Poll: My new year celebration was

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How was your new year celebration?

How was your new year celebration?
    Mine was good, it was a gathering of some family and we had a game to play.
    On the way home, on the street there was a drunk girl (with a drink in her hand) yelling for a taxi how she really needs one. I asked my wife if we can pick her up, but that joke didn't go over well.

Pretty good. Had a smallish gathering at a friends, drinks, walk to the beach for a swim and watch the fireworks from the harbour. And back to the house for drinks and accidentally drinking a friends drink that had LSD in it so that, made the night interesting...I think.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sucked where I was, no one but myself and my girlfriend. Lot of fireworks but none from our neighborhood. Looked like everyone was asleep or away
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty alright, only myself, played halo 4 into the new year, and then watched a movie comforting my cats who where all over the place.. *Shakes fist at fireworks*

Deleted
    Awesome. My cat and I had lots of fun together.

Mine was nice the husband, myself, and our three month old stayed in to avoid the drunk drivers and had a little spread with some beer, wine, and a little champagne to ring in the new year (my husband and I, of course, no alcohol for the baby lol). Played Dishonored and talked about everything that happened this past year. It was such a nice change from bar hopping.

Deleted
    I am not sure, do not remember much of it.

Deleted
    Went to view the Fireballs in Stonehaven, too many people there though, so we couldn't get in. The Red Hot Chili Pipers were playing in the Square though, tickets to get into the main area however. So in true Aberdonian fashion, we stood outside to listen instead of paying. Fuckin' awesome stuff mind; anyone who says bagpipes sound terrible has clearly never heard Thunderstruck played on the bagpipes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought it'd be crap with my recent break-up with one I really liked. But with the support of my good friend Jack Daniels and a lot of other friends(real ones), I pulled through it. And hey, I got introduced to the shadow-side with some of my friends

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    was good, drank some beers, some malibu, some cognac, somed some cigars, cigarettes, skunk, had some fun with fireworks, was awesome with 2 friends, of mine, and alot other people i dont know because i was in the other end of the country than i was used to

I woke up at midnight to a bunch of pot-banging and firecrackers. Couldn't get back to sleep for twenty minutes.

But all in all, not too bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was good. Spent some time with a few people, small enough crowd that I felt comfortable with even if I would have never gone out by my own initiative. Had a few rounds rounds of whiskey and vodka, and also got to try Bacardi 252 which was..... interesting. No fireworks here, but I've always been impartial to those. Also got to watch the IT Crowd with drunk people while I was merely tipsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I woke up at midnight to a bunch of pot-banging and firecrackers. Couldn't get back to sleep for twenty minutes.

But all in all, not too bad.
    I was awakened by a kitten, which is an all and all glorious experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    It was rainy and wet and cold and dark and lonely.
    So pretty good
    I have a feeling you would love my home town

I had a great time, as had our guests. Quite shitty weather though, but still a heck of alot of fireworks going off.
    Was a bit shaky when I woke up today, had a bit of a hungover so sorting out all the dishes and cleaning up(nothing too bad, some small booze stains thats all) wasn't too fun, but worth it.

Good turn up, packed house, happy and familiar faces, good drinks, good ganja, and good old tongue hockey with the missus under the stars at midnight. In short a good night.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Played league of legends with my husband and a friend, watched the fireworks on TV and then watched a movie .... avoided getting freezing cold and soaking wet... made fun of my friends this morning who logged on to chat with horrible hangovers and had a big lunch with family to toast the new year today Pretty easy going.

Was ill, it sucked, missed my ex very much blabla you know the drill. Here's hoping 2013 - 2014 will be more fun.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

It was ok, went to a super loud place (could swear it got 2x louder since last year). Food was good, had a pretty good time. Unlike last year, people started leaving before midnight, which was a bit perplexing.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Deleted
    i was in London, stood at horseguards parade, a decent view, not as great as i wanted, but still pretty cool. but jesus, so many people. spending it in London with some friends was pretty fun though

Deleted
    It was surprisingly ok, I expected it to be horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was sick

nomming ibuprofen and sinus pills

there was no vodka or cheezits or teeny tiny sausages with barbecue sauce

Deleted
    It was nice.
    I played WoW 'til ~11:50 PM and then went to bed; had no problems falling asleep despite all the noise outside.