Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't do that. Don't try to compare ganking of online virtual characters in WoW to mobbing real living people in your workplace. Unfair play in a game is one thing. It's not illegal. It's frowned upon, yes, but it's not illegal. Mobbing people is illegal. It's not just frowned upon, it's outright illegal. If you wanna go and do that, and prove me wrong, then i'll expect to see a photo of your cellmate with the next post. Also, let us know whether he's got the top bunk or not.
    I'm not comparing deeds but mindsets.

The person the statement was directed at basically said: "But he's enjoying himself, just let him have his fun", which couldn't be more wrong. Getting ones joy out of making others miserable by insulting and camping them should be considered griefing.

Yeah I know, 95% of the people out there can't abide by unspoken rules of engagement. They need a cop with a stick behind them to behave properly, a.k.a. "It's illegal" and even these laws only work half of the time.
    yet another person getting real life mixed up with the video game that this is.....sigh anyone who even trys to compare the 2 has issues.
    The only people that have issues are these idiot gankers, that need to beat helpless people so they can feel some sense of accomplishment because they are too stupid to take on enemies that can and will defend themselves (that's why he fled).

How anyone that is not a ganker himself, can say that this is proper behavior that should be tolerated or even encouraged, is beyond my comprehension.

Deleted
    because its midnight new years eve everywhere at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    It's 2am here, and I was leveling my low level warlock in Tanaris. Then I see an 90 paladin flying around and ganking lowbies.

I mean, it's new year, and there is a guy sitting in front of the PC, killing people that are 50 levels below him, and then /laugh and /spit. And he doesn't even have the balls to do that on foot. He lands on a roof and usa some kind of aoe hammer so guards don't kill him. To top it off, when I logged my 90 warrior, he zoomed upwards and started /facepalming me.

I don't think I have ever felt so much pity for someone in this game.
    I actually laughed and said good you deserved it the moment i read ""i got my warrior who with one shot macro will win me the fair battle"" i hope he ganks you more lol.

People pretending a good ret can't kill a warrior lawl. The ret can just judge him use freedom and kite the warrior during the one shot marco not hard. Btw charge has an 8-25 yard range learn to play around it.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

The guy was bringing in the new year by killing lowbies for fun, whats wrong with that? What if he was with his friends and having a good time while doing it? The thread creator is the one who is playing WoW alone, got upset, and posted on a forum looking for sympathy while attacking someone who is having a better new years. Its clear who won this battle...

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Which is just antisocial and BAD behavior. It's quite hilarious that so many people are defending it as PvP.

Next you want to tell me that it is ok to practice mobbing at my workplace, after all it's fun for the person that does it..
    You have no idea what antisocial means. It means you don't like society or people. What are we playing here? An mmoRPG. Role playing game. People are playing a role. On a pvp server. If you can't understand that, educate yourself. It's a game.

I'd imagine the guy was half drunk for new year, with a bunch of mates around him asking him to gank and harass just for a laugh. And here you are, complaining about getting ganked on new year. The absurdity of the whines and complaints just keeps getting more entertaining

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    im with the OP, that sounds incredibly low and sad. Some way to spend your new years eve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

Deleted
    5 pages? Really?

The only thing more sad than OP is this thread...

10+ Year Old Account
    damn that is sad, a bunch of guys playing wow on new years night not out with their friends ):

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Not venting. Not even mad. Just logged off. But I'm sad for him, really.

Yet here you are, on a wow forum complaining about others complaining. You sure are the worst of the bunch.

Sorry if my grandmother is at the hospital and I didn't feel like getting wasted. I promise to care less next time.
    maybe his grandma is in the hospital aswell.
    don't be so ignorant.

I'm not comparing deeds but mindsets.

The person the statement was directed at basically said: "But he's enjoying himself, just let him have his fun", which couldn't be more wrong. Getting ones joy out of making others miserable by insulting and camping them should be considered griefing.

Yeah I know, 95% of the people out there can't abide by unspoken rules of engagement. They need a cop with a stick behind them to behave properly, a.k.a. "It's illegal" and even these laws only work half of the time.

The only people that have issues are these idiot gankers, that need to beat helpless people so they can feel some sense of accomplishment because they are too stupid to take on enemies that can and will defend themselves (that's why he fled).

How anyone that is not a ganker himself, can say that this is proper behavior that should be tolerated or even encouraged, is beyond my comprehension.
    You can't compare mindsets. It's a role playing game. But in your passive/aggressive attitude, you can't understand this. Anyone that has leveled on a pvp server knows that you're going to get ganked by high level players. People aren't causing anyone "misery". Minor inconvenience at best. If you feel any misery playing a game, then it's time to get some help. You're way too passive/aggressive.

Deleted
    I think if you felt so strongly that you came here to make a thread about it, his mission was accomplished, in fact you might as well go link him this thread to give him a really good chuckle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    On the sadness scale there's no difference at all between levelling a warlock on new years eve and ganking on new years eve. Maybe his grandmother is in the hospital too and this is his way of coping? Did you ever think about that? Don't judge someone unless you've walked a mile in his shoes. You coming on here trying to besmirch this poor grieving paladins character is the saddest thing of all. For shame.
    Ganking is something different than taunting and ganking, then fleeing from anyone remotely close to your lvl. It's sadder to do that than lvling a char tbh.

The way I usually deal with those people (the griefers i mean), is just stand on a rooftop near them, not move or make any emote for a bit, then sit down and /afk. As soon as they land, they're dead. I've done that loads of times (I play on a Normal realm even), and the griefers always F off after that.
    Last edited by mmocd25bfcd059; 2013-01-01 at 08:42 PM.

