Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

'Titan' to have a LFG system?

Oh lord ladys and gents, I was thinking about this about 15 minutes ago and couldnt resist the temptation to throw it on mmo-champ forums and see what my fellow WoW'er's thought

In WoW we have LFG (includes LFR and so on) Its a brilliant concept, Makes it so were not sitting in trade for 30 minutes (even though DPS Q takes 2 years to group you) and not finding anyone and sorta giving up on it. So with LFG we just Q up and bam on our way. BUT, like me and im sure many others, link this and many more services (cross realm zones, Server transfers, Faction Change, ect.) to destroying the community. Trolls will always be around but I remember back in Vanilla/BC we all knew who the Trolls were on the server. Now ya kinda dont because you can just keep doing it without fault, Something terrible happens, poof you can transfer. In LFG your Q'ed with Millllllions of other people, so the likely hood of ever seeing that DPS that you ninja'ed that piece from, is minimal if not impossible. I mean we've all heard the story before.

Me I like community, example- AQ, on our server I was so excited to see it get unlocked, Was proud of our server for doing it. Was just awesome, Then the isle of QQ, sure it was basically a World PvPers dream, It was still fun, having to unlock everything, Going there everyday seeing the same people over and over all going for the same goal. Just was cool, Community is a good thing to me game wise.

Now dont take that for a QQ statement, Or a nostalgic vanilla player missing the old days.

So moving forward, We have Titan, Blizzards new baby after we reach lvl 100 in WoW.

Blizzard has to know that the Community in WoW is basically ruined up and down, And we know that /trade to find someone kinda sucks.

What is more then likely going to happen? They launching the game with a LFG system? maybe make the servers BABABIGGER as in a higher cap on players per server so that our likely hood of finding someone wanting to do the same instance as us is greater?

Sincerly,
    Furi

1 - we don't know exactly what titan is. it could be a game just like counter strike;

2 - blizz already said 100 is just a number, and WoW will go on and receive expansions as long as it's profitable.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Ninja" does not mean "that guy rolled against me".

I expect the capacity for each realm to be higher for Titan than it is in WoW. Also, more inter-connectivity between realms. I don't expect LFG or LFR to disappear.

Deleted
    What makes you think it's going to be a wow follow up?

Blizzard have stated that it will function alongside wow and will not steal it's subscriber base, as previous posters have said wow is going to go on past 100 levels.

Why would you even ask this? I mean we're not even sure what exactly Titan is. Well, it's a game (most likely anyway) Blizzard is currently developing, but that's literally the extent of what we know.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

While Titan is supposed to be a massively multiplayer game, I highly doubt it's going to be similar to WoW and have things like dungeons. I expect it will be a much more casual experience designed for mass appeal, and not like the kind of thing you'd see with WoW.

Whatever Titan is, it should be evolved enough that things like LFG are obsolete.

10+ Year Old Account
    We know nothing about Titan aside from that Blizzard has said that it won't neccessarily compete with WoW. Also, LFG and other game functions don't ruin a game community, shitty ass people ruin a game community.

If it is an MMO it will likely have some type of automatic group assembling system.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    1 - we don't know exactly what titan is. it could be a game just like counter strike;

2 - blizz already said 100 is just a number, and WoW will go on and receive expansions as long as it's profitable.
    Blizzard confirmed it is a "next gen MMO" long ago.

And to answer the OP, yes, I would expect some type of LFG to be included.

Quote Originally Posted by Furiex View Post
    Oh lord ladys and gents, I was thinking about this about 15 minutes ago and couldnt resist the temptation to throw it on mmo-champ forums and see what my fellow WoW'er's thought

In WoW we have LFG (includes LFR and so on) Its a brilliant concept, Makes it so were not sitting in trade for 30 minutes (even though DPS Q takes 2 years to group you) and not finding anyone and sorta giving up on it. So with LFG we just Q up and bam on our way. BUT, like me and im sure many others, link this and many more services (cross realm zones, Server transfers, Faction Change, ect.) to destroying the community. Trolls will always be around but I remember back in Vanilla/BC we all knew who the Trolls were on the server. Now ya kinda dont because you can just keep doing it without fault, Something terrible happens, poof you can transfer. In LFG your Q'ed with Millllllions of other people, so the likely hood of ever seeing that DPS that you ninja'ed that piece from, is minimal if not impossible. I mean we've all heard the story before.

