Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    THIS IS A PART OF A GAMEMASTERS JOB.

Why doesn't people understand this? It's a VIDEOGAME not a supermarket where you just have to point to where the butter is and then be done with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, just wow. you people need a dose of fun in your life.

Customer Service is a very VERY stressful job, you can never win, you are always wrong, and you are every bad name/word in the book.

To take 5 minutes to respond to a joke question and relax could be a life saver, Go to a deparment story and hangout in the return section to see how much shit those people have to take everyday and compare it to the millions of tickets GMs get to see why questions like this is a needed break.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Problem isn't the GM. Problem is the OP.

There's nothing wrong with GMs having fun. The GM who answered my very first ticket turned me into a ninja. It was before I knew how to do that myself and so it was the coolest thing ever.

However, in this instance, the OP is wasting the GM's time with a question he knows is not legitimate. Nothing wrong with GMs having fun. There is definitely something wrong with people intentionally distracting them from their jobs though.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted
    love it when take the time to answer such questions

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    If I ask a GM why I only got gold from using my lucky token in raids would you be as upset about me wasting the GMs time as someone asking a fun question? The OP question would take little to no time to answer, my question there would take longer and is even more pointless. Also, happy workers are more productive, endlessly reading "I didnt get valor points from killing a raid boss, please fix now" when said person is at the cap, or 'I cant do the shartuul event in BEM' are pointless and a full waste of time.

Secondly, if you have been playing 6 years and only made 5-6 tickets then im concerned you have been ignoring people exploiting the game which in turn leads to increased ticket wait times, either you dont get out much in the world, or you choose to not report botters or game hacks, both of which cause problems to other people and the more left alone the more problems they cause (and also subsequently leading to account hacks and restores). Ive made 6 tickets since MoP launched, all for hackers/botters alone, and hundreds in the 6 years ive made. Ive made maybe 3-4 not related to hackers/exploiters and those were in strict relevance to a issue in game that could only be solved by a GM - Loot on the wrong person in raid when masterloot would not work, guildy being hacked as we watched, a guild bank restore after someone got hacked, and a mob dying underground and unable to be looted (rare mob during BC).

As for people being hacked, seriously why doesnt everyone have an authenticator by now, I could understand new players, but such a simple security step, which doesnt really cost anything and is almost hack proof. IMO Anyone getting hacked without an authenticator nowadays is wasting the GM's time also. Same as people asking for a restore because they vendored/DE'd the wrong items, ive done it, but I didnt cry to get a restore, I simply either farmed it again, or cut my losses.

Your opinion is the OP ticket is irresponsible, my opinion is that all the ones ive listed above are irresponsible as they could all be solved by the player, or the forums.

All pointless questions make GM waste time, yes.

Workers find their happiness around them, you dont dictate how they should have that happiness.

I only made one ticket about people exploiting the game, i did some right click report ones that i dont count as tickets.
    I dont report botters because i have no way to make sure it is one and i dont want to waste people's time in a ban that they dont deserve.

There are many cons to authenticators, they should not be a requirement. Blizzard security outside authenticators has improved lately anyway.

The OP ticket was irresponsible, and he is abusing the ticket system for personal joy, he is not better than a chat spammer, a corpse camper or a griefer of any kind.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 05:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    GM takes time from a busy day to make a joke, people rage. It seems like quite a few people in here have never had a job. He isn't operating on people, it's okay to take a few minutes to change pace.
    I have no problem with the GM. The GM did nothing wrong, he replied to a ticket. The one that did something wrong was the one opening the pointless stupid ticket in the first place.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 05:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Problem isn't the GM. Problem is the OP.

There's nothing wrong with GMs having fun. The GM who answered my very first ticket turned me into a ninja. It was before I knew how to do that myself and so it was the coolest thing ever.

However, in this instance, the OP is wasting the GM's time with a question he knows is not legitimate. Nothing wrong with GMs having fun. There is definitely something wrong with people intentionally distracting them from their jobs though.
    This. I dont know how people fail to understand this simple concept.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 05:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, people like you are bad for the community because you attack people for having fun in a game.
    If your fun comes at the expense of someone else real problems not being attended, then yes, i will attack your fun.

I am tired of selfish people that think their enjoyment is above everything.

The real problem of: "I accidentally sold an item last month and now I want it back!!!" or "That guy is a botter, ban him!"?

Who the hell do you think to dictate what they can or can't do at their job?
    At their job? I never said the GM did wrong in replying, i even said that he did the right thing atrep´lying.

You should read the posts before replying. I have no issue whatsoever with the GM, the GM did nothing wrong, he provided a clever answer to a ticket.

The one doing the wrong here is the OP making the useless, stupid, pointless ticket in the first place.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    At their job? I never said the GM did wrong in replying, i even said that he did the right thing atrep´lying.

You should read the posts before replying. I have no issue whatsoever with the GM, the GM did nothing wrong, he provided a clever answer to a ticket.

The one doing the wrong here is the OP making the useless, stupid, pointless ticket in the first place.
    People who make tickets like the OP are usually newer to the game, and wonder about certain things and may not know any better way to find out the answers to their questions. I am an old veteran, and I certainly want to foster a more friendly attitude towards these people who may still have curiousities about the game and for them WoW may still have a certain newness to it.

So I say, keep asking your questions. When I meet people in game with a newer and fresher perspective, it can often be refreshing to my own perspective. Takes a little bit of the jaded-ness away and makes me smile a bit.

A non-serious answer to a non-serious question. Which probably took 2 minutes to type.

