Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hating LFD and flying mounts is the new big thing now. It's also very noticeable how the mount thing really increased since GC said he'd rather not have them in the game.

LFD is a good thing. In fact, it might be one of the best things that ever happened to the game or the genre. And you'd wonder how little it would help to "restore the community" if they removed it. Don't fool yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    LFD is a good thing. In fact, it might be one of the best things that ever happened to the game or the genre. And you'd wonder how little it would help to "restore the community" if they removed it. Don't fool yourself.
    Not some community, restoring server community is what ppl wish for. Cross server LFG/LFR option is one of the reasons why server community is disappearing and ppl are acting more and more like assholes. There is no downside to being a moron when you play with a million players spread across servers. Limit that to a few thousands on one server and ppl will remember.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    "Ninja" does not mean "that guy rolled against me".

I expect the capacity for each realm to be higher for Titan than it is in WoW. Also, more inter-connectivity between realms. I don't expect LFG or LFR to disappear.
    Couldn't agree more on the ninja part, far too many think an item is ninja'd just because somebody else rolled.

As far as what Titan may or may not have nobody know a thing yet. We don't even know what type of game it is for sure yet. How about we stop with dumping preconceptions from other games on a new one that hasn't even gone any where near testing yet. If we are going to keep on down this path we might as well have a back and forth over the budget of the president in 2036 or the reasons why the Giants missed the playoffs again in 2019.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Not some community, restoring server community is what ppl wish for. Cross server LFG/LFR option is one of the reasons why server community is disappearing and ppl are acting more and more like assholes. There is no downside to being a moron when you play with a million players spread across servers. Limit that to a few thousands on one server and ppl will remember.
    That's not true. We've been running dungeons without LFD for years and I have to tell you, I didn't give a damn what "the server community" thought of me. And nobody did. And that "misbhehaving" in dungeons would have some consequence is a fairy tale. There's so many people on a crowded realm. Thousands upon thousands. Nobody cares for your "Darklegolas ninjad my 2H axe, don't do dungeons with him!" trade channel spam. Yes, there is no downside of being a moron in the game - there never really was.

Also, I don't see how LFD is the reason why "server community is disappearing"? Sounds pretty far-fetched.

I really love how this turned out to be a LFD discussion thread.

Titan is still unknown, if it has a design that requires some sort of LFD, I'd like the process to be automated and less visible tbh. People don't like 'here, you'll wait an average 15 minutes, so go do something else while waiting'. I'm pretty sure all the ppl who QQ about LFD didn't play before it and don't know what kind of effort was required just for a simple 5 man dungeon. Guess what, while you're able to spend those 15 minutes doing dailies, playing pet battles, alt tabbing or whatever the hell you do, 3 years ago me was shouting his ass off in trade channel to find a spot for the daily heroic.
    Last edited by Riverness; 2013-01-01 at 11:14 AM.

I remember reading a interview and i do not know with who so this is all speculation and guys Titan is planned for 2015 and that is " planned " you never know but it was said i believe that Titan is meant to be the WoW killer. I Dont believe they will make you leave the game of WoW but someones speculative thoughts got me thinking while it will be a new game what you have now will somehow exist in the new game and i mean all of it , your achievements your favorite transmog the dungeons you love to run the raids will all be a small part of Titan . all speculation and other games that Blizzard has will be rolled into the cake as well Starcraft and Diablo and that Titan will be not just one style of game but many . I have also heard er read it will have nothing to do with any game Blizzard has done before but they have learned from there success in the past and plan on moving forward with that knowledge. 2 years to go though so guys dream on honestly that team blizzard has working on this project called Titan isn't going to go public with anything till they are ready . And i wouldn't doubt we are that far off from some previews eh maybe a year ... sorry for all the speculation

I'm afraid of what Titan will be after seeing the direction Wow has taken and how bad some of their recent games are (D3). Most likely Titan will be a cash in on casuals, maybe it even has smartphone integration or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furiex View Post
    O

