10+ Year Old Account

Deathbringer Saurfang audio.

I'm looking to create a homage to Deathbringer Saurfang using Frooty Loops. I need his audio clips-- All of that, even the sounds he makes when he attacks and gets attacked. It's going to be a metal/techno thing. But I need his voice. Can anybody tell me how to go about getting the audio?
    Level 85 Illithid Mage.

The program you need to download is called MPQView. From that point you need to go into, I believe C:/Blahblah/World of Warcraft/Data/ folder. Use MPQView to open the Expansion2.mpq , and fiddle around in there.

I BELIEVE this is where DBS's audio will be located. If it isn't, just fiddle with opening other MPQs until you come across the right one. I used to extract audio for our boss kill videos, but after I reformatted my PC, I haven't gotten around to downloading MPQView again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    The program you need to download is called MPQView. From that point you need to go into, I believe C:/Blahblah/World of Warcraft/Data/ folder. Use MPQView to open the Expansion2.mpq , and fiddle around in there.

I BELIEVE this is where DBS's audio will be located. If it isn't, just fiddle with opening other MPQs until you come across the right one. I used to extract audio for our boss kill videos, but after I reformatted my PC, I haven't gotten around to downloading MPQView again.
    What a bad ass. Thank you very much.
    Level 85 Illithid Mage.

I'm actually trying to find a working MPQView now after reading your post. The MPQView i downloaded is actually crashing every time I open it. Not sure if it's on my end or not

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 12:47 AM ----------

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/mpq...-viewer-1-5-2/

There we go. Working version. I'll edit this post when I find DBS audio

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 12:55 AM ----------

Now it's coming back to me...

You also need to download a program that converts .ogg files to .mp3 files.

I located Deathbringer Saurfang's audio in the MPQ location of..

C:/Blah/World of Warcraft/Data/enUS/expansion2-speech-enUS.mpq

About 1/10th of the way down you will find..

Sound\creature\DeathbringerSaurfang\IC_Dsaurfang_Aggro01.ogg , and his dozens and dozens of sounds below that. From there, Ctrl+Click whatever you want to extract, click Export at the top. Make yourself a new folder somewhere to extract these files. From there, you'll need to use a .OGG -> .mp3 converter.

get downloaded MPQView