Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Once a player reaches 30 max sanity, Yogg stops casting any of his sanity reducing attacks on that player. Previously applied Brain Link or Malady can still bring you below 30 if people screw up. Skulls that reduce sanity in the visions always reduce sanity regardless of current sanity.
    Nope. When there is no one above 30sanity he will happily cast it on you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Draeblin View Post
    Nope. When there is no one above 30sanity he will happily cast it on you again.
    Strange, I don't recall that happening back in Cataclysm.

If he is still casting this stuff on you when everyone is below 30 sanity then it is a bug and probably should let blizz know, it wouldn't be the first time they managed to break an old boss (see also: kael MC bug when 5.0 hit).
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    I'm doing Yogg 25 +0 with a group consisting of me and 3 others every week, goes down easily enough. It's doable with 3 people but a lot more RNG with people getting insane etc.
    Also psychosis DOES hit people with under 30 sanity, if there's no other targets available. When we tried to 3 man it we often had either everyone getting down to 4-16 sanity as the first brainportal got out (without bouncing malady obviously), and most of the time we'd instead have one person going insane while one of us were at 28 sanity instead. Since everyone was below 30 sanity it casted randomly anyway.

It is however doable with 3 but considerably safer with 4 people.
    I know there's been a video of a warlock soloing Yogg 25 +0, but I think it was done on the MoP beta servers (correct me if I'm wrong), and there psychosis worked as been said by a few here, that it stops casting once you reach ~30 sanity, this is however not the case on live, if intended or not I dont know. I also can't remember exactly how it was back in wotlk, but I'm pretty sure the 30 sanity "safe" thing was added at a later point (either ICC or in cata or something) to avoid getting screwed over by RNG.

Anyway if anyone has trouble doing this with 4 or so people this is what we do: 1 tank (blood DK), 3 dps (rogue, retri, mage).
    P1: Just pop clouds and get through it asap, no big deal.

P2: Stay close to eachother at all times (to break constrictors, not take any sanityloss from brain link). However you need to be on the ball when someone gets malady, no problem to get OOR for it to jump though. We prio tentacles as following: constrictor > corruptor > big mofo. However if the corruptor is far away and the big one is close, we just kill that in a driveby kinda style on our way.
    Everyone goes into the brainroom (however if someone has less than 10 sanity that person just stays out and keeps killing tentacles). We easily kill the brain in one go.

P3: Kill remaining corruptors and if more than 1 big tentacle up, kill those aswell. DK picks adds up, we pop BL and kill before the first heal. (When we were in lower gearlevels we had the DK pick up the adds away from the boss by getting healing aggro / dropping D&D where the 3 dpsers stood, this way the heal only hit the adds which he survived and AoEd down again on his own). Just be careful for the gaze from yogg if you're low sanity and it's cake.
    Last edited by mmoc898f6b28e8; 2013-01-03 at 03:55 PM.

The drop rate is better on the BMAH than it is off Yogg.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by shamental View Post
    I don't think I was talking about malady of the mind at all, I said psychosis since is the only skill yogg spams in 25 man (it has a cooldown on 10 man) and the other abilities have a 30secs cooldown, so while all the other abilities require some kind of "skill" to avoid, you can't do nothing about psychosis unless you counter it by having a lot of people. We tried like 6 times and they were all wipes in less than 1 min because of the psychosis spam. While it might be true that you don't lose sanity below 30% by psychosis, having only 3 people increases the chances of same people getting the other abilities that reduces sanity, like the link or the fear. So unless you have 3 paladins or dks (if antimagic works, idk) I don't think you can't avoid the sanity loss fast enough to get into last phase.
    The way I understand the fight is that Psychosis shouldn't be cast on players under 40 energy.
    We've made one additional change to a specific element of the Yogg-Saron fight. Since the fight went live, there has been a hidden protection for players that prevents the casting of Psychosis and Malady of the Mind on targets with less than 30 Sanity
    I could be wrong on how it operates, but that seems to tell me that it should stop casting if everyone is under 40 (I know the quote says 30, but the quote is incomplete).

I mentioned Malady because you said "loss of sanity that jumps from a player to another". The only thing in the fight that jumps is Malady.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    They don't get cast on people below 30 or so sanity IF other people are around who have more sanity than that. If it only has targets below that threshold, you'll be losing sanity too.

The solution is to either take enough people who can catch those -12 hits or - we yet have to try this - send EVERYONE down, so that nobody will remain upstairs. Due to last Saturday's Blizzard server outage, we didn't get around to testing the latter strat.
    No, im pretty certain they dont get cast, period, on players at low sanity. Are you absolutely sure that it does, that it can't be contributed to other sanity loss thing?

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 03:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    The drop rate is better on the BMAH than it is off Yogg.
    Once again, the blizzard website lists Mim's head drop chance as High. Since WoWarmory tends to get its data from BLIZZARD's servers, I would assume that its correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Been doing Yogg 25man 0 light quite a few times with 5-8 people. And I can say for sure that it's still being cast when we are all on low sanity.

Then it appears to be a change that wasn't mentioned in recent patches, just like the Brunnhildar Axe (1 hand) no longer having the trademark 4-6 frost damage per hit like all the other Brunnhildar weapons. Most likely done to make it too difficult to solo with the ever increasing gear we get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been doing Yogg'Saron 25 man with 6 people.... on our 3 week the mount drop my warrior friend won it... then she got the Onyxia drake today and will never use Mimiron's head anymore ;c Also i think it's a 4% drop rate according to some friends.