Deleted

Hidden lore tidbits

As most of you probably know, not everything in Warcraft lore is displayed in-game, for us to interact with. I found a few locations, such as Hasic, Westridge and Nendis, that are missing from the world.

I was wondering, do you guys/gals have any more of those interesting 'gems' to share?

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of areas we can not yet see in WoW, I always have called attention to two: Northeron and Greenwood.

Blizzard already revealed where is Northeron, or rather where it was, since the Cataclysm wiped out it (what a coincidence...).

Regarding Greenwood is speculated that can be the current enclosed area known as Northern Lordaeron, being the last bastion of the High Elves of the Alliance and the possible hiding of Queen Calia in exile.

And as for the areas you mention, Hasic would be located to the east, between the Hinterlands and the Plaguelands (here). And Nendis would be at the unexplored area east of Moonglade (here).

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 07:58 PM ----------

Oh I forgot to mention the territory (peninsula?) of Zul'Aman, yes, you read it correctly, Zul'Aman is not only an instance, theoretically is a huge area! But Amonra knows about it more than me.

Deleted
    Inb4 Blizzard responds that those magically disappeared after the Cataclysm happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made a short lists of areas that are not yet present in WoW, at least those I could remember.

I considered just lost areas in Azeroth, and not on other planets or on the Twisting Nether (eg in Outland there are many areas that are not yet in the game as Brokenrock Mountains or the Bone Wastes).

Also, I've divided the list into three sublists: the huge areas that are not yet accessible, the small subzones or small places of interest that are missing in WoW and finally, those areas that are accessible but are empty, without content for now.

List of huge areas not yet available in WoW:
    • Hasic/Lordaeron Harbor + Tyr's Bay (the "Neutral Port" zone in the cataclysm alpha, last vestige of the Kingdom of Lordaeron)
    • Nendis area + the port of Tethis + Hajiri (the new eastern Darkshore as the current Darkshore might be called "The Fractured Coast")
    • Greenwood/Northern Lordaeron (Hearthglen Woods, Blackened Woods, the last bastion of the High Elves of the silver unicorn)
    • Zul'Aman area/Tor'Watha (the Amani Empire, Greenrush River, Lake Abassi, Maisara Hills, The Shrine of Ula-tek)
    • Balor (under Stormwind sovereignty)
    • Kul Tiras (Boralus, Drisburg, etc.) + Crestfall
    • The rest of Kezan and the Undermine
    • Tel Abim + Ogrezonia + Monsoon Island (populated by ogres)
    • Island of Dr Lapidis + Gillijims Isle
    • Forbidden Moorlands/East of Burning Steppes zone (household of ogres)
    • Zandalar (the Zandalari Empire)
    • Hiji/Plunder Isle (Bloodsail Hold, source of pirates and buccaneers)
    • Zul'Dare Archipelago/Channel Islands (under Gilneas sovereignty)
    • Northern Islands (where the Strand of the Ancients BG is located)
    • Broken Isles (Suramar ruins (Ga'han, Galhara) + Tomb of Sargeras + Darkspear islands + etc.)
    • The Eye (Nazjatar + Mak'aru + The Rift + etc.)
    • The Barrow Deeps (the underground core of the uncorrupted furbolgs, Druid of the Claw's lair, Illidan's prison, dark trolls)
    • Emerald Dream (Eye of Ysera, Rift of Aln, The Nightmare, Ysera's Dreamways, Emerald Paradise, etc.)
    • The complete Old Kingdom of Azjol-Nerub (Doorward, Everfrost, Sundered Monolith, Inner Kingdom, Upper Kingdom, Shadow Web Caverns, etc.)
    • Lower Karazhan + Deadwind Pass Crypt
    • Environs of The Maelstrom (Dragon Isles, Ominous island)

