Deleted

sandstorms in tanaris

so been sat in tanaris now for 2 days waiting on a sandstorm for the silithid hatchling, anyone got any info on these sandstorm as im losing the will to live ?

sent a ticket to see if all was working as intended ofc got back a auto response that they cant give game hints bloody useless blizz simple yes no would of been better then that response.....

It is working but they are extremely random. I suggest you plop an alt there if you have one and just log in every now and then.

After a couple of days like that I stumbled on z sandstorm at around 11.30pm.

Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I suggest plopping an alt or two there, with the 2nd one on a different battlegroup to that of the first. Checked both alts and struck lucky with one. Did the same thing for Minfernal, now to wait for Summer -.-
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2012-12-31 at 05:01 PM.

i kept an alt parked in tanaris for almost a week and a half, hopped over to it maybe 3 or 4 times a day before and after i got the stuff done that i wanted to on my main. last night decided to keep it logged in while i was watching a movie in the living room and just happened to glance over and saw a sandstorm rockin something fierce. happened around 9:30-10:00pm central time, don't know if that means anything, but well...it's the only time i had ever seen one happening.

Deleted
    i got lucky with the minifernal i was only there like 1 hour but this one is taking the piss a tad lol

Quote Originally Posted by wisperintree View Post
    i got lucky with the minifernal i was only there like 1 hour but this one is taking the piss a tad lol
    Well, the game is just getting back at you for getting the Minifernal so quickly. All the time you should have spent on that got added to the time it's gonna take you to get a Silithid ;p

J/k, it's just randomness gettin' you.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd throw more than 1 alt out there, I had characters on 2 servers for that spawn and 3 servers for minfernal (still waiting).

edit- having gotten one since the change went through, they spawn like CRAZY when the sandstorm does start so you should get plenty of spawns and a much appreciated rare without too much worry.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Deleted
    3rd day now 2 chars diferent battle groups sat in tanaris still aint seen a single sandstorm .../yawn

It's a pain, those weather-dependent pets. I sat in Storm Peaks for two weeks, checking every time I was available for a couple seconds, and finally saw a snow storm. I gather that I was exceptionally unlucky and logged off right before one happened on multiple occasions.

Fingers crossed that it doesn't take that long for you.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GotMoxie View Post
    It's a pain, those weather-dependent pets. I sat in Storm Peaks for two weeks, checking every time I was available for a couple seconds, and finally saw a snow storm. I gather that I was exceptionally unlucky and logged off right before one happened on multiple occasions.

Fingers crossed that it doesn't take that long for you.

which pet needs a snow storm up to spawn there?

Quote Originally Posted by wisperintree View Post
    which pet needs a snow storm up to spawn there?
    Artic fox kit. Couple folks have said that they caught one when it wasn't snowing, which must have been at the very start / tail end of a storm.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gosh I am glad I am through with all of this. Only thing missing now for me is the AQ pet, which of course spawns only in the summer. Last one I needed was the wanderer's festival hatchling, and that I got last sunday.

Here is how I managed to get all the specials...
    I used alts from 4 different realms. I have to say, I have never felt so happy that I was just too lazy all the time to delete some of them. They came incredibly handy.
    With the exception of the Minfernal I did not place them all in the same spot. For the minfernal I had them all there. 4 alts, 4 different CRZ's (gotta make sure that you clearly are in different zones - check with the battlegroup / server farm list).
    I found it extremely helpful to have at least one alt that resides on a low pop pve realm. The CRZ for these alts are as empty as the realms themselves. These alts got the most special pets. If you don't have such.. Roll a DK.. Level it through the starter quests, and do a little gathering. Make enough gold to learn flying and get a mount. Then you are good to go for most of the entire world up to WotLK. 3 - 4 hours max and you should be good to go.

The sandstorm pets were a pain in the ass, since they were bugged during 5.0.5. They didn't spawn. That was fixed with 5.1. So there was a lot of camping for nothing until then.
    The sandstorms, although random, spawn pretty frequently.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-01-01 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    maybe im missing a trick here then cause i aint seen 1 sandstorm in 3 days now ?

the wind picks up a little bit but thats it got all my settings on ultra as well
    Last edited by mmoc4d7ca67e33; 2013-01-01 at 04:26 PM.