So, Witch Doctor...

Just hit 60 last night on my WD, and currently I'm wondering if it's worth it to gear him up for ubers? I was thinking I could just use my Barb for farming, while using a different character to kill uber bosses. Does WD do well with ubers?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/J.../hero/29250763

I pretty much just gave him my Wizard's gear when he hit 60, and bought a few WD pieces. Here are his stats fully buffed
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Until you can spam bears endlessly with life leech, there are better chars for ubers. Witch doctors are very good on low mp lvls, purely gear based at higher lvls or against high hp ubers.

Isn't every class "purely gear based" at high MPs, though?

Currently tearing through MP3 right now, pretty easy so far. I'm just really enjoying the gameplay, especially Spirit Walk. However, just like on my Wizard, mobs hit really hard (even with ~650 all resist) so I generally have to stay away from mobs. Luckily though, pretty much everything just melts upon contact with zombie bears, and I heal any damage with life steal.
    Last edited by Vook; 2013-01-02 at 01:56 AM.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

The biggest problem with WD in my opinion is mana resource and regen mechanics. The set bonus gives mana back on kill, which does not help for uber/elites. It helps you blast through packs of mobs, combined with the pickup radius offhand, I think it makes WD fun for farming lower MP for legendaries without having to walk over gold. Wizards can get back arcane power on crits, Barbs get fury from giving and receiving damage, it just feels like something is broken with WD. Maybe it's just me...

Yeah, that's one problem I'm facing: OOMing on elites. I'm either running away, or spamming a weak attack, while I wait for mana to regen so I can use my actually good spells.

They either need to reduce mana costs, give WD more mana, or introduce "mana on crit" or something. Because the other four classes all have "resource on crit" that they can easily work into their builds, WD has nothing of the sort.