Deleted

Relic of Yu'lon vs. Essence of Terror(Normal) both 2/2 upgraded

I'm replacing 1 of my trinkets with Heroic Light of the Cosmos. The thing is, im not sure which one to replace. I'm currently spec'd Arcane. The trinkets I have is Relic of Yu'lon and Essence of Terror (normal). They are both upgraded fully (2/2).

Which trinket is superior? Which one should I replace.

EDIT: I'm going for Mastery build (NOT haste)

Also, if I decide to change spec in the future for whatever reason, which trinket combo is best for Frost and/or Fire?
    Last edited by mmoc351408c12a; 2013-01-01 at 01:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a very detailed list of trinkets in the arcane guide if that helps you at all.

I can tell you that for frost you want to use Frost Bomb with Essence of Terror and Relic of Yu'lon for low movement fights or fights with adds. For heavy movement fights you would swap the Relic of Yu'lon for Light of the Cosmos and use Nether Tempest.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    essence of terror is ahead, most likely.

check with wowreforge

I'm in the same predicament -- however I do not intend to upgrade my Essence of Terror. So would a 2/2 relic be better than a normal Essence?

I love the "most likely" posts.

BiS: H Sha trink>H elegon trink>Relic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickdiculous View Post
    I love the "most likely" posts.

BiS: H Sha trink>H elegon trink>Relic
    a) It's 'most likely' because trinkets have different weights based on whether OP is going Mastery build or Haste build.

b) OT: In terms of normal trinkets Relic 2/2 is > Essence 2/2; Int is far too good for Arcane in both builds.
    Last edited by mmoc7cd3c912a5; 2013-01-01 at 06:28 PM.

Deleted
    Im sorry I forgot to mention it in the original post, but; I'm going for Mastery build (NOT haste).

I'm using askmrrobot to decide which gear, reforge, gems etc is best for me and it says that Essence is better then Relic. Why do you suggest that I use Relic instead?

I also tested to use wowreforge, but I just dont understand how you compare diffrent items.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 03:13 PM ----------

I also checked out the Arcane guide here on MMO-champ and like you said jtmzac, they claim that 2/2 relic is better then 2/2 essence.

Why do askmrrobot say the opposite then?

15+ Year Old Account
    With anything...

2/2 essense is better because of the item level. (according to mrrobot)

Simcraft is free to download..
    Every piece, gem, enchant is different, and will wield different results. Get ahold of your stat weights, and it will tell you what is better.

robot is ok, but its not something you should trust.

tldr; to be a good mage, learn and do, instead of reading and doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqacia View Post
    Im sorry I forgot to mention it in the original post, but; I'm going for Mastery build (NOT haste).

I'm using askmrrobot to decide which gear, reforge, gems etc is best for me and it says that Essence is better then Relic. Why do you suggest that I use Relic instead?

I also tested to use wowreforge, but I just dont understand how you compare diffrent items.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 03:13 PM ----------

I also checked out the Arcane guide here on MMO-champ and like you said jtmzac, they claim that 2/2 relic is better then 2/2 essence.

Why do askmrrobot say the opposite then?
    Mr Robot doesn't factor in 6-stack camping (that I'm aware of)

Relic is better than NORMAL EoT because they have SIMILAR (not the same, I'm aware) levels of static Intellect, but Relic procs Intellect, EoT procs Haste. In Mastery build Intellect is far more important than in Haste Build (as you gain more damage per mana % than you would in Haste build); and while the Haste proc from EoT is nice, Relic's Intellect proc is better than the normal version.

Heroic is a different matter.