Which is just antisocial and BAD behavior. It's quite hilarious that so many people are defending it as PvP.

Next you want to tell me that it is ok to practice mobbing at my workplace, after all it's fun for the person that does it..
    Except that it's completely different. You live in a fantasy world.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 08:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    Ganking is something different than taunting and ganking, then fleeing from anyone remotely close to your lvl. It's sadder to do that than lvling a char tbh.
    Everyone always says this. But rarely is it true. The guy didn't get on his lvl 90 warrior trying to square things up. That just sounds good. Gankers are more than willing to fight people on their level. Or any level. Why? BECAUSE NOTHING HAPPENS TO YOU IF YOU DIE. It's a game. This is a passive/aggressive attempt to get ppl to believe they won't fight anyone their level. But they will. What often happens though is, people won't log on to their main. They'll call for help. And when they don't get that help, they run to the forums. Rarely do they confront it on their lvl 90.
    Last edited by Last Starfighter; 2013-01-01 at 08:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Except that it's completely different. You live in a fantasy world.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 08:43 PM ----------

Everyone always says this. But rarely is it true. The guy didn't get on his lvl 90 warrior trying to square things up. That just sounds good. Gankers are more than willing to fight people on their level. Or any level. Why? BECAUSE NOTHING HAPPENS TO YOU IF YOU DIE. It's a game. This is a passive/aggressive attempt to get ppl to believe they won't fight anyone their level. But they will. What often happens though is, people won't log on to their main. They'll call for help. And when they don't get that help, they run to the forums. Rarely do they confront it on their lvl 90.
    I guess i missed the post that derailed the thread from the original question. I was talking about a lvl 90 killing lowbies, then as soon as another 90 shows off he flies off and keeps taunting from a point where he's out of range of attacks.

You have no idea what antisocial means. It means you don't like society or people. What are we playing here? An mmoRPG. Role playing game. People are playing a role. On a pvp server. If you can't understand that, educate yourself. It's a game.
    If you're using your time trying to ruin other people's gaming experience (the sole point of ganking), I'm not sure how that indicates anything other than you don't like people.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 09:31 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Everyone always says this. But rarely is it true. The guy didn't get on his lvl 90 warrior trying to square things up. That just sounds good. Gankers are more than willing to fight people on their level. Or any level. Why? BECAUSE NOTHING HAPPENS TO YOU IF YOU DIE. It's a game. This is a passive/aggressive attempt to get ppl to believe they won't fight anyone their level. But they will. What often happens though is, people won't log on to their main. They'll call for help. And when they don't get that help, they run to the forums. Rarely do they confront it on their lvl 90.
    If they're doing something disgusting in an attempt to get people to log onto their mains, why in the world would I want to reward their behavior by giving them exactly what they want?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhuh.. and the guy camping low levels most certainly does so according to the role play he has laid out for his character. You're so deluded. 95% of the people playing WoW don't give a flying fuck about RP. I take these odds when stating that the ganker in question did not RP. They do it because it's allowed (sadly) and because they enjoy when the other human can't play the game he likes to play. Granted, it is his fault for being on a PvP realm, ganking idiots are to be expected. But that doesn't mean behavior like this is desirable.

You can't compare mindsets. It's a role playing game. But in your passive/aggressive attitude, you can't understand this. Anyone that has leveled on a pvp server knows that you're going to get ganked by high level players. People aren't causing anyone "misery". Minor inconvenience at best. If you feel any misery playing a game, then it's time to get some help. You're way too passive/aggressive.
    I played on a PvP realm for 4 years. I leveled, I got ganked, I got "corpsecamped" to the point of having no other option than logging off and waiting for an hour or so.
    I've seen it all, don't worry.

Of course I can compare mindsets. The ganker doesn't want to RP. He just sees a target he can take control over and feel powerful, basic human need. Sits in all of us.

And just so we're clear on this one: I'm not talking about a high level that passes by, smacks you and continues on his journey.
    I'm talking about the individuals that circle low level zones for extended periods of time, killing everyone who levels there and using /spit /lol macros as a bonus. Thus essentially locking down the zone. (Even more effective if he kills quest givers too)

If you're using your time trying to ruin other people's gaming experience (the sole point of ganking), I'm not sure how that indicates anything other than you don't like people.
    Thank you. At least someone understood what I meant.

Gankers are more than willing to fight people on their level.
    Read the op's post. The ganker flew high enough to be safe and spammed /facepalm macro when the OP wanted to duel properly. Kinda debunks your "wants to incite world pvp" argument, does it?
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-01-01 at 09:44 PM.

You are leveling a warlock on New Years Eve instead of partying or being social, and you are saying the guy ganking you on new years eve is sad?

Does anyone other than myself see the delicious irony in the OP's statements?

You cannot call someone "sadder" for doing something you are essentially doing yourself, but in a different way. Make a thread about how ganking lowbies is sad, but putting in the extraneous information about it being new years and the fact you think that makes the person ganking "sadder," just proves how ironic and pointless this entire thread is.

Play how and when you want. Let others do the same. No need to cry about things on the forums because someone spent their time "differently" than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are leveling a warlock on New Years Eve instead of partying or being social, and you are saying the guy ganking you on new years eve is sad?

Does anyone other than myself see the delicious irony in the OP's statements?
    No. I do not see irony.

He plays a game he enjoys. We do not know his circumstances, it is possible he is sick and thus cannot go out.
    The ganker uses his time to destroy the fun for other people.

But yes, i agree: New years eve has nothing to do with the topic at hand.