Need help getting a gaming PC built in the US.

My nephew lives in California and just emailed me about PC gaming(he wants to play games like Skyrim) on his 2 year old MacBook pro. He said he bought Windows 8 and wanted to know if that's all he needs. What he needs is for me to build him a gaming PC but, I live in Ireland. And, his dad has no notion of building one for him.
    I can spec a PC out for him no bother but, is there anywhere in the US that will put it together for him?
    Does the likes of New Egg do this?

There's a couple of online retailers that will build you a PC from a list of pre-selected parts. These 2 are the cheapest, with decent quality from my experiences. Just make sure that you choose quality parts from the list they provide. Some people make the mistake of getting a no-name power supply only to have it fail soon after or not be able to adequately power their PC. Cyberpowerpc is out of California, so he might save on shipping with them.

www.cyberpowerpc.com
    www.ibuypower.com

You can get the parts from NewEgg, but they won't put it together for you.

Just please don't spend money on an Alienware or any of those brand names that charge $2K+ for something that you could build for 1/2 or 1/3 they charge.

If he lives near Orange county California Microcenter does building also for a little extra plus he could pick all the parts off the shelf and get a pretty big discount on mobo/cpu combo. He could take the specs in you specced for him and have someone walk through grabbing them off the shelf. Or theres many online retailers like people have noted above that do custom prebuilts.

Microcenter
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    If he lives near Orange county California Microcenter does building also for a little extra plus he could pick all the parts off the shelf and get a pretty big discount on mobo/cpu combo. He could take the specs in you specced for him and have someone walk through grabbing them off the shelf. Or theres many online retailers like people have noted above that do custom prebuilts.

Microcenter
    Thank's he lives in San Diego. This could be the way to go.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 10:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by theoffice View Post
    Just please don't spend money on an Alienware or any of those brand names that charge K+ for something that you could build for 1/2 or 1/3 they charge.
    This is what I'm afraid his dad will do. Buy some crap of the shelf in the like of Best buy.