So moving forward, We have Titan, Blizzards new baby after we reach lvl 100 in WoW.
    This naive thinking again.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    That's not true. We've been running dungeons without LFD for years and I have to tell you, I didn't give a damn what "the server community" thought of me. And nobody did. And that "misbhehaving" in dungeons would have some consequence is a fairy tale. There's so many people on a crowded realm. Thousands upon thousands. Nobody cares for your "Darklegolas ninjad my 2H axe, don't do dungeons with him!" trade channel spam. Yes, there is no downside of being a moron in the game - there never really was.

Also, I don't see how LFD is the reason why "server community is disappearing"? Sounds pretty far-fetched.
    Believe it or not your experience is not universal. Dunno how it is on full server, but on medium populated one we did remember other players. There were well known pug leaders who ran pug raids, ppl took pride for being well known in that regard back in WotLK. It wasn't just you have these 20 ppl in guild you know ... it was you have this server full of ppl who work together. Nowadays, insta queue for LFR and afk untill queue pops. Call me old fashioned, but it's not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Meysvindu View Post
    Titan is still unknown, if it has a design that requires some sort of LFD, I'd like the process to be automated and less visible tbh. People don't like 'here, you'll wait an average 15 minutes, so go do something else while waiting'. I'm pretty sure all the ppl who QQ about LFD didn't play before it and don't know what kind of effort was required just for a simple 5 man dungeon. Guess what, while you're able to spend those 15 minutes doing dailies, playing pet battles, alt tabbing or whatever the hell you do, 3 years ago me was shouting his ass off in trade channel to find a spot for the daily heroic.
    There is easy way to make everyone happy ... just give the option to queue just for your own server group instead of cross server.

Maybe if Titan does not have the holy trinity, and you can use any class combination in a group; only then can I see a reason to not have a LFG-tool.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    I'm afraid of what Titan will be after seeing the direction Wow has taken and how bad some of their recent games are (D3). Most likely Titan will be a cash in on casuals, maybe it even has smartphone integration or something.
    Following the PvP fopa in D3 I can imagine that Titan won't be released ever ... "We tried something, it didn't work out, here is another WoW expansion instead". It's not like Titan is something ppl can be excited about when we know exactly 0 about it, so whatever.

Deleted
    Probably yes but hopefully there are other group activities not included in it as well. LFG can be really comfortable sometimes but it also takes out any reason to explore or go out in the world. So hopefully it does have LFG for a few dungeons and maybe group PvP events to appease the casuals, lazies and people who just dont have much time at the moment but the more profitable dungeons would be harder to find and in dangerous areas as well as the best PvP rewards come from assaulting cities and world pvp and such.

But knowing Blizzard, it's probably going to be something like that yes. At launch it would all sound great and there would be a reason to put effort in the game. But in a few months they'll just nerf anything and add everything to the LFG anyway:P It's just what they do. Just look at their most recent game, D3.

Following the PvP fopa in D3 I can imagine that Titan won't be released ever ... "We tried something, it didn't work out, here is another WoW expansion instead". It's not like Titan is something ppl can be excited about when we know exactly 0 about it, so whatever.
    I think this is a good place for me to drop the biggest hearsay about Titan.

Blizzard have all the best devs working on it, that's why it'll be huge, and that's also why the current state of their games are this bad.

Well, if there is even a shred of truth in that hearsay, I've enough reason to get my hype up.

I really hope there isn't I like when your server feels like a community and you can't just ignore everyone. I doubt they will scrap the lfg idea tho.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Haha...yes let me confirm this. Because the same "secret info" was told to us during WotLK: All devs work on Diablo 3, that is why WoW is now so shite and D3 will be brilliant.

And look....Diablo 3 is brilliant. Nobody ever said a bad word about it. It is voted game of the millenium left and right and everybody left WoW to play it.
    First off, this guy utilizes the brilliant gesture of sarcasm people, just a heads up.

