Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

1.6.3 Patch Notes

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.6.3/1232013

OMFG THE Czerka CR-17 Incendia LOOKS AMAZING. Go in game and preview it now! Though it cost like $20, that's too much.

The patch added several new outfits and the mount on the Cartel Market.

It also removed the terrible Life Day items.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2013-01-23 at 06:21 PM.

lower knock down chance than speeder 3. That will be interesting in world pvp.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

So the Preferred Access Bundle is actually 1620 CC (unless I'm failing at math) when not on sale. Newcomer bundle seems new too.

Newcomer bundle apparently includes:

Quick Travel Pass
    Czerka Cruiser Speeder
    5 Minor XP Boosts
    Legacy Perk- Improved Speeder Piloting I

I think both are pretty good deals for their current price, but I know I wouldn't be too interested with them at their non-sale price.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post

I think both are pretty good deals for their current price, but I know I wouldn't be too interested with them at their non-sale price.
    Agree. The sale price should be standard. Preferred Bundle + Preffered Status you would get for buying would make up for a quite a good experience till level 50 so for new players, this is a good deal right IMO

Can the new mount be sold on the AH?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasarious View Post
    Can the new mount be sold on the AH?
    Yes /10char
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta say, I am not digging the speeder or the 2 new outfits. I hope they are able to put a little more thought and effort into actual unique custom equipment, something that makes me go, "dude I gotta get that".

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I gotta say, I am not digging the speeder or the 2 new outfits. I hope they are able to put a little more thought and effort into actual unique custom equipment, something that makes me go, "dude I gotta get that".
    TaunTaun mount... I am an awful person but if they added that I would definitely go "TAKE MY MONEIS!"... /hides in a corner in shame

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    TaunTaun mount... I am an awful person but if they added that I would definitely go "TAKE MY MONEIS!"... /hides in a corner in shame
    You should be ashamed of yourself. Bad Arlee.

Now a Zombie Taun Taun Mount and I think we're in business. In fact, Rakghoul invasion Pt2 should have them riding in on Zombie Taun Tauns.

I agree though Acorn. As much as people keep defending them, they are putting little to no effort into making this game. I would love to argue that doing reskins for the cash shop is a great idea so they can focus on content, but they haven't really shown that they are focusing on anything. The details of the mini patch labeled an expansion have been pretty ho hum and incomplete.

I'd say this was normal if it was going to launch in 1-2 years as a real expansion...but this is something they are desperately trying to get preorders for now.

So at best this just seems really lame.
    BAD WOLF

I love the mount but for nearly $18 and it doesn't seem to be account wide, there is just no way I would spend money on it.

The rest is pretty blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I would love to argue that doing reskins for the cash shop is a great idea so they can focus on content, but they haven't really shown that they are focusing on anything.

So at best this just seems really lame.
    Yep. And they will run into the problem that, if you don't focus on adding things to do, you won't have anyone online to sell your fluff too.

I really wish I could be a fly on the wall of bioware austin just so I could see HOW this is happening because I can't help but feel that most of the people there KNOW that something is wrong and that something like this is happening:
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel pretty bad for the people left there because it seems they've sacrificed their souls in order to keep their career. I would be in pretty much the same position. I just can't fathom any game developer that actually thinks they are doing anyone a service. I would be drinking a whole lot and playing lots of other MMO's in my offtime if I worked there.

I don't care who is left there, there is no way the majority of them feel completely great about their jobs. It's probably one of the reasons why they are so terrible at communication and PR. I'm starting to believe a lot more of what was told by EALouse back in the day. I think this ship went wrong a looong time ago and everyone knew it but kept plowing through with fake smiles on their faces.

I wonder what the game they envisioned really looked like. I guess it probably was amazing. Too bad we live in this reality.
    BAD WOLF

Didn't they have a thing about how they didn't want to put animal mounts in the game? I seem to remember that...

But I'd totally be down to ride a tauntaun, but only if instead of hiding in the corner, you get to hide in its guts (unless I'm thinking of another Star Wars animal, it's morning and my coffee hasn't kicked in yet).

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they have a thing about how they didn't want to put animal mounts in the game? I seem to remember that...

But I'd totally be down to ride a tauntaun, but only if instead of hiding in the corner, you get to hide in its guts (unless I'm thinking of another Star Wars animal, it's morning and my coffee hasn't kicked in yet).
    You are correct. Arlee loves talking about Taun Taun guts.
    BAD WOLF

Well they said they didn't want to make it like every other game with animal mounts and that if they did it they wanted to make it special and stuff. So I guess that would be them letting me down easy... except I didn't realize it ><

Well they said they didn't want to make it like every other game with animal mounts and that if they did it they wanted to make it special and stuff. So I guess that would be them letting me down easy... except I didn't realize it ><
    How to make it special: You cut open the tauntaun and ride inside of it, as it's really force-infused tauntaun that can defy death.

UNIQUE AND SPECIAL AND STUFF!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I feel pretty bad for the people left there because it seems they've sacrificed their souls in order to keep their career. I would be in pretty much the same position. I just can't fathom any game developer that actually thinks they are doing anyone a service. I would be drinking a whole lot and playing lots of other MMO's in my offtime if I worked there.

I don't care who is left there, there is no way the majority of them feel completely great about their jobs. It's probably one of the reasons why they are so terrible at communication and PR. I'm starting to believe a lot more of what was told by EALouse back in the day. I think this ship went wrong a looong time ago and everyone knew it but kept plowing through with fake smiles on their faces.

I wonder what the game they envisioned really looked like. I guess it probably was amazing. Too bad we live in this reality.
    This totally reminds me of EALouse. I remember everyone laughing, mocking and insulting him for his comments too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerion View Post
    This totally reminds me of EALouse. I remember everyone laughing, mocking and insulting him for his comments too.
    Don't remind me. I was one of the ones laughing and mocking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Don't remind me. I was one of the ones laughing and mocking.
    Even I thought it was just a crazy, disgruntled employee. In hindsight, it really does appear to be shockingly accurate. As much as I rail on this game now for being subpar in my eyes, it really does go back to whatever is going on beyond those doors. Most people in that industry have some passion and desire to do things for their own means...to please their audience...I really do feel bad that they are forced to do this.

Seeing PR communciations from this group now and comparing them to other F2P companies, they really do seem to be masking a growing dissatisfaction with continuing to promote this game.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account

I remember at the Guild Summit that Daniel Erickson REALLY wanted a Tauntaun mount and the response was a definitive "maybe" from Damion et al.