Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    We can tell when we have Hunter's Mark on us, we're talking about situations when we get a clean vanish yet still remain visible. I've caught lots of rogues myself when I really shouldn't have - it's a bug not a l2play issue.
    oh well it must be a bug then for the rouges but for mages that stealth im guessing its the former.. I might be wrong if i may add........

Been happening alot on my Druid in AV. I've been having random pets and minions running after me in stealth, even after Smeld/Prowl as well as apparently having max firing range hunters getting me out of stealth without flare/mark. I hope it's a bug, because it's really pissing me off now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    Been happening alot on my Druid in AV. I've been having random pets and minions running after me in stealth, even after Smeld/Prowl as well as apparently having max firing range hunters getting me out of stealth without flare/mark. I hope it's a bug, because it's really pissing me off now.
    QFT. Both I and Thass have been levelling our Kitties in AV (Winter's Veil is too much fun), and we've both had issues with our Prowl.

Anything from people seeing us from miles away, to pets randomly attacking us whilst we're prowling from over 20 yards away. I got the "Agro" message (and then actually chased and attacked) from a Hunter's Pet whilst prowling behind a pillar on the opposite side of Stonehearth Bunker last night. No Hunter's Mark, no Flare, no previous combat engagement with them (or the Hunter), or anyone else nearby. Just a random attack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    QFT. Both I and Thass have been levelling our Kitties in AV (Winter's Veil is too much fun), and we've both had issues with our Prowl.

Anything from people seeing us from miles away, to pets randomly attacking us whilst we're prowling from over 20 yards away. I got the "Agro" message (and then actually chased and attacked) from a Hunter's Pet whilst prowling behind a pillar on the opposite side of Stonehearth Bunker last night. No Hunter's Mark, no Flare, no previous combat engagement with them (or the Hunter), or anyone else nearby. Just a random attack.
    Nice to see the same happening to druids for a change, so it's not just rogues.

I saw the thread title and laughed. It's good to see that blizzard has been pretty consistent with stealth/vanish having some oddity going on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalwarden View Post
    I saw the thread title and laughed. It's good to see that blizzard has been pretty consistent with stealth/vanish having some oddity going on with it.
    There's oddities, and then there's just blatantly broke; like having a pet randomly run towards you from inside the tower while you shadowmeld and prowl, yet it still runs towards you and breaks stealth.

Had the same issue on my rogue in many more occasions, I put a lot of bug complaints to blizzard but still no response as to it being acknowledged. One Big situation with me is I was in a Twin Peaks. LVL 90, I died from a warlock and being low hp. Rezed back up and then Steaths from the grave yard, then was instantly seen at max range by the warlock imps that were summoned out. They nucked me and with added help I died. but I was in a wtf moment as well. I think if the classes with pets are going to keep this up, then blizz needs to take some real long time to look into it and see why this happens every other big patch and keep a watchful eye every tuesday for it reappearing if they clame they fixed it.

I've been geting taken out of steath from 20+ yards away steath is really fucked up and im really close to reroll over it.

Turns out I did record being attacked be the Hunter I was talking about in my previous post. Sorry about the crappy quality of the video/boarders and whatnot, I used Windows Movie Maker as I reformatted my HDDs. :<

Things to note:
    • 8 seconds in: Pet's name-plate colour changes (showing agro, basically)
    • 11 seconds in: "High Threat" above the name plate of the pet.
    • 14 seconds in: as the Hunter walks past, even though I'm out of line of sight, the pet targets and hits me.
    • I had NOT been in combat with either the Hunter, the Pet, or anyone else (it was the start of AV, waiting for the rush of people to leave).
    • I was a level higher than the pet.

Feel free to post the video in the official forums, or anywhere it might get seen for more chance to be fixed.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-01-02 at 03:55 AM.

Turns out I did record being attacked be the Hunter I was talking about in my previous post.
    Not the best example of the many that happened while we were playing those characters, but it sums up how broken the AI is for pets and how shit Stealth actually is atm.

I just wish I'd frapsed the Lock's Shivarra chase me from SHB to the houses north of them until it despawned, Lock was afk (Went and knocked him out after, didn't respond to it) so it's not as if he caught a glimpse of me and set his pet on me. I'd actually understand this behaviour from the AI if pets/minions still had "Aggressive" as a "stance", there's just no reason why they should be going for players in stealth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    happens on my druid and mage as well when i use invis. the amount of times hunter pets keep following you after you vanish!
    Hunter's mark...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    Hunter's mark...
    Yeah, we're all retarded and unable to see an debuff on us and as rogues we don't have cloak of shadows to remove the hunters mark and hunters mark is also going to account for all the other issues even when there's no hunter remotely close. You're a hunter, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    Hunter's mark...
    Please see my video above before making silly remarks.

Noticed this all the time on my Druid... really really annoying...
    On the other hand, on my Hunter and Warlock I have also seen my pets go for people after they vanish and either their vanish is successful, they get attacked even in vanish or my pet follows them temporarily and then comes back.

This has been going on for ages and still hasn't been fixed properly. Doesn't happen all the time but, it's fairly common for such an annoying thing.
    Last edited by Runeweaver; 2013-01-02 at 05:13 PM.

Deleted
    The pet attacking after restealth/vanish issue has existed since the beginning of time.

Rogues are OP in pvp, they always have been, and now when you get knocked down just a touch, you complain. A class that stuns people and crits them to death without them being able to break free more than once or twice deserves a weakness like this.

It's been happening with Invisibility as well for mages. My pet and I will invis, but we won't get out of combat until 10 seconds in and mobs can still target my pet, effectively keeping me in combat. It's been getting really annoying when trying to do dailies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedrich View Post
    The pet attacking after restealth/vanish issue has existed since the beginning of time.
    Not like this, not. In the past if you stealthed/restealthed they simply ran after you and kept following you around and at times ignored a vanish for a very short time thus the 3 second immunity rogues got. Now those pets aggro even if you were in stealth from the very beginning and randomly attack people, they ignore TWO full vanishes and wont stop unless they despawn.
    Add to that that people are at times able to see an rogue/druid from max range and can charge at them/grip them the moment they come into range and the rework of stealth made the mechanik even more broken then it was to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortera View Post
    Rogues are OP in pvp, they always have been, and now when you get knocked down just a touch, you complain. A class that stuns people and crits them to death without them being able to break free more than once or twice deserves a weakness like this.
    How about no? You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortera View Post
    This doesn't only affect Rogues, it affects Druids as well.
    Unsure about Priests stealth, probably Priests as well as Mage invisibility. This has been going on since forever though not only MoP...
    Last edited by Runeweaver; 2013-01-02 at 05:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeweaver View Post
    This doesn't only affect Rogues, it affects Druids as well.
    Unsure about Priests stealth, probably Priests as well as Mage invisibility. This has been going on since forever though not only MoP...
    it happens to mage invisibilty as well.