grats on both those treasures that will not drop for me

Off-Topic. How are you a level 90 twink?

Not quite a double mount drop, but to follow up with my previous post in the thread, the week after the blue drake dropped, the azure one dropped.

To the person who got Ashes and the Ony mount in the same day...you should've bought a lottery ticket or something equivalent that day, lol.

Deleted
    Both dropped for me after summoning a DS LFR group into EoE. Unfortunately there were about 15 other people rolling on the mounts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    slightly unreleated but is it possible to solo eoe? i forgot these mounts still dropped and would like to farm it if possible
    I had some difficulty in doing the drake phase as 1,1,2,3 didn't work.
    Then I learned that's more like 1-mississipi, 1-mississipi, 2-mississipi, 3-mississipi, so energy have time to build. And if you haven't enough energy for 3, just repeat a 1 again, so you don't lose the combo points.

Speaking of rare mounts, this just dropped for me!
    http://i.imgur.com/0lXIS.jpg

only achivments onle hardcore

Infracted
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2013-01-18 at 08:25 PM.

I've yet to see this happen. I never got the Blue Drake when it was in the bags from Occulus... yet I got the Azure my first time duo-ing EoE in Cata. However when my 10 man raid group was farming Heroic Madness of Deathwing we had the Life-Binder's Handmaiden and a Blazing Drake drop on more than one occasion.