Second, I agree, that's almost said about every new thing that Blizzard makes, but that doesn't counter the possibility of Titan hearsay to be true. Because to my knowledge, the idea of Titan predates Diablo 3, and Blizzard actually parted ways with all the original Diablo 1 and 2 devs.. That's a whole another story. Diablo 3 was never going to be as good as its predecessors tbh. The hype that all the people had proves how good Blizzard is at marketing, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Meysvindu View Post
    First off, this guy utilizes the brilliant gesture of sarcasm people, just a heads up.

Second, I agree, that's almost said about every new thing that Blizzard makes, but that doesn't counter the possibility of Titan hearsay to be true. Because to my knowledge, the idea of Titan predates Diablo 3, and Blizzard actually parted ways with all the original Diablo 1 and 2 devs.. That's a whole another story. Diablo 3 was never going to be as good as its predecessors tbh. The hype that all the people had proves how good Blizzard is at marketing, nothing else.
    Thing is I don't think it's possible to keep a lid on any big project. Only way Blizz can keep Titan a secret is either there is just a few ppl working on it or it's in early stages of design or it's just something small. Big MMO needs hundreds of ppl working on it, chances that not one of them will accitentally spill the beans is very very small.

As for the claim that LFG "destroyed" the community - I think that is a pretty bold claim, because from the last claims about how many users do LFraid (granted, that was during dragon Soul) - it was about 25% of the subs. So..erm..until the beginning off 2012 we had a perfect community and BAM it got destroyed like that? Oh wait...LFD already destroyed the community in WotLK. Oh wait...TBC already destroyed the game with "welfare" epics on the Isle of Conquest. Or was WoW already dead at the start of TBC when flying mounts were introduced. I can't remember...so many parts of the game get destroyed or die constantly.
    Do you remember difficulty of starter raids in Cata ? That was the first blow. It was pretty sweet in WotLK. Ppl are hating on WotLK for being too casual ... but it was casual with strong social interaction ... now it's casual with LFR.

i think its wrong to assume titan will even have dungeons at this point
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furiex View Post
    So moving forward, We have Titan, Blizzards new baby after we reach lvl 100 in WoW.
    Source please!

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    how do people not know this? blizzard has said multiple times that titan IS a casual game its meant to be a casual drop in drop out style of game that you can pick up and play every once in awhile. its likely free to play and at a blizzcon a while back someone at blizzard said they were thinking about maybe integrating facebook with it somehow. it also will probably have ingame ads considering blizzard was hiring people to put ads into an mmo a while back
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Well, I too have high hopes for Titan, but chance also scares me. Stupid, I know.
    I was playing D2 happily for three years so I rather wished for a World of Diablocraft than World of Warcraft. 8 years later I barely played Diablo 3 because I still enjoy WoW too much.

So...seeing that WoW was developed since at least 2000 (right?) there will still be years before they unleash Titan...look for how long D3 was in devlopment. Blizzard takes it sweet time.
    Yeah, it was 2004 when vanilla came out. I just hope that it will be better than how D3 turned out to be. It might be just a rumor too, to keep people wondering, or to keep people from disregarding Blizzard as a company that has the ability to make great games for the community. Well, personally I don't feel like they're not making great games, but they obviously can improve the quality with very very simple things. Oh well, I hope this Titan thing is true and they have actually learnt from past mistakes..

Thing is I don't think it's possible to keep a lid on any big project. Only way Blizz can keep Titan a secret is either there is just a few ppl working on it or it's in early stages of design or it's just something small. Big MMO needs hundreds of ppl working on it, chances that not one of them will accitentally spill the beans is very very small.
    You make good points. It might just still be at brainstorm stages with like, 3 people discussing it Or it's maybe not a big MMO so it doesn't need hundreds of people working on it?