Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    nope ;c

nice special
    http://worldoftanks.eu/news/6113-spe...sert-campaign/
    50% off stug 3 for me !
    I take it the discount is only on the purchase price and not the research price?

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    I take it the discount is only on the purchase price and not the research price?
    yes
    10chars

well i would trade EU special for this one ;p
    http://worldoftanks.com/news/2040-lisyanka-event/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Wow, great special, sadly we aren't getting anything like that on the NA server.
    Ahh... was checking US, EU, RUS specials every time and well.... us got better ones all the time. To get you the idea:

Rus: LOADS of stuff every special
    US: Medium stuff all the time, rarely c*** specials
    EU: Almost every special is piece of p**, hardly happens that we get a good one.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Fuck you world of tanks!!! stupid fucking match up, pitting a tier 4 against tier 9's...never going to damage them and not anywhere near fast enough to scout them safely.

Fuck you world of tanks!!! stupid fucking match up, pitting a tier 4 against tier 9's...never going to damage them and not anywhere near fast enough to scout them safely.
    *cough* passive scout *cough*

if you are tier 4 in t9 battle you are playing scout tank
    stop complaining and learn to play

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    *cough* passive scout *cough*

if you are tier 4 in t9 battle you are playing scout tank
    stop complaining and learn to play
    Got the tank last night...there is minimal upgrading done to it atm, even passive scouting isn't going to work on that one.
    They should have fixed that years ago...the tier mismatching is one of the serious detraction to the game.
    All the additional gear like coated optics cost 500k? or there abouts...even if you did want to sit and grind that you cant carry it over to another tank unless you pay for gold...like i've said before in the thread it's pay to win unless you have no life and want to grind all day every day for months.

Deleted
    Got the tank last night...there is minimal upgrading done to it atm, even passive scouting isn't going to work on that one.
    They should have fixed that years ago...the tier mismatching is one of the serious detraction to the game.
    All the additional gear like coated optics cost 500k? or there abouts...even if you did want to sit and grind that you cant carry it over to another tank unless you pay for gold...like i've said before in the thread it's pay to win unless you have no life and want to grind all day every day for months.
    I made almost a million this weekend playing my Churchill, PzIv and Tiger due to the special event. Really easy to grind gold with this kind of event. You can always grab a cheap gold tank to farm credits with and/or train a crew. Already have a crew with 1 skill nearly maxed just waiting for me to grab my T29 (which will take long enough for me to probably max at least another skill).

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    I made almost a million this weekend playing my Churchill, PzIv and Tiger due to the special event. Really easy to grind gold with this kind of event. You can always grab a cheap gold tank to farm credits with and/or train a crew. Already have a crew with 1 skill nearly maxed just waiting for me to grab my T29 (which will take long enough for me to probably max at least another skill).
    You can't grind gold, it's a cash purchase only...can farm research points and silver though...which i have been doing but it is limited to one win per day per tank.
    As for crew training you need to research everything in the tanks tree before that option comes up which can be a very long time particularly if you keep getting stupid mismatches...even if you win.

You can't grind gold, it's a cash purchase only...can farm research points and silver though...which i have been doing but it is limited to one win per day per tank.
    As for crew training you need to research everything in the tanks tree before that option comes up which can be a very long time particularly if you keep getting stupid mismatches...even if you win.
    You get experience and credits for every match you play, regardless if you win or lose it. I think you're confusing the x2(or higher) experience bonus you get once a day for your first win with that.

You also always level your crew even before the tank is elite status. All that does is allow you to start accelerated training, which just speeds up the training process slightly for the crew member it selects.

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    You get experience and credits for every match you play, regardless if you win or lose it. I think you're confusing the x2(or higher) experience bonus you get once a day for your first win with that.

You also always level your crew even before the tank is elite status. All that does is allow you to start accelerated training, which just speeds up the training process slightly for the crew member it selects.
    Ehh...facpalm.
    I know what you get for winning for the first match each day being double i know that on events that you get triple or more...i also know how to level crew skills, i was answering the comment that Grimord made that having the event somehow made it so much easier to farm for the whole day like he had a boost past the first match.
    The fact is that playing a scout may get you 200 to 500 research points and usually under 10k silver for a win(with no kills)...a loss you'll get sub 100 research and 2 to 5k credits unless you kill something which will never happen if you are in a t4 tank against t9.

Did you even read what you quoted btw?...cause it says right there that you only get it on the first win one each tank per day...and you're trying to tell me i'm confused?

