Poll: Do you Ski or Snowboard

Thread: Ski or Board?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ski or Board?

So I got a job as a chair lift operator at a major ski resort in my state and I've noticed there are a lot of snowboarders around. I've been skiing for 20 years and this year I think it might be possible that now at least half the guests are boarders. Maybe its just me but I've noticed a steady increase in snowboarders over the years. Made me curious as to what everyone here does.

Do you board or ski?

I personally ski.
    Putin khuliyo

I grew up skiing and got really got at it, but was never much good at any terrain park stuff besides the big air jumps and half pipes. I've been skateboarding all my life, so when I tried snowboarding I picked it up within hours and stuck to that for the terrain parks cuz rails were so much easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ski, but I'm terrible at it.

Snowboard. And you're right, it's been steadily gaining more and more followers in the past couple of years.

Deleted
    Both since ~ 10 years, but started with skiing (not like I had a choice here in Austria )

Quote Originally Posted by Faklor View Post
    Both since ~ 10 years, but started with skiing (not like I had a choice here in Austria )
    I envy you so much right now. Austria is literally overflowing with snow right now. Should have returned from Mayrhofen today, but sadly that trip was cancelled

Switched to board a few years back, don't think I'll ever return to skiing.

in european alps /austria everyone learns skiing at the age of 3 or so so as soon as u walk, u learn skiing. Most do snowboard too, but snowboarding is on decline since late 90ies, where it was 50/50. Carving ski, and things like monoski /monoboard are on the rise nowadays, with about a quarter still snowboarding, but most use carver boards, freestyle boards have become pretty rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Faklor View Post
    Skiing every year.
    Tried snowboarding a day or 2, each time, the past years. It's fun enough., but i enjoy skiing too much.
    The real offpiste where you get flown up, and just ride all the way down, might be more fun on snowboard. Might have to try that at some point
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I went snowboarding once, and while it was a lot of fun, I wasn't very good at it. Would love to go skiing if I had the opportunity. Am told it's easier than snowboarding and you have more control.

Ski all the way. Just love it. Wasn't excited enough to learn how to snowboard. Don't regret. My winter goes mostly by skiing. Freeski with mates
    Ban-Hammer
    Binds when picked up
    Two-Hand* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Mace
    1336-1337* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Speed 1.337
    (133.7 damage per second)
    +100 Owning Noobs
    Chance on hit: Bans a Noob/Troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boarding all the way! I simply love it, I'm sure Skiing is fun too. But ever since I learned how to board 5 years ago I just couldn't resist to hit the slopes every season.

I grew up skiing, and can handle myself on pretty much any slope. My wife boards, so years ago I set myself up with a board but honestly im terrible...I like to stick to the blues only. I decide which of the two I go for based on who I am going with, many days ill bring both and switch half way through.

i've done both, but i prefer the ice and skating over the powdery stuff

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love snowboarding but tore my acl about 3 weeks ago. Started out skiing when I was really young then instantly went over to snowboarding when I was allowed to.

I've tried both and would say I found skiing to be slightly more enjoyable, but that might have a bit to do with the fact I found it slightly disconcerting to have both feet strapped to the same plank! However it's not something I tend to think about because I live in a place where snow is a rarity & I don't visit the ski resorts in Scotland because well, I don't like the cold!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need an option for telemark.

Free-heel for the win.

Both.

I prefer skiing since that is what I started with, and I'm better in a terrain park with, but boarding can be entertaining too. The stoner boarder culture is semi-annoying though.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went snowboarding a few times several years ago. Not exactly good at it..

Now I do neither.

10+ Year Old Account
    snowboard , its just so much simpler. normal boots + board, dont need sticks or whatever other equipment ^^ it always make me chuckle when skiers (?) fell down and scatter everything around the slope, sticks go there , skies clip off and go in all directions^^