Budget Gaming Headset

As title suggests I'm looking for a relatively cheap, headset I can comfortably use with Vent/Skype and a Xbox 360.

Also, since I'm Australian, Amazon is pretty much out of the picture to buy from.

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any hardware store in Australia should have SteelSeries Siberia V2, I love that headset.

http://www.getprice.com.au/SteelSeri...Headphones.htm
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

logitec g330 served me very well until i upgraded to a more pricey headset. 20 bucks, found in most electronics stores. does Australia have best buys?

Quote Originally Posted by Imahunther View Post
    As title suggests I'm looking for a relatively cheap, headset I can comfortably use with Vent/Skype and a Xbox 360.

Also, since I'm Australian, Amazon is pretty much out of the picture to buy from.

Thanks in advance.
    The xbox portion is going to limit you to select brands, Turtle beach, Astro, Razer, and Triton. In reality they are all almost identical, and around $60-$300. I'm sure there is adapters around for other choices, but the reality of it is what do you need or want?

Quality only has to be good enough for me to have a decent skype conversation, which translates to good communication during gaming. I use surround sound for directional audio as well as a gaming chair w/ a 5.1 built in it. It isn't a cheap setup but its absolutely better, but if you just want chat headsets $40-$60 at most and USB being the easiest.

Deleted
    I use to use the turtle beach x12, it recently broke, had it about a year and half. Was a good headset, was quiet cheap also, sound quality is pretty good also.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    I use to use the turtle beach x12, it recently broke, had it about a year and half. Was a good headset, was quiet cheap also, sound quality is pretty good also.
    I also have the Turtle Beach X12's. They serve me very well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can easily recommend the Sennheiser U 320 for multiplatform use.

I find most brands out there that scream "HOLY HELL GOOD GAMING HEADSET" to be overpriced mumbo you should stay away from if you enjoy good sound over things that might look cool, while they "work" still

Logitech G35's are great for PC, don't know if they work with Xbox though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Logitech G35's are great for PC, don't know if they work with Xbox though.
    Aside from that damn annoying fabric on the cord that allows to to tangle up so so badly. I did love the G35s, but due to that cord I re-invested in the G930 (identical aside from Cordless).. Best head set ever.. Although they're probably above the budget of the OP and I'm not sure they work on XBox.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    For a cheap headset I really like the turtle beach x11 / x12. IMO they're quiet comfortable and I'm happy with the quality. Cable is nice and long and the controls on the cable are nice and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Relis View Post
    Aside from that damn annoying fabric on the cord that allows to to tangle up so so badly. I did love the G35s, but due to that cord I re-invested in the G930 (identical aside from Cordless).. Best head set ever.. Although they're probably above the budget of the OP and I'm not sure they work on XBox.
    It doesn't tangle with me, the cable is sturdy enough that it stays the same way, not sure how you treated your pair though