10+ Year Old Account

CRZ, hub camping, and PvE realms

So the large majority of "people from other realms camp me/players constantly and it's not fun" complaints on the official forums are based in PvP realms, and they usually get the "PvP is PvP" rebuttal.

However, what do you guys think should happen when this happens on PvE realms?

On my server I've seen groups of 15+ Alliance 90s spanning entire zones camping every Horde quest hub for hours upon hours at end. From what I've heard, the same thing also happens with Horde groups.

Since this is a PvE realm, what do you think should be done about this? Bans for people who camp hubs for insane amounts of time? (IIRC this goes under 'zone disruption' or something like that)

Because it's absolutely getting ridiculous.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    I may be wrong, but I believe that kind of zone disruption that lasts such long periods would probably be punished even on a PvP realm. I do agree, it is ridiculous. Avoidable, but ridiculous. I'm all for CRZ and allowing ganking low level players (even though why people do this is beyond my grasp), but continuously disrupting leveling zones as a whole for prolongued periods is taking it too far IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

if you report it to a gm you just gonna get the same old bs. "get some friends and kill them"

Gms have no clue about the rules of their own games and crz just add to this problem.

Just report it and when they come with this bs. Toss the tos in their face. the number 1 rule is that you are not allowed to do shizzle that interupts normal gameplay for others

Go on a alt, try leveling in a dungeon, play some pvp, join a better balanced server, get guildies to help. It doesn't disruppt the game that much, yes its an inconvenience, but when someone does that I just do something else...

-Grim

10+ Year Old Account
    If you give the person who gank attention, they will keep on doing it. Best bet is to ignore them and do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I may be wrong, but I believe that kind of zone disruption that lasts such long periods would probably be punished even on a PvP realm. I do agree, it is ridiculous. Avoidable, but ridiculous. I'm all for CRZ and allowing ganking low level players (even though why people do this is beyond my grasp), but continuously disrupting leveling zones as a whole for prolongued periods is taking it too far IMO.
    It's non punishable on PvP realms because there is a PvP solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    You are never punished for pvping on a pvp realm, ever. Killing the same player 5 times? 15 times? For 1h 2h 3hs it does not matter... it is intended.

And Op I do not see any problems with this on a pve realm.
    Unflag yourself, wait for 5 minutes.
    Problem solved.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 03:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Just report it and when they come with this bs. Toss the tos in their face. the number 1 rule is that you are not allowed to do shizzle that interupts normal gameplay for others
    Part of your "gameplay" when you sign up for a pvp realm or flag yourself on a pve realm is to get killed.
    How often is entirely up to you and your ability.

Zone disruptions, which are killing questgivers, FPs and vendors over and over again, can *eventually* lead to action being taken, usually the GM just ports the offenders to their hearth location. It's extremely rare. Otherwise, you're on a lowbie, not flagged, hop an FP to another questing area? there are like 2-3 per level bracket in the old world.

I just levelled a character on a pve realm and didn't see this at all. The levelling process is so fast now, just do a dungeon and move on to another spot.

If Blizz sees it as an issue they could change it so that if the poor ol' guards get ganked too much they can respawn as elite 90's

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Part of your "gameplay" when you sign up for a pvp realm or flag yourself on a pve realm is to get killed.
    How often is entirely up to you and your ability.
    Let's look at the OP. "On my server I've seen groups of 15+ Alliance 90s spanning entire zones camping every Horde quest hub for hours upon hours at end. From what I've heard, the same thing also happens with Horde groups."

What part of that is talking about killing players? We're specifically talking about killing quest givers and camping quest hubs, preventing people from questing. Condescending talk about how people deserve to be ganked is completely unwarranted.

This should be reportable... if the GMs say it's fine, re-open the ticked and quote the sections of the ToS that forbid zone disruption. Either they'll finally do something, or you can go to the forums and use their responses as proof that the ToS isn't actually enforced.

You are never punished for pvping on a pvp realm, ever. Killing the same player 5 times? 15 times? For 1h 2h 3hs it does not matter... it is intended.

And Op I do not see any problems with this on a pve realm.
    Unflag yourself, wait for 5 minutes.
    Problem solved.
    Thank he's talking about them killing the NPC's not him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Let's look at the OP. "On my server I've seen groups of 15+ Alliance 90s spanning entire zones camping every Horde quest hub for hours upon hours at end. From what I've heard, the same thing also happens with Horde groups."

What part of that is talking about killing players? We're specifically talking about killing quest givers and camping quest hubs, preventing people from questing. Condescending talk about how people deserve to be ganked is completely unwarranted.

This should be reportable... if the GMs say it's fine, re-open the ticked and quote the sections of the ToS that forbid zone disruption. Either they'll finally do something, or you can go to the forums and use their responses as proof that the ToS isn't actually enforced.
    Yes, this is about killing questgivers and important NPCs, not players.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

You are wrong, it is actually against the ToS to actively camp someone that much in game where they can't even play the game, I know this from personal experience from time on a pvp server. Camping someone for 2-3 hrs straight is considered harassment and is punishable and not condoned, killing someone (x) times within the span of 10-15 mins or w/e is fine, but when you start pushing it into "now i'm just an asshole" territory then it becomes an issue of harassing.

Its not to bad if you have a 90 of your own to deal with them but I feel your pain if you don't.The people who do this kind of crap are the worst of the worst I mean bad..The handful of times I have gotten my 90 to fight back fair Iv absolutely floored the ganker and I only pve.Take pleasure in knowing that they do this because that is literally the only way they can get kills period.The next time you are camped by super bads either get your 90 and put them to shame than make a toon on there server and shit talk them like I like to do or just do something else and have a laugh about there badness.

Open world CSZ is the future of MMORPG's...

I'll repeat that 1.000 times if needed.

Why ? Because a fully implemented Cross Server Play means eternal populated multi mass on line playing possibilities in ALL created content (whatever the level, the zones, the world you play in).

Holy Grail of ever populated MMORPG's independant of realm play.

Its scope for MMORPG's ... far surpasses ... the complaints of a few flower pickers or gankers.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-02 at 12:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Open world CSZ is the future of MMORPG's...

I'll repeat that 1.000 times if needed.

Why ? Because a fully implemented Cross Server Play means eternal populated multi mass on line playing possibilities in ALL created content (whatever the level, the zones, the world you play in).

Holy Grail of ever populated MMORPG's independant of realm play.

Its scope for MMORPG's ... far surpasses ... the complaints of a few flower pickers or gankers.
    Or you could argue the death of server community.