Voters
374. This poll is closed
  • Happy

224 59.89%
  • ANGRY

150 40.11%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Happy. I'm sick of logging in and finding out my class has changed because of some raging 14 year olds begging GC on Twitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this will never happen, I have no reason to get angry. People in this community have a tendency to wish to remove stuff that they have no desire of doing which annoys them for a ton of different reasons. At this point we would have no game by the looks off these kinds of polls.

i'd quit if the only remotely fun/challenging bit of this game has been removed
    this game sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    just stop nerfing/fixing spells due too PvP and its all good

Deleted
    I would get mad, and I don't play arena, I mostly do PvE and some battlegrounds.
    I wouldn't want to have raids removed for my sake, and I don't want others to lose their favorite part of the game either. It would only selfish to be happy about that because "then there wouldn't be any stupid nerfs". Just accept the fact that there would still be nerfs, and learn to adapt just like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I'd quit, there's not much else left in this game. Daily quests? Kill 10 boars and bring 6 smashed potatoes back? PvE rotation on a scripted boss while moving out of fire? Done that so many times I can't be bothered anymore. The only thing that is still interesting and somewhat challenging in this game are others players.

And how come people think rbgs are balanced? Last time I checked it out it was "aoe grip the whole enemy team into pom ring+solar beam and spam chaos wave". So much for "every spec is viable in rbgs".
    dude! amen to that!

It would be the first step on the long road to salvation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Correlia View Post
    Finally, no more PvE nerfs due to stupid PvP bull crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    This so much this. The next step would be to remove battlegrounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    40%? What the fuck are you smoking? This game was built on PvE. When did battleground get added? Here's a hint, months after release. Don't fucking act like PvP is anywhere close of importance to PvE.

If you want PvP go play Cod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    Would be happy. Sick and tired of PvE suffering due to PvP.
    Just from the first 2 pages.

Absolutely hilarious and also disgusting. PvP is literally the whole game for a LOT of people. They cannot and will not take it away. Personal opinion is personal opinion but let me just tell you something. You want to be skilled at this game? PvP. A good PvP'er has a much easier time transitioning into PvE than a PvE'er has transitioning into PvP because they know everything about their class and probably everything about every class. We use all abilities, we have to be extremely aware and quick. We use macros, focus macros and modifiers out the ass. We know almost every trick in the book. Basically everything that makes you faster and more efficient. You can't scrape by in pvp if you want to actually be good. The nerfs from one side affecting the other sucks, yes. But it goes both ways.

So yeah....they're never going to remove it. If they did, the game would completely die. Even if you aren't a hardcore raider or PvP'er, you still have the option to try either. That's part of what makes this game fun. You have tons of options if you get bored doing what you usually do.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Need a poll option like i dont know what to say

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Wasn't Resilience introduced for the sake of arenas? Resilience really messed up world pvp in my opinion.

World PVP was thrilling because encounters could be random and so were the outcomes.
    But with some pvp bros trolling daily quest hubs in full pvp gear, the outcome is rarely random. They can "pvp" at little risk to themselves. Its the Ganking Lotus hub on a pvp server.
    You are correct, Blizzard introduced Resilience with arena which fucked up PvP even more, but I understand why they did it.

Back in Vanilla, certain class builds with certain equipment were ridiculously OP. Literally one-shoting everything they hit. Enhancement Shamans with Sulfuras, Rogues with Perditions Blade/ Chromatically Tempered Sword (weapons differed). and certain builds with Fire/Frost Mages(Like that is hard to guess).

And as a result of certain builds being one hit wonders, they needed a method to reduce the vast amount of damage players could do to eachother to extend PvP fights to make it more fair than "whoever got the first hit wins", so Resilience was introduced.

The problem is, it singlehandedly divided pvp from pve in one fell swoop, preventing any form of mix between the two afterwards. You cannot PvP as a raider in your raiding gear, nor can you PvE as a PvPer in pvp gear efficiently. This polarized players views of both aspects of the game because it prevents interaction with the other aspect unless you really want to go out of your way and gear for both of them. Which is why half of you are here bitching about WoW being a PvE game only, which is false; PvP was part of the design, just not entirey ironed out at the time (it still isnt).

With MoP, Blizzard DID however, do one thing right after all these years, they baselined resilience for everyone, making it so that players cannot go out and one shot eachother regardless of how geared they are. HOWEVER, they made another mistake with this as well: They added PvP power, imbalancing the concept again to the same place it was before. (which was a huge facepalm from me when I heard about it, it made the change completely redundant).

