Voters
374. This poll is closed
  • Happy

224 59.89%
  • ANGRY

150 40.11%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    I still find it funny that so many people claim they would quit because all they do is pvp.

To each his own I guess, but why would you strictly pvp in wow when there are literally hundreds of other games where the pvp is 100% better?
    Could you name one other (MMORPG) that isn't DAoC that has less shitty PvP than WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's the "meh" section?

I don't do arenas, nor do I hate them (I'm just not interested) so I probably wouldn't care.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I really don't remember ret paladins being op at the start of cata. First it was ferals and uh dks, then there were both arms and fury warrs, followed by frost dk stupidity and then s10 mls came. I don't remember anyone playing with ret paladins at all there, they were pretty shit appart from their healing until ret/dk/priest and triple dps made them viable.

The last MLG in wotlk was won by a resto shaman team, mls was pretty sick as well, so I wouldn't say resto shamans were bad back then. Also your reasoning for them being buffed in early cata is completely wrong, it was based solely on PvE - everyone was crying that resto shamans are 15 % lower on WoL parses than other healers.

Arcane mages were overpowered during wotlk in PvE until late icc fire buffs as far as I remember, so that's why I don't understand this one either.

So nothing against you, but this feels to me like the usual "omg nerfed because of arena idiots" when in reality none of the examples really make any sense. To me.

Yea, I apologize, I am not going to say I kept track of viable specs very well over my length of PvPing, but the main point I was trying to draw is that most class specs did at one point in time or another get buffed or nerfed due to PvP reasons, I just am bad at giving some solid examples as my memory is starting to get fuzzy after being off WoW for more than a year now.

And yes, I know firsthand how bad rets were in Cataclysm, I played one :P pissed me off more than enough. I do remember that offhealing was ridiculous though with selfless healer.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Correlia View Post
    Finally, no more PvE nerfs due to stupid PvP bull crap.
    You do know that blizzard is starting to actually nerf damage in a manner of nerfing it when used on players, right?

I'd be pretty pissed. It was already a shame they removed skirmishes (never played them due to being a lowbie back in wotlk, but the idea sounded extremely convenient), but if they were to remove the actual arenas.. Idk what would happen to WoW. I'd be pretty certain WoW would lose a good amount of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Skur View Post
    I would get mad, and I don't play arena, I mostly do PvE and some battlegrounds.
    I wouldn't want to have raids removed for my sake, and I don't want others to lose their favorite part of the game either. It would only selfish to be happy about that because "then there wouldn't be any stupid nerfs". Just accept the fact that there would still be nerfs, and learn to adapt just like everyone else.
    My reaction and situation too.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont play anymore but when i did thats basically all i ever cared about, so i would have to vote id be upset. that being said and possibly a little off topic but im not entirely sure why people think it would be a good idea. you would essentially being taking away things players can do in a time when their goal is to add things players can do so it seems a little counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    You do know that blizzard is starting to actually nerf damage in a manner of nerfing it when used on players, right?
    too little and too late in my opinion but well.
    I wouldn't be angry but not happy either. I still enjoy the occasional arena game just out of boredom during farm time.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do arenas once a week for the cap and I don't like them so much, but so many stupid statements over here so...

-If they wanted a only pve game they would have introduced only one faction. World pvp was their main objective at launch and they succeed so much that the servers could not handle it so they had to instance it. Holy shit they designed a great RPG not a pve or pvp focused one, because the vanilla pvp was not just an accident.

-If they had not introduced arenas they would not have introduced flying mounts to avoid hurting world pvp among other things.

-Some pve players changes their spec for a stupid 1k dps increase on a dummie or a noob's post on the forums while they dont understand that every fight is different. It is not arenas fault if you do lees damage than others.
    Last edited by Wirzy; 2013-01-03 at 04:39 AM.

Wouldn't care much. I only played Arena during TBC where I got the Challenger rank (You can make fun of me now, that seems to be the new thing) and shortly in Wotlk. Never touched it during late Wotlk and there after. If no Arena would result in a more interesting
    BG system (Maps, reward, design etc) I would be all for it, but I know it will never happen.

Remember, my opinion.

Were u interrupting and stunning the shaman are just rolling ur face across the keyboard hoping for a quick kill.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleepz View Post
    How about we remove all PvE stuff instead and you can do nothing else but PvP including PvP leveling?.....

This game is basicly 60% pve 40% pvp and blizzard already stated they wanted MoP to be more of a pvp addon to give pvpers something too!

Also patch 5.1 is basicly a PvP themed PvE patch as you may have noticed or basicly the whole addon is and the talent tree redesign is more about pvp aswell.

If PvP gets nerfed because of PvE it's fine
    If Pve gets nerfed because of PvP backpedaling casual pvers whine about it

Let's do it the other way round instead. Remove PvE please.
    it is definitely not 40/60. Not sure what game you are playing...
    and no the talent tree is so that it is not all cookie cutter builds, not pve or pvp exclusively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... more than 50% would be happy if they were removed. Thats crazy, its not an entirely representative sample but if this was the case for the whole WoW community Blizzard could spend less resources on something only half of the community cares about and spend em in something they do.

Arenas are nothing but a guessing game anyways, and in sense a matter of luck. Thats all it is.
    Call me House.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    the easiest way to fix the pvp vs. pve discussion is to just bite the bullet and seperate the way ALL abilities/spells work between pve and pvp. ive read that they dont want to do this because its time consuming, but it would finally keep people from claiming "pve suffers because of pvp" and "pvp suffers because of pve".

the unfortunate downside to this, is if its true and it takes them awhile to seperate spells/abilities then people would bitch and complain that they spent too much time on that and not enough time on pve content, pvp content. despite the fact its something the game desperately needs

They are far from a matter of luck and the same can be said about a lot of pve fights finding bugs for world first and such.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 04:40 AM ----------

name some this expansion?
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

It would never happen because Blizzard doesn't listen to ignorant haters and remove good content just because some people don't like it and can't stop QQing about it on the forums.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 05:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    the easiest way to fix the pvp vs. pve discussion is to just bite the bullet and seperate the way ALL abilities/spells work between pve and pvp. ive read that they dont want to do this because its time consuming, but it would finally keep people from claiming "pve suffers because of pvp" and "pvp suffers because of pve".
    No, they don't want to do it because they want the game to feel like the same game whether it's PVE or PVP. And they want your character to feel the same as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Show me a glad contender team from this season with a holy priest, MM hunter, and fury warrior, please. PvP is 3 parts class/spec 1 part competency. If what you say is true (and it's not even close) then no one would ever bitch and moan about pvp balance, including gladiators.

And yes, gladiator not "high ranking"...
    because no one does it doesn't make it impossible,why would a gladiator chose to play with such weakass comps and specs?While you can enjoy a certain class or comp,there's a limit...

i cant really rack my brain around how it could be interesting farming the same scripted content for how many months
    sure pve is fun but doesnt it get boring doing the same old thing ...same fight ...press this button ...stand over here... run overthere ... loot the boss ... profit??

pvp is always changing and its always a challenge the difference between a low rated arena player and a high rated arena player other then knowledge is a high rated arena player makes no mistakes and knows how to capitalise on mistakes that i see's people make ...

i always think about arena like advance chess ... you know what all the pieces do but what the player does is his own thing