Me I like community, example- AQ, on our server I was so excited to see it get unlocked, Was proud of our server for doing it. Was just awesome, Then the isle of QQ, sure it was basically a World PvPers dream, It was still fun, having to unlock everything, Going there everyday seeing the same people over and over all going for the same goal. Just was cool, Community is a good thing to me game wise.

Now dont take that for a QQ statement, Or a nostalgic vanilla player missing the old days.

So moving forward, We have Titan, Blizzards new baby after we reach lvl 100 in WoW.

Blizzard has to know that the Community in WoW is basically ruined up and down, And we know that /trade to find someone kinda sucks.

What is more then likely going to happen? They launching the game with a LFG system? maybe make the servers BABABIGGER as in a higher cap on players per server so that our likely hood of finding someone wanting to do the same instance as us is greater?

Sincerly,
    Furi
    Look. We know nothing about Titan so we will have to assume it will be an MMO and very similar to WoW.

Yes and No. It will have the functionality but will have tech that will integrate people and servers into a more permanent world - opposed to the current model where you get random people for 45 minutes and then never see them again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been able to find any information about Titan, other than it being Blizz's top secret new mmo, and it shouldn't (in theory) detract from WoW subs.

Is there an article you can link that states it is in fact going to be released once WoW players hit 100? Or where did you hear this?

A LFG system is being considered a mainstay for mmos these days that have dungeon or whatever they are called in that particular game. As well, it allows the justification for more dungeon type game play since more people will be using them. So, the possibility is very very high. As well, we don't know what the server structure will be. Like a couple really big ones, or like with current wow many smaller ones.

As well, LFG and LFR is not causing crappy community involvement. Its just crappy people making the community bad.

Not sure what it really is yet so cant comment. Need to know about the bigger details before we considered what smaller functions it will have such as that,

Deleted
    all that is know about Titan is it's an MMO and on a IP we have never seen before.

as for the level 100 thing, blizzard has said loads of times 100 is just a number and they will keep going as long as WoW is making money. level 100 was just a cap players have said since finding out about TBC, it has never once even been hinted at by blizzard, if anything the majority of times it has come up they have said the game wont end purely because of a number.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it involves any instanced group content it will have a LFG tool, like any good MMO should.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    Look. We know nothing about Titan so we will have to assume it will be an MMO and very similar to WoW.

Yes and No. It will have the functionality but will have tech that will integrate people and servers into a more permanent world - opposed to the current model where you get random people for 45 minutes and then never see them again.
    That second sentence is non sequitur. We know nothing of Titan so we can naturally assume nothing. The only thing we know is it is a next gen MMO and not based on current intellectual property. We don't know if it will be class based, level based, or include any of the current conventions many are commonly accustomed to in a class/level based theme park MMORPG. For all we know, it could be a sandbox MMOFPS without levels and if it even has classes, they may not feature current archetypes we are accustomed to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I heard was that Titan had advertisements available to sell upon it.
    So people were thinking it would be like Second Life, etc. One of those MMO-Sim games.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope there's no cross-realm zones/dungeons/battlegrounds in Titan, as well as no LFR/Dungeon Finder. But, this is Blizzard so it'll be as dumbed down as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizark View Post
    Blizzard confirmed it is a "next gen MMO" long ago.

And to answer the OP, yes, I would expect some type of LFG to be included.
    MMO does not = MMORPG

it could be an FPS for 500 people per game. that would be an MMOFPS.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 12:46 AM ----------

"In an interview with Wired, Blizzard CEO Michael Morhaime said that the game would "not be a sequel to World of Warcraft. It will be different," adding that the game would be so different that it wouldn't compete with World of Warcraft"

this statement makes me really doubt it'll be an MMORPG. any MMORPG competes with WoW, no matter the theme.
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-01-01 at 12:46 AM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.