Blizzard can easily fix certain aspects of PvP by removing PvP power from the game, and keeping resilience as it is currently, baselining the stat was a great idea which fixed the issue that resilience was designed to address back in Burning Crusade, its just a shame that it was implemented so late into WoW's life cycle that many who did like PvP in the old days won't get to see it.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

If it means we get more PvE content, happy. If it only gets removed and we get nothing in return, I'd be neutral since I never do arena

could you name 3 pve nerfs due to pvp issues?

i can name 3 pvp buffs to due pve issues

1. frost mages
    2. sub rogues s11
    3. unh dks 5.2

10+ Year Old Account
    i haven't been in arena since tbc and that was only 3-4 matches...

I hate the small scale pvp such as arena..i want epic wars with hundreds of soldiers going head on... not 2 people tickling and ccing each other for 2min >.>
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-01-01 at 07:36 PM.

Yeah because PVE is a hell of alot more fullfilling gameplay.
    Sarcasm if u didnt catch it.

If blizz removed arenas from wow, im sure the reason they would do it, is to get more MONEY!!! No clue how they will make money on that.
    But hey Blizz + activision = something rude.

Deleted
    Incoming PvE heroes that doesn't like pvp.

No one watches PvE on youtube / streams.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be happy if they just totally separated PvE from PvP. Ability X works like this in PvE, and like this in PvP. Talent X does this in PvP, and this in PvE.

Or maybe just have people decide to be PvP players or PvE players when they choose their spec and such at level 10. If you choose PvE, you will get the following abilities and talent trees...if you choose PvP, you will get the following abilities and talent trees...

I'm sick (as a Rogue and Warrior) of my class getting nerfed as a result of PvP imbalance, when I DON'T EVEN PLAY PVP. I never have, probably never will.

You gotta keep 'em separated.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 04:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    No one watches PvE on youtube / streams.
    Yea that's why Tankspot and Preach and all those channels have such tiny subscriber bases and view counts.

I would quit pretty much random battlegrounds have no line of sight and every offensive spell has a 40 yard they made way to much stuff in this game unavoidable.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why cant blizzard just do that spells behave in 2 ways, 1 in world/dungeon/raids and 1 in BG/Arena/other pvp places
    This should have been implemented in like TBC/wotl
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Every time one of these threads pops up, I'm utterly shocked that so many people fully believe that an otherwise flawless PvE balance is mangled and ruined for the sake of PvPers. Changes are almost all based on control, and on the rare occasion that throughput is actually adjusted its because that same imbalance exists in PvE.

I get that most people prefer PvE for whatever reason, but it seems a little rude that you should think an area of the game you don't bother with should be outright removed because of imagined consequences it has on you. I don't bother with PvE anymore, but I'm not complaining about it (despite actual changes that negatively affect PvP balance--see s11 fire mages).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Every time one of these threads pops up, I'm utterly shocked that so many people fully believe that an otherwise flawless PvE balance is mangled and ruined for the sake of PvPers. Changes are almost all based on control, and on the rare occasion that throughput is actually adjusted its because that same imbalance exists in PvE.

I get that most people prefer PvE for whatever reason, but it seems a little rude that you should think an area of the game you don't bother with should be outright removed because of imagined consequences it has on you. I don't bother with PvE anymore, but I'm not complaining about it (despite actual changes that negatively affect PvP balance--see s11 fire mages).
    The problem is, Arenas do affect class balance a great amount, in fact, Blizzard got to the point where they were so sick of trying to balance classes that they said "fuck it" for 2v2 arena teams, and said 3v3 is what we are balancing class power around now.

the problem is Arenas are far too fickle and niche to allow wiggle room for class balancing, every single change affects how effective an entire class will be in arenas, and when buffs are handed out it almost assuredly skews the composition of classes that dominate the next Arena season, the same thing goes for nerfs.

And then, when blizzard finds a certain class is "outperforming" everyone else by a large margin, either because their CC's are too strong for 3's or their burst capability is too unpredictable, they proceed to heavily nerf those particular skills entirely, so much in the reverse that it almost breaks those skills' usefulness in pvp and PvE alike sometimes.

Now, I am not advocating something as stupid as removing all PvP altogether, but the Arena aspect of PvP has by far caused serious damage to the viability of certain class compositions, some of which were so severe it made their usefullness in PvE almost null and void too (cases in the past: ret paladins early cata, resto shamans, arcane mages, fury warriors, and rogues) <- each of those classes and spec builds have been affected by changes that were required because at one point in time or another they were either too effective in PvP because of a certain skillset or ability, or were buffed and causing imbalances because they were not "viable" enough in the arena rosters for too long.

Trying to deny that PvP has affected PvE in WoW is like saying the broken bone in your arm isn't why your arm is hurting in the first place.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol