Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamse View Post
    How about.. If you dont wanna do and see the content again, dont fucking do it.
    Sick of this "i have a main, i deserve all other classes at max lvl by clicking a button in the menu" shit!
    What would be so bad about that? Think about it. It's not that it's hard to reach max level without having any clue about the class just pushing 3 buttons. It's just a few annoying and boring days. So don't come with the "you need to level to learn the class" BS. Leveling Alts is just a drag and if they gave us a way to get Level 90 alts it would do no harm, just less annoyed customers.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope in time they remove that blood restriction on cloud serpents down the line. I love there mounts but having to get to exalted each time just to use them is bad for alts.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I love the people talking like wanting to move around faster is `wanting things handed to me for free` your missing the point entirly? what exactly is repeating the leveling process at the same tedious pace as before thanks to movement restrictions achieving? its not making the game any harder its not about being able to fly over mobs etc its about not taking ages to get between quest locations and pcs, traveltime achieves nothing so your point means nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Things are generally a little bit less inevitable and a little less a given this time around. I kind of grew into liking that somehow. If this was Cata or WotLK, I would have a completely raid-geared main character and 2 or 3 valor-equipped alts and all professions maxed out by now. This time around, I don't even have a raid-geared toon yet, and some of my alts aren't even 90, and I'm still working on some professions.
    I was maxed out professions by the first week. Even if my chars werent lvl 90.

And I currently have 1 Full raid geared and 1 full lfr geared.

BTW the only reason I don't have more chars in 90 that i have is because i HATE the questing in mist. It was fun the first time. It was oaky the second. It was hateful the 3rd. and now I have 3 chars I can't get to 90 cause i hate the lvl'ing. Gives us flying and I might force myself to actually lvl my char's
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Ive got to agree with the OP. Spending time riding around on your mount is not fun or challenging, its literally just a way to waste your time and make it feel like Blizz has provided us with lots of content. This is one reason why speed hacks are so popular.

hopefully they dont do this. its annoying as it is when i wanna kill a 90 in pandaria and he just flies off so it would be extremly annoying when i wanna attack someone on an alt while im leveling for a good fight if he can just fly off. silly idea imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Would be cool if there were an Account Bound book for sale somewhere, which would teach you MoP flying skill, requires lvl 90 for the vendor to open up for sale and the actual item would require lvl 85.

I think WotLK had similar system..

Tome of Cold Weather Flight
    The Tome required a level 80 character to buy it, that's correct. At the beginning you've bought it for 1000 gold, and then you thought about it very good to which toon you are going to send it now. Because you could buy only one. It was unique.

Use: Teaches you Cold Weather Flying, allowing you to fly in Northrend. This tome is consumed when read.
    It was available from the trainer at Krasus landing.

Down the road the tome had basically 3 changes..
    1. 1 toon limitation was lifted.
    2. Price went down from 1000 to 100
    3. tome was removed entirely, and the skill learned from the regular flight trainer.

I support to leave it as it is right now. We have too many flyers already in the air, and Blizzard did acknowledge that in one way or another.
    Imho the main mistake on Blizzards end is not the amount of flyers around now, but their sizes.
    If one compares the original faction flyers, they had a decent size. The next step was the Netherwing Drakes. They've been bigger already, but they are still significantly smaller than most other mounts these days. Someone in the Dev dept is obsessed with sizes.. I don't know what that is. But often enough it makes no sense, and is neither optically attractive (huge loss of esthetic) , nor does it help the game play. Over-sized weapons, and gear, over-sized mounts.

And on top of it all, the lack of knowledge about proper character interactions with targets. People tend to stay right on top of the targets, for some unknown reason they don't comprehend that one could stand literally 12 game yards away from an NPC and can still interact.... Give it a try, go to some NPC and back off from it, see how far away one could actually be, and still be able to interact. Given, that only works on the ground. If some dork hovers on top of the npc, the mount wings interfere nonetheless. Now, I can interact with the target, no matter how many sit on top of it. But it shouldn't be that way. I shouldn't have to need keybinds for literally almost everything. The convenience factor suffers, when the simplicity declines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not create the option of making level 90 characters if you've got 1-5 characters at that level already.

Why not give the option to the players when creating a level 90 character, what gear to equip it with (463 being max, until tier 15 is released, then the cap is raised)

See where it's all going OP?, the above are no more unreasonable "ideas" for an MMO then yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinky View Post
    Ive got to agree with the OP. Spending time riding around on your mount is not fun or challenging, its literally just a way to waste your time and make it feel like Blizz has provided us with lots of content. This is one reason why speed hacks are so popular.
    The only problem I really have is a player related issue. Some think outside the box, some don't. One of my alts is a gatherer, and I admit that it sometimes annoyed me when some lvl 90 circled into the very starter area to snatch all the herbs/ore... There's a whole continent out there. One really doesn't have to resort to the few locations that fresh toons can reach. If everyone had that mindset, it would be almost impossible to level up a gathering profession decently before one reaches level 90.
    Gladly it's only a few "douche bags" doing that.. So there would be a slight help.
    An interesting feature would be a dynamic flying system. One can only fly in the current level adequate zone. You level up, you unlock the flying for the next zone as well. And of course, only on alts..... Yet again, what about newcomers? Those that start the game and level with their mains still? They getting quite a disadvantage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Why not create the option of making level 90 characters if you've got 1-5 characters at that level already.

Why not give the option to the players when creating a level 90 character, what gear to equip it with (463 being max, until tier 15 is released, then the cap is raised)

See where it's all going OP?, the above are no more unreasonable "ideas" for an MMO then yours.
    not really blizz said they wanted ground mounts so we would explore and discover and see the land scape, now people who have levelled to 90 have explored discovered and seen the land scape so what is not flying on an alt adding? walking down the same path on every alt, seeing the same thing over and over again on each alt, wasting time that could be saved by flying.

levelling a second char using flying doesn't adversely affect the game like your ideas, it just makes it more convenient you are still doing quests, you are still doing as much combat (you have to be pretty bad to get caught in combat running between hubs and quest points) so really the only thing it does is saves a bit time and makes it more convenient than having to run across half a zone. ground or fly you still don't get attacked much and you can still ignore anything that hits you and just keep running. so the only difference is there is less wasted time following paths and running between quest hubs on the second time round.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamse View Post
    How about.. If you dont wanna do and see the content again, dont fucking do it.

Sick of this "i have a main, i deserve all other classes at max lvl by clicking a button in the menu" shit!
    /cheers & claps

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm leveling my 5th alt and I enjoy not having a flying mount until max level, but that's just me.
    Originally Posted by cutterx2202
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    not really blizz said they wanted ground mounts so we would explore and discover and see the land scape, now people who have levelled to 90 have explored discovered and seen the land scape so what is not flying on an alt adding? walking down the same path on every alt, seeing the same thing over and over again on each alt, wasting time that could be saved by flying
    dodging and outsmart all the roaming mob that can significantly interfere too....

Give you an example:
    Jade Forest, You have to reach the top of the hill where you have to kill some guy. To do so, you gotta clean out his surrounding. Kill mob after mob, until you finally reach him... Now, I come. on my shiny mount. Flying above, just falling down on that guy and kill him.. All your work, all your cleaning out the interfering mob, all for nothing. Cause I kill it now. Or I take the item. Or I kill the rare... And all of those multiple reasons only happen because I can fly, and you don't.
    Not everyone plays alts. There's new players joining the game every day. There are new level 85's starting out every day.

the challenges on the ground, by being tied to the ground are part of the leveling experience.
    We've lived with that situation for many years, and no one had a problem with it. And actually, that part is something almost everyone who played back then agrees on, was a lot better.
    People complain about the loss of community sense in the game. Well..... flying is one big part of why it declined.
    Fly in, kill target, fly out.... No interaction needed with others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    dodging and outsmart all the roaming mob that can significantly interfere too....

Give you an example:
    Jade Forest, You have to reach the top of the hill where you have to kill some guy. To do so, you gotta clean out his surrounding. Kill mob after mob, until you finally reach him... Now, I come. on my shiny mount. Flying above, just falling down on that guy and kill him.. All your work, all your cleaning out the interfering mob, all for nothing. Cause I kill it now. Or I take the item. Or I kill the rare... And all of those multiple reasons only happen because I can fly, and you don't.
    Not everyone plays alts. There's new players joining the game every day. There are new level 85's starting out every day.

the challenges on the ground, by being tied to the ground are part of the leveling experience.
    We've lived with that situation for many years, and no one had a problem with it. And actually, that part is something almost everyone who played back then agrees on, was a lot better.
    People complain about the loss of community sense in the game. Well..... flying is one big part of why it declined.
    But its not `work` clearing out mobs is not challenging in the slighest, all not being able to fly is doing is annoying people trying to level alts its not making the game anymore challenging for them just making them bored by having to repeat content at the slowest pace possible. thats should not be the objective in a video game which is meant to be `fun`

10+ Year Old Account
    You just demonstrated the reason why quest mobs are multi-tag.

Deleted
    I just hope they will fix cloud serpents for alts, even meta achievement mounts share this bullshit.
    Worst mount ever is the Alani mount that has...exalted August Celestials slapped on it for NO REASON WHATSOEVER!!!

What's the point of having account wide rare mounts if such bullshit features still persist? Who will max those reps on alts after this content is rendered obsolete?
    Right now you can at least get some decent rewards for having revered on multiple chars - access to 489 VP stuff (less relevant over time, as it's easier and faster to boost an alt and use his VP for gear upgrades)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pol-Kinabol View Post
    I'm leveling my 5th alt and I enjoy not having a flying mount until max level, but that's just me.
    Because having the ability to fly means you can't use your ground mounts, right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Many here have already seen all of Pandaria from the ground but oddly enough some haven't gotten around to doing the zone. Don't break the immersion blizz.

Yep, flying is one of the worst things that has happened to the game. Everything they do to minimize that damage is a step in the right direction.

I would love a similar tome in MoP. That would be awesome.

Sadly, GC did say they don't want to do it.