Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Da f** is wrong with stealth and vanish?

I'm currently leveling my rogue alt after neglecting it for quite some time in favor of my main and favorite twink. Have been doing loads of Alterac and I'm honestly considering throwing both vanish and stealth out of my taskbar because I might aswell not have or use them. I can't count how often both players and pets have ignored vanish or seem to be able to see me from max range already.

One example was an warlock of equal level. After retapping a tower I fled from the crime scene because there were afterall three Alliance one of them being a healer. The warlock managed to get his imps out and those immediatly went for me, I vanished after using cloak to get rid of the imps and they simply didn't care attacking my anyway and forcing my out of stealth. Even another attempt did not solve this as they ignored vanish the second time just the same.

Another one was an warrior who was on a lower level then me. He was riding in the opposite direction of where I was heading, suddenly turned left to where I was sneaking down the road and charged me from max range.

The probably funniest thing was an hunter who didn't even stop attacking me, he didn't even lost me out of his target nor did I lose his pet and it's also nice that apparently one can be hit by traps regardless of cloak of shadows.

Noticed it a couple of times too on my warlock. Rogues stealthing out and then popping into sight, from far away, still being in that fade that shows stealth. Just. Visible from a range i shouldn't be able to see.
    It's a bit odd, but mostly it works.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Been hearing about this happening from guildies dont know why...

10+ Year Old Account
    Both Lynx rush and Murder of crows effectively ignore clos/vanish aswell. retarded as fuq.

Welcome to the class of rogue.

Deleted
    Yup, Since MoP Vanish has been very broken, essentially, is doesn't stop Pets from attacking you. The charged at max range issue is also well known. So far I've seen no real blue responses confirming them or any suggestion that developers are working to fix it.

Deleted
    happens on my druid and mage as well when i use invis. the amount of times hunter pets keep following you after you vanish!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouchy View Post
    Yup, Since MoP Vanish has been very broken, essentially, is doesn't stop Pets from attacking you. The charged at max range issue is also well known. So far I've seen no real blue responses confirming them or any suggestion that developers are working to fix it.
    When has vanish not been broken haha. Vanilla and tbc would break instantly from any damage prior or during to vanish. got a little brtter in.wotlk amd cata. but then they made this perma stealth for a few seconds... and now everyone just sees the permastealth haha...

Deleted
    Was watching Reckful's stream lastnight on his rogue he got feared from a Phsyfiend out of stealth from about 8 yards, it was a total WTF moment, but now it makes sense.

Been having same problem, charge > execute when vanished was probably the most frustrating. I miss the old vanish tbh, unreliable as hell but at least you could use it to evade damage.

Any way this could be linked to subterfuge? Would be interesting to know if rogues with shadow focus have the same issue.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

10+ Year Old Account
    i got shadow fucus and got the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    Both Lynx rush and Murder of crows effectively ignore clos/vanish aswell. retarded as fuq.
    Murder of Crows is debatable, but Lynx Rush ignoring Vanish/Cloak is not retarded since it's a bleed. Murder of Crows is a DoT, but it's in the physical school. So technically it's working as intended, although there are obvious balance issues with a fire and forget physical DoT that lasts 30 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouchy View Post

it was broken far before mop, always had the issue of pets following after vanish and breaking it for as long as i can remember. it doesn't happen now as much as it use to, but it still does and its very annoying. i play a hunter as a main so im use to having my pet follow rogues after they vanish.

Deleted
    In Cata there were problems but it was NOWHERE near this bad. Shadow vanish for example shows that they can in fact fix it and they could do the very same thing for rogues, yet they don't.

Is Shadow Walk even effective? Been using it while leveling my rogue through AV weekend, and I've gotten caught with it up quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Is Shadow Walk even effective? Been using it while leveling my rogue through AV weekend, and I've gotten caught with it up quite a lot.
    I had problems with it while levelling, but at 90 I haven't been caught once while using it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Any way this could be linked to subterfuge? Would be interesting to know if rogues with shadow focus have the same issue.
    I have Shadow Focus, it still happens.

Deleted
    I dont know about anyother class but for hunters, when we get our mark on stealthers even if you restealth without taking the mark away, the hunter and his pet can still see you.. For hunters , i wont say it is a bug. The hunter just applied his mark at the right time... For other situations i do not know

Quote Originally Posted by fisayoolat View Post
    I dont know about anyother class but for hunters, when we get our mark on stealthers even if you restealth without taking the mark away, the hunter and his pet can still see you.. For hunters , i wont say it is a bug. The hunter just applied his mark at the right time... For other situations i do not know
    We can tell when we have Hunter's Mark on us, we're talking about situations when we get a clean vanish yet still remain visible. I've caught lots of rogues myself when I really shouldn't have - it's a bug not a l2play issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL Been catching rogues all AV weekend and i thought i was pro.
    I watch a rouge sap a teammate next to me and run to the other end of an alliance bunker and i could still clearly see him as he hid behind a pillar.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"