As for crew skill you can indeed level it to about 75% ish in the t4 to t5 area of tanks thats assuming that you are going to use the tank you have or are traveling through to get a specific tank in the tiers ahead

Ehh...facpalm.
    I know what you get for winning for the first match each day being double i know that on events that you get triple or more...i also know how to level crew skills, i was answering the comment that Grimord made that having the event somehow made it so much easier to farm for the whole day like he had a boost past the first match.
    The fact is that playing a scout may get you 200 to 500 research points and usually under 10k silver for a win(with no kills)...a loss you'll get sub 100 research and 2 to 5k credits unless you kill something which will never happen if you are in a t4 tank against t9.
    Um you're not supposed to be killing tanks in tier 9 matches as a tier 4 scout. I get tossed in them all the time in my T-50, T-50-2, ELC and all I do is passive scout. Meaning I find a bush and spot stuff for the tanks that do dmg. You'll actually get a decent amount of credits and XP for a getting a few thousand damage on detection. Which shouldn't be that hard given it's tier 8/9 matches. Well here's an example of what a you can get scouting in tier 8/9 matches with no kills. Here's me compared to the rest of the team.

Did you even read what you quoted btw?...cause it says right there that you only get it on the first win one each tank per day...and you're trying to tell me i'm confused?
    Of course I read what you posted. I'm not seeing how I've mistaken what you've typed. You said;"can farm research points and silver though...which i have been doing but it is limited to one win per day per tank." which to me came across as you claiming you only get credits and xp for the first win you get everyday in X tank. Sorry if I misinterpreted what you were saying.
    As for crew skill you can indeed level it to about 75% ish in the t4 to t5 area of tanks thats assuming that you are going to use the tank you have or are traveling through to get a specific tank in the tiers ahead
    Well you could always purchase the crew starting at 75% for 20k a pop. Then when you get done with that tank just retrain them for the next tank and carry on.

Um you're not supposed to be killing tanks in tier 9 matches as a tier 4 scout. I get tossed in them all the time in my T-50, T-50-2, ELC and all I do is passive scout. Meaning I find a bush and spot stuff for the tanks that do dmg. You'll actually get a decent amount of credits and XP for a getting a few thousand damage on detection. Which shouldn't be that hard given it's tier 8/9 matches. [URL="http://i.imgur.com/69PbQID.jpg"]Well here's an example of what a you can get scouting in tier 8/9 matches with no kills.
    Again read what i say properly...i went through the amounts of credits and research points passive scouting/doing nothing win or loose, i only mentioned killing stuff as that is the only way to increase your gains in matches over and above a win or loss

Of course I read what you posted. I'm not seeing how I've mistaken what you've typed. You said;"can farm research points and silver though...which i have been doing but it is limited to one win per day per tank." which to me came across as you claiming you only get credits and xp for the first win you get everyday in X tank. Sorry if I misinterpreted what you were saying.
    Then you obviously missed the context then as it was in answer to Grinord's comment about the events and farming them.

Well you could always purchase the crew starting at 75% for 20k a pop. Then when you get done with that tank just retrain them for the next tank and carry on.
    Again why bother if you are only passing through the tree to get what you want?
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2013-02-18 at 10:10 PM.

Deleted
    I didn't mean gold, sorry, I meant credits. Treating gold as currency is the habit of a WoW player.

The point is: Due to this weekend's EU event we had 70% extra credits off a bunch of tanks so I just played a bunch on those to farm, and that was what I was pointing out.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you play a scout tank just follow your heavy tanks and spot for them (tier 4).
    A) you extend their wiev range
    B) you get a lot of hp for spoting
    C) you can hide behind them

If you go far away and spot in the middle of nothing you only help your arty......but not your heavy tanks.
    Trust me. Its much better xp if you spot like that and you can even do some damage and anoy other tanks. They ignore you 99% of time. (if they turn the cannon against you they expose the weaker side armor on it... usualy its 80mm on most of tanks and easy pent)

Deleted
    for a scout to get higher level it's best to team up with a good td'er i've boosted my guildie from tier 5 scout (french crap) to tier 7 he's nearing T8 now only thing we did was me and him queueing back to back (my in ISU152 bl10) he got close to the same amount of xp i got every match (him being around 800xp / match) sometimes he got lower but french scout with no engine upgrade = sob sob sob

10+ Year Old Account
    Here something for laugh:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.p...alry-died-out/

I also remade it into comic version:

Deleted
    Folks, I've been playing French arty since my first WoT day and I was curious about other countries' arty so... What would you suggest?

I'm really looking at German arty since I've seen them pull out some epic damage (saw a GwPanther two-shotting an E-75 today, for instance), but I'm open to all options. What would you suggest?

German top arty is too big and too slow, if you're aiming at top-tier, I'd suggest any other country, tbh.
    just bear in mind that Soviet Object 261 has lowest HE damage, but is the most precise(good for using ammo-penetrating shots), and is pretty quick and maneuvarable once topped.

Deleted
    Top tier is relevant but since arties are such long grinds I'd rather have them be smooth, even if the top isn't great I can just stop at any of the stages. For instance, I'm not sure I'll get the Bat Chat and probably just stick with the tier 7 one.