Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I went male orc, but I still haven't leveled it to 90 yet.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ylaya/advanced

Nuff said.

Racial wise :
    Touch of Grave works well for Tank/DPS, accounting for 1.5-2% damage. And its quite decent for sustain and unpredictable burst in PvP.
    Nothing beats back Paralysis someone in 2s while you cannibalize their partner with 10% left.
    Will of the Forsaken nuff said for all those pesky warlocks and priest, helpful too for Grand Empress.
    Undead monks? Yeah break that shit called lore!

My Horde alt (For lore curiosity, as I main Alliance.) is Orc because it gives me a regular burst button that's nearly comparable to a LFR BiS trinket's proc. Not to mention the BiS weapons for this tier are Fist Weapons.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    Undead monks? Yeah break that shit called lore!
    Whats wrong with UD Monks lorewise?

15+ Year Old Account
    I picked panda so I could level faster...lol.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I'd go orc or undead.

Deleted
    I am surprised that BElves are not mentioned more frequently really, as I see them regularly; less on my own server, but in the LFG tools literally every Monk I meet that's not a Pandaren is a (female) Belf. <- Style choice of course as the racials are clearly inferior to other races, but hey, that's what matters for loads of people
    Last edited by mmoc0db2352a9d; 2013-01-02 at 08:15 AM.

Orc, because I love big shoulders

Pandaren, first of all already had the other classes in other races so this would be my main chance for a pandaren, and the animations just flow really well on a female pandaren. Though I ALMOST wish I picked male for the /sleep animation. Almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Whats wrong with UD Monks lorewise?
    Forsaken is a conflicted race, they will to do anything for their sustenance and survival. There is never an undead that was beyond the neutral morality and most of them are under.

Monk is a class where they look towards peace, coexistence and balance which doesn't fit the Forsaken mentality their presence is in itself an unnatural thing a deviation from balance just as many a recently risen Forsaken wished they be dead only to slowly turn towards vengeance towards people who put them in that state which finally marks them a "true" Forsaken as the name implies. They have no qualms in forcing others to this cruel fate by rising them.

Deleted
    My monk is a male troll with jade-green skin and hair. Troll capoeira moves just seemed to fit perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forsaken is a conflicted race, they will to do anything for their sustenance and survival. There is never an undead that was beyond the neutral morality and most of them are under.

Monk is a class where they look towards peace, coexistence and balance which doesn't fit the Forsaken mentality their presence is in itself an unnatural thing a deviation from balance just as many a recently risen Forsaken wished they be dead only to slowly turn towards vengeance towards people who put them in that state which finally marks them a "true" Forsaken as the name implies. They have no qualms in forcing others to this cruel fate by rising them.
    Who says monks have to do those things? Last I checked, they really have no code of conduct or overall purpose like say a paladin. There's brother korloff, who is a monk and seems to enjoy killing people and acting like a dick head. And even then, not all forsaken are like that. There are argent dawn forsaken that act kind and prefer peace. Still, I can easily picture an evil forsaken monk who is still calm and disciplined.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-01-02 at 09:41 AM.

I mostly see pandas(for obvious reasons), but personally chose an orc. As far as I can tell, undead is the second most popular race.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    This thread made me wonder which Monk-race is the most rare to be seen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    This thread made me wonder which Monk-race is the most rare to be seen
    In my experience it has been draenei. Haven't seen a single one... ever.

Deleted
    On Horde I really wouldn't know - seen them all, and all in very low amounts; with Tauren and Troll possibly being lowest.
    On Alliance I'd blindly aim at Dwarves. Not met a single one, which is a letdown because I really like how the Monk animations look on Dwarves.

I was a male pandaren when i first rolled a monk. I got tired of the animations and the way leather looks on them, so i changed to a male troll. The capoeira moves look pretty sweet, and the amani garb looks perfect on them.

I think you seem to confuse Monks and Druids a lot, i've read a lot of the lore about them, first their primary objective was to fight an oppressor, thats how they came to be, i've yet to see anything mentioning Monks have to be peace-loving. Secondly the only balance they try to find is within themselves, it has nothing to do with Nature.

Besides you're generalising an entire race based on one archetype. Don't remember reading anywhere forsakens are forced to be genocidal psychos, unlike lets say the Scarlet Crusade, that had Monks within their ranks since forever. And no, Forsakens aren't forced to be evil either, or Monks aren't forced to be good either for that matter. Personally i can see a great deal of story potential in the class/race combo lorewise.

Besides, if we're going to be generalising races, Orcs and Trolls don't really fit the "peace and balance" loving personalities either.

Deleted
    Alliance side I'm thinking Dwarf/Draenei to be most rare and for Horde its probably Tauren/Troll on my server.

Rarest seems to be Troll Horde-side. Haven't met any as far as i can recall, seen of every other races tough. Hell one of my guild's main tank is a Tauren monk, wich are prolly the oddest to look at, specially when using RSK. They don't really seem physically fit or flexible enough for the task, but at the same time if a fat panda-man can do it...