Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    So I should just stick with L48 until I can grab the L70 (and then the 88)?

I had already researched the Konisch before I read your post .

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    So I should just stick with L48 until I can grab the L70 (and then the 88)?

I had already researched the Konisch before I read your post .
    yes, i went for guns 1st on my vk36 and i could not even use them because i was too slow ...
    engine>tracks(iirc you dont need tracks to get 1st engine and maybe even 2nd)>turret>guns

russian drivers pls help
    is7 vs is4 branch ^^?
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-01-25 at 04:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    yes, i went for guns 1st on my vk36 and i could not even use them because i was too slow ...
    engine>tracks(iirc you dont need tracks to get 1st engine and maybe even 2nd)>turret>guns
    Even considering I already have the Konisch (stat wise it seems a bit superior to the L48, albeit with a slower rate of fire, hence my question)?

Even considering I already have the Konisch (stat wise it seems a bit superior to the L48, albeit with a slower rate of fire, hence my question)?
    Konisch is a horrible gun unless you are willing to use gold shells
    compared to l48
    slower rate of fire
    lower dmg per shot
    slightly better accuracy
    higher aim time
    better pen which helps but dont matter that much as good positioning and aiming for weak spots (also if you get engine before l70/88 you can offset lower pen by flanking)
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-01-25 at 04:47 PM.

Deleted
    I see . Thanks! Almost got the first engine and already grabbed suspension. Can't help with your Russian question though, hopefully one of the vets will :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have bouth is-7 and is-4.

Is-4 is more for a random games while is-7 is for clan wars. You pretty much stock it with gold ammo (because of higher alfa and speed of a tank).

IS-4 = True heavy
    IS-7 = Heavy-medium hybrid
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I have played the game, awesome.

Deleted
    Folks, can anyone explain what the deal is with the second VK36 turret?

The tank only has the stock turret and the one you can (and have to) research. Let's call'em stocky and searchy.

Stocky's (VK3601H-StT) turning speed is 42 deg/sec and searchy's (VK3601H-GroßTurm) only 26 deg/sec.

Both have 100/80/80 armor and 370m View Range.

Also, stocky weighs 3800 Kg whilst searchy weighs 4600 Kg. Why on earth is the searchy so much worse than stocky? Am I missing something again?
    Last edited by mmoc31ca91b23a; 2013-01-26 at 07:27 AM.

The VK3601H's second turret gives you more health, the mantlet is more bouncy and, of course, allows you to mount the 88.

Deleted
    So I suppose it's only worth mounting the Großturm once I've researched the 88?

10+ Year Old Account
    So I suppose it's only worth mounting the Großturm once I've researched the 88?
    Pretty much. Kind of annoying, isn't it?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Pretty much. Kind of annoying, isn't it?
    Yea, a bit :/. Still, fun to see them KV-1S folks raging because a medium solo'd them, so my love for the VK remains (really, the Tiger's suspension weakspot is bad, but how come people don't bitch about KV's? Just flank a little, hit the suspension in the mid section and they'll light up like a christmas tree).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, a bit :/. Still, fun to see them KV-1S folks raging because a medium solo'd them, so my love for the VK remains (really, the Tiger's suspension weakspot is bad, but how come people don't bitch about KV's? Just flank a little, hit the suspension in the mid section and they'll light up like a christmas tree).
    Derping on the Hetzer was always a great way to incite rage. Just roll right the fuck up to anyone equal tier and watch them bounce off your front while you hit them for 300 and kill half their crew with each shot.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

because russians tanks are running diesel so fire chance is lower (15%) compared to german tanks
    and well its KV fault to expose side while you cant do shit about front transmission in tiger

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 01:29 PM ----------

@Hastings95&Descense
    Thanks!
    but
    could you tell me a bit more about each branch as a whole please ^^? (starting at t7)
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-01-26 at 12:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    IS--- its ok tank, good gun, good speed not so much armored but stil good enogh
    http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/IS

IS-3 --- stock guns suck, but once you get a IX gun you can do some serios damage...oh and btw, you cant angle armor on this tank because front is already angled

http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/IS-3

IS-8 --- is more like a medium tank, this tank has almost no armor but last gun (wich is a painfull grid changes everything)

http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/IS-8

:IS-7 (end line)

KV-3 very well armored heavy tank with strong gun (its slow btw). The downside is that this tank has a high chance to catch a fire.

http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/KV-3

KV-4 this tank has a weak gun at start and i recomend you just ram the enemys (it weights a lot) 175 pent is patetic on this tier..... once you get 107 mm ZiS-24 its better. I recomend you just use gold ammo shells on it. Its smiliar playstyle like kv-5 (long range sniper / rammer in close combat)

http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/KV-4

ST-I is just a little worser version of a is-4 your driver will die a lot i can tell you this. You have a good armor but not good enogh if you face tier 8 tds like ISU-152 with BL 10. This tank is more like a tank is wow. It holds away the mobs (noobs) while your friendlys (dps) help too kill them. It can easy be killed with a tier 9 mendium if he circles you too death.

http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/ST-I

:IS-4 (end line)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Ah, so I suppose when I'm playing my IS-3 I shouldn't be angling my armour then..........Too used to doing that from playing German tanks all the time.

Though it is fine in some situations, right?
    Only if you see the enemy aiming at your lower plate:

@Descense
    thanks, seems like im going IS7 branch ^^

@Hastings95
    i guess in CQC vs tanks with high gun depresion if you are really afraid of lower plate penetration
    but general rule of thumb: do not angle IS 3/8/7 as it lowers front armor effectiveness

and i have same habbit im angling all tanks because german three was my first ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    best tank is the t29 imo... hull down i eat your friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Only if you see the enemy aiming at your lower plate:

Nice toaster you're playing on. Game looks like absolute shit.

Infracted
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-01-27 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    Nice toaster you're playing on. Game looks like absolute shit.
    good troll, 2/10

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 12:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Also, how effective is angling on American tanks, they don't have as much of a sloped front as the German tanks, but it may help, yes?
    yeah it should help a bit but ideally you want to keep everything but turret in cover
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-01-26 at 11:18 PM.