Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is anyone else feeling 'strongly pressured' to do LFR?

*I'm using the phrase 'strongly pressured' instead of 'forced' because people get butthurt about it.

First off, I honestly have no problem with LFR. I think that allowing people to experience the content in an easier, more casual setting is a great idea. I don't really care that people can get epic gear in an easier environment.

However I straight up refuse to do it. I did Dragon Soul LFR about 3ish times back in Cata and it was an absolute mess. Griefers, trolls, HORRID players, and excessive loot drama made me hate it. It also killed the feel of normal mode Dragon Soul and made killing the bosses there less fun. After that I refuse to run LFR on any of my characters.

Unfortunately I've found that this doesn't go over well with other people. I get yelled at and am 'pressured' to do LFR, for the valor and gear (since the gear that drops is better than 5-man gear). It even got to the point where my guild refuses to let me raid with them unless I do LFR.

I absolutely hate the experience and feel of LFR and refuse to do it, but I feel 'strongly pressured' to run LFR for the valor and the gear that drops. Anyone else feel the same way? And if you do feel the same, what would you do to fix it?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If your a somewhat serious raider, then yes doing LFR is a requirement.

And i absolutly hate doing it on my main. (Glad i dont havta run it anymore)
    Yet I enjoy doing it on my Ally alt as its the only raiding that toon does.

Not much you can do to fix it. Thats just how raiders roll.
    You can either find a less serious group or just suck it up and do it.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post

Yet Tier 14 can be done with heroic Blues and my Priest's ilvl is at 481.

If I was to change LFR I would change the loot drops to have the same ilvl as heroic 5-man blues.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    I have run the current tier of LFR (MSV,HoF and Terrace) a total of once, completely through.

I feel no need to run them, as I am fine with it taking a while before I get the Legendary drops, I am likewise fine with only having to deal with the headache of raiding once a week (3 days). I have no desire to deal with inept slimes or monsterously over-confident stooges.

Thus, I abstain from LFR, happily.

And, to the first reply; LFR is unnecessary for completing the raids. You can do MSV in blues, and if your not at least partially converted to raid ilvl gear by the time you do your first heroics - you have very poor luck. Luckily the rest of your raid can probably either tow you along or they are at least around your level of play thanks to gear at that happy moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is MoP is not anywhere near as drama ridden as LFR from Cata. The primary reason for this is due to the altered loot system. There are no more rolls, taking items just to trade them, etc. It's entirely your own RNG as far as whether you get loot.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    *I'm using the phrase 'strongly pressured' instead of 'forced' because people get butthurt about it.

First off, I honestly have no problem with LFR. I think that allowing people to experience the content in an easier, more casual setting is a great idea. I don't really care that people can get epic gear in an easier environment.

However I straight up refuse to do it. I did Dragon Soul LFR about 3ish times back in Cata and it was an absolute mess. Griefers, trolls, HORRID players, and excessive loot drama made me hate it. It also killed the feel of normal mode Dragon Soul and made killing the bosses there less fun. After that I refuse to run LFR on any of my characters.

Unfortunately I've found that this doesn't go over well with other people. I get yelled at and am 'pressured' to do LFR, for the valor and gear (since the gear that drops is better than 5-man gear). It even got to the point where my guild refuses to let me raid with them unless I do LFR.

I absolutely hate the experience and feel of LFR and refuse to do it, but I feel 'strongly pressured' to run LFR for the valor and the gear that drops. Anyone else feel the same way? And if you do feel the same, what would you do to fix it?
    Well if you are raiding, then you'll have to get better gear for it = more work = doing LFR. It is just how it is.

The valor can be easily gained through doing your first random dungeon + scenario every day, IMO much faster than LFR once you have all the gear upgrades you need.
    The new loot system only creates people who whine about gold. You'll usually get groups that know the fights (barely) by this time into the expansion, so I wouldn't worry about big problems if you do decide to do it.

I don't really feel that I have to do LFR, I dont infact, but I did during the start obviously because of raiding. You can always AFK through it if you seriously hate it but must do it. (which you dont)
    Last edited by icecruiser; 2012-12-31 at 06:00 PM.

Nope. Nice part about being a casual player in a casual game and belonging to a casual guild is getting to enjoy my game and play it my way. I am working on my Loremaster title and have no plans to start raiding until after I have completed everything else I want to do first. I figure, by the time I get around to raiding, I should be able to solo everything before MoP and slam dunk everything in MoP since Loremaster will help me along with my Honored VP gear

I feel bad for people who are hardcore raiders and PvPers. This game will never live up to your expectations

No. LFR is fine. And what I don't like is people who think a useful feature is being forced upon them. LFR is not forced upon you. Do HC's, buy/craft epics, earn VP through dungeons/dailies & please stop saying something is forced when for most it is a preferential route.