Lost subzones or missing small places of interest in WoW:
    • Durotar lost zones (Beast Den, Bladescar Highlands)
    • The Barrens lost zones (Circle of Dust)
    • Burning Steppes lost zones (Crystalline Cave)
    • Silverpine Forest lost zones (Deadhollow, Gaval Moch, River Arevass)
    • Dustwallow Marsh lost zones (The Den of the Lost, Magistrates Temple, Tomb of the Ancients)
    • Ashenvale lost zones (Goldcrease Mine, Grove of Cenarius)
    • Tanaris lost zones (Northrock)
    • Stonetalon Mountains lost zones (Redrock Mesa)
    • Stranglethorn Vale lost zones (Ulmat Thondr)
    • Elwynn Forest lost zones (Westridge)
    • Gilneas Peninsula lost zones (The Low Gilneas, The High Gilneas)
    • Hall of Thanes (subzone of Ironforge)
    • Stormwind Vault Prison (Stormwind instance)
    • Alterac Mountains lost zones (Barony Mordis)
    • Swamp of Sorrows lost zones (Kyross)
    • Orgrimmar Tunnels (Orgrimmar subzone)
    • Howling Fjord lost zones (Frozen Coast)
    • Crystalsong Forest lost zones (The Chamber)
    • Demonsbane Inn and Tavern (Theramore)
    • Dragonblight lost zones (Shiverwind Coast)

Accessible but empty places that could host content in the future:
    • The hidden valley (Dun Morogh subzone west of the entrance to Gnomeregan)
    • Tirisfal Grove/lands west of the Tirisfal Glades (Chamber of Krasus + where the high elves first landed in the Eastern Kingdoms + relation with an Old God)
    • Empty area east of Thousand Needles (domains of the centaurs)
    • Bahia west of the Burning Steppes/Deathwing Scar (scrapped from Cataclysm beta, perfect location for accommodation of nagas and the aforementioned island of Balor)

Feel free to add new areas and we can all go completing the list.

Also here are a couple of links to other threads that dealt with some of these lost areas:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...le-Azeroth-Map!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...on-Speculation

As a last comment, say that until relatively recently, the continent of Pandaria was supposed to be an elongate continent lying west of Kalimdor at the Veiled Sea (and may perhaps even be so in reality, but however our guidance, measuring and mapping systems fail due to mists that surround the continent).
    Last edited by Northem; 2012-12-31 at 04:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A very helpful list Northern. One can only hope we'll see them all eventually (specially those last few, hur hur).

Another place mentioned in lore and yet to be seen is Ogrezonia, island of the big lady ogres. Ah, one day...

Don't forget Rockard, Grand Hamlet and Sunnyglade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your attention. I have restructured the list of my previous post (now are three lists), I added new areas and completed some others.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Don't forget Rockard, Grand Hamlet and Sunnyglade.
    I researched the three places you mentioned and I found that:

Rockard was destroyed, but was later rebuilt by the Horde under the name of "Dreadmaul Hold", and therefore is not a lost area (I should mention that the locations that were destroyed but later rebuilt under another name or directly are associated with existing locations are not on my list).

As for Grand Hamlet and Sunnyglade appears that both sites were completely destroyed in the First War and were not again rebuilt and therefore are not on my list because I assumed that they no longer exist.

Since the Cataclysm, I've honestly been saddened by the loss of Southshore as it now lay in ruins and infected filth. I was on a quest in Tanaris yesterday which took me into CoT for Don Ronrigo's hat. As I one shot the NPC on the road, I looked to my right and honestly got a little choked up when I saw SouthShore as it was before the cataclysm. I instantly mounted up and rode for the tavern. I sat inside, looking around and remembering leveling my NE Hunter there so many years ago.

I know this was a bit off topic, but this just reminded me about things forever changed by the cataclysm, but forever preserved by the Caverns of Time.

On Topic: Thanks for the info. I am going to research these places now

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was always wondered more about places that ARE in the game but don't seem to serve any purpose. Like the unmarked grave with dark portal like statues guarding it in Duskwood, or those random houses in the middle of no where that no one even knew existed until old world flying came around, or most of pre-cata Azshara, etc. Makes you wonder what was originally planned for them that ended up getting cut from the game.

Fortunately with the Cataclysm, I find it more likely to find new lands, and explain what happened to old ones too.

I'm curious as to the state of Nazjatar. I've long, since the events of Vashjir, wondered when Azshara will raise the Naga kingdoms from the sea floor to the surface and attack. That way we can explore the Abyssal Depths without the annoyance of an underwater zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

love this type of thread lots of places I didn't know about