Deleted
    I always ask for a GM joke when i am done with them, they have a whole set of them, this is my favorite "why don't warriors enchant their weapons with int? - because they don't want their weapon to be smarter then they are!"

If you don't believe me, next time you open a ticket, when they Finnish and say "is there anything else i can help you with today?" Respond with " can i have a famous GM joke please?". they never say no

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    I always ask for a GM joke when i am done with them, they have a whole set of them, this is my favorite "why don't warriors enchant their weapons with int? - because they don't want their weapon to be smarter then they are!"

If you don't believe me, next time you open a ticket, when they Finnish and say "is there anything else i can help you with today?" Respond with " can i have a famous GM joke please?". they never say no
    Rarely will they just say "no".

Most of the time, at least in my case, they'll be like "I would love to...blah blah, but I am needed elsewhere" or some sorta stuff like that.

Deleted
    If i was the GM and i saw that useless piece of garbage ticket, i would permaban you for wasting my time that i couldve used to help actual people in need.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 01:54 AM ----------

The real problem of: "I accidentally sold an item last month and now I want it back!!!" or "That guy is a botter, ban him!"?

Who the hell do you think to dictate what they can or can't do at their job?
    I'm the guy who had to wait 4 days for a Gm to fix a bug that prevented me from logging onto my main, which for some reason could not log out. When i closed wow i could login with another character and i could see my main standing there.

And i had to wait 4 days to get it fixed, thanks in part to cunts like the OP flooding the ticket system with inane bullshit.

Thats who.

Now piss off and go smoke some weed you fuckin trashbag.

Mod Edit: No need for insults.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-01-03 at 10:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck you all, this GM is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    People who make tickets like the OP are usually newer to the game, and wonder about certain things and may not know any better way to find out the answers to their questions. I am an old veteran, and I certainly want to foster a more friendly attitude towards these people who may still have curiousities about the game and for them WoW may still have a certain newness to it.

So I say, keep asking your questions. When I meet people in game with a newer and fresher perspective, it can often be refreshing to my own perspective. Takes a little bit of the jaded-ness away and makes me smile a bit.
    There are official forums for that.
    I dont think the OP is a new player seeking info, its just a bored guy abusing a system for his own enjoyment.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 09:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    Fuck you all, this GM is cool.
    For the tenth time i think, the GM is cool, the GM reply was perfect, the GM did nothing wrong.

The one that did something wrong is the OP by opening the pointless ticket in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by lollze View Post

I'm the guy who had to wait 4 days for a Gm to fix a bug that prevented me from logging onto my main, which for some reason could not log out. When i closed wow i could login with another character and i could see my main standing there.

And i had to wait 4 days to get it fixed, thanks in part to cunts like the OP flooding the ticket system with inane bullshit.

Thats who.

Now piss off and go smoke some weed you fuckin trashbag.
    Aawww, poor you and your first world problems. Ever thought that the GM saw your ticket and wasn't bothered with the same repetitive bullsh*t at that moment, and he just skipped your ticket for later answering? Can't blame him, customer support is one of the most undervalued jobs ever. I can't believe how narrow minded some people are that they start raging over non-game issue tickets. Grow some patience.

Deleted
    To OP and all you other worthless scrubs, who waste GM's time on stuff like this. I sincerely hope the worst happens to your accounts.

Think about it for a sec. If just 1% of all of us, thinks its innocent to spam shit like this to GM's and just 1% of us makes a pathetic ticket like that every month, that perhaps take just 5 mins to read and reply to. Thats 100.000 tickets a month or about 8.500 hours used. Lets now say art/content developers gets maybe 3-4 times the pay and then we're down to 10 fulltime content developers, working 10 hours a day, 20 days a month. What if its 2,3 or 5%?? So the next time youre about to open i new shitty ticket, so you and only you can sit and giggle about the answer for a few minutes, think about if its worth it.

Here are some numbers Blizzard gave us in 2009.

Team size at Blizzard
    ■ Game Design: 37
    ■ Cinematics: 123
    ■ Platform Services: 245
    ■ Quality Assurance: 218
    ■ International Offices Population: 1,724
    ■ Game Masters: 2,056
    ■ Billing: 240
    ■ Quality Control: 67
    ■ Technical Support: 121
    ■ Online Technologies: 149
    Now some support is always needed for the really serious cases (not my achievement is bugged or that dungeon boss i didnt need loot from, couldnt be looted bla bla). But just imagine what kinda game we could have if Blizz didnt feel the need to serve scrubs like OP and the rest of you and they could move the human resource part to development.

10+ Year Old Account
    While that GM's response was cute, my personal belief is that such playful musings might be better suited for blizzard Forums. That way, if you get a Blue response, it will pop up on the Blue Tracker and everyone can get their /chuckle.

However, I don't understand all of the vitriol in this thread. I seriously doubt this ticket is the reason your character was stuck an extra 5min because it fell through the map in a BG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamse View Post
    If just 1% of all of us, thinks its innocent to spam shit like this to GM's and just 1% of us makes a pathetic ticket like that every month...
    Which doesn't happen. Hell, if anything it's perhaps a couple thousand people who even think of making a ticket like that and even then I highly doubt they'd post one every month.

Seriously people, there's so much overreacting in this thread it's quite sickening.

And again! It's highly probable that a GM would answer this ticket during their spare time. Think of them what you may, they're generally quite professional folks (at least from my experience).

AND AGAIN! GMs often work on several tickets at the same time. This means that again claims of tickets spamming the queue and holding back others are grossly exaggerated.