-Grim

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim32 View Post
    No. LFR is fine. And what I don't like is people who think a useful feature is being forced upon them. LFR is not forced upon you. Do HC's, buy/craft epics, earn VP through dungeons/dailies & please stop saying something is forced when for most it is a preferential route.

-Grim
    Did you even read my post, or did you just see the thread title and post this?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

tbh its not a requirement we have one or two raiders on the team who don't like it and gear up through heroics, reps (JP/VP) pvp conq weps and crafting gear,

Yea it makes life a hell of a lot easier and I use it each week myself (I dont raid), if you want to raid, but yea it isn't essential,

Generally I find LFR a hell of a lot quicker as well in mop v cata, I've only ever had one wipe in there, and that was on the spiritmender bender what ever that troll in msv first wing is called, I log onto my priest either a tuesday night, or weekend, and I do all 5 areas in one go no problem, the place is cleared in under 4 hours, okay yea DS LFR took between 45-1h15m but it was a drag, and if people left on ultra, then youd be in the que for 30 odd minutes waiting to get 2 healers and what not, it just feel quicker, its more enjoyable, and I think thats to do with the fact theres more than one raid, if LFR came out with cata launch so we got all the raids included, then I think there wouldn't be as much hate, still would be over loot,, but a little less

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding teams have gotten used to pulling every trick in the book to get ahead in rankings.

Blizzard doesn't formally acknowledge this unless you are the top 5 guilds and are racing for world first positions.

To be honest I'd rather have more options than less. And LFR is an option. But Raiding teams pride efficiency and power, if you want to keep your standing you have to either find a way to keep up with your current fellows or downgrade your play style. Many are loathe to do so and get angry and blame the climb/randomly generated item grind Blizzard has put before them.

I'm sorry but if you feel pressured to do so, you are simply going to have to change how you approach the game to feel comfortable again.
    The pressure is a 'socially enforced' aspect of the game, and Blizzard should NOT be policing such things, nor should be blamed.

I'm in your shoes. I'm having to do LFR because a weapon simply refuses to drop for me. In either of my specs. On any difficulty. It's infuriating. But I want it enough to keep going.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2012-12-31 at 06:07 PM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

If you're in a raiding guild, you're expected to gear up quickly.

If you want to progress your character quickly, LFR is mandatory.

It's just like dailies that lead to valor gear. Technically, they're optional... but if you actually want to spend raid currency on raid gear (other than upgrades), you have to do them. Since everything is RNG based, you cannot always rely on the normal raids for gear, and every little bit helps.

So yes, people are always pressured into doing LFR. That's just how the game is setup to work. If you don't do it, you're hurting yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post

Not much you can do to fix it. Thats just how raiders roll.
    You can either find a less serious group or just suck it up and do it.
    Serious raider here that has only run the LFRs once on my tank to see the basics a day early since we raid on Wed nights. My alts run it weekly since they see no normal action and I cannot stand the heroics. We have cleared all the raid content including hardmodes and heroics while current save for a few bosses like H rags and H LK. I do not feel strongly pressured by my raid leader at all or any of my guild mates either. We also have half the server normal firsts with out the VP or LFR gear.

I don't really feel pressured to do it (at least, not on my main). I DO do it, but because I want to. Most of the gear I've gotten out of it on my main has just gotten vendored. It's nice for the alts, since it's pretty much all the raiding that they get to do, but once again, it's still a want, as opposed to a need, to run it.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is an easy way to contribute to me capping my valor for the week. For my alt, it's a welcome source of sha crystal and perhaps a piece of gear here and there.

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW isn't a compulsion for me. I like playing and I get enjoyment out of it. LFR is cool too. I have 4 90s, but don't feel compelled to do LFR on all of them. I have long lost the desire to supplant my sanity with gear hunger.

So, in the end, no. I don't feel pressured. I play at the pace that allows me to retain peace of mind.

Deleted
    LFR has become a trivial joke - you can turn up and do anything you like, including not doing anything at all, or dying and going AFK. You don't need to know any tactics at all, nothing will kill you quickly. It's not even close to "Raiding", it's just some faceroll tank and spank under the fancy pretext of a "Raid". Go there if you need the loot for an alt, otherwise forget about it.

Whoever feels pressured by anything in the game, should really think about his mindset and priorities. Yes, it sounds corny, but you'd be shocked how true it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a new guild. they sound like [snip].

Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-12-31 at 07:55 PM.

So instead of blaming your guild for not running LFR with you making it completely painless you choose to blame LFR just for its existence.