How does Guardian of Ancient Kings scale? (Ret)

I've tried looking up the information I want to know but can't find anything. I'm assuming he scales on our crit, haste, attack power, and hit/expertise, akin to other class pets. However, I'm curious if he scales on our stats when we use the skill itself (similar to a DK ghoul, all of our stats upon activation are saved with that pet for as long as it's active), or if he scales depending on our stat changes during his duration (like a hunter pet). Also, is heroism/lust his own specific buff or does he scale off of mine? Should I pop him before or after heroism is used?

Thanks.

I'm not sure as far as scaling go, but I always try to line up Guardian and Wings with Bloodlust. Usually pop them right after lust hits.

Not sure on how far the pet actually scales, I have noticed it hitting harder with the more gear I get. I do feel it has more of a ghoul/garg feel, so logically I think it has a static scale. I do know it will scale with your gear in the fact that the more str you get the more the %str will become better.

I also know in 4.1 they fixed it so GotAK benefits from RETS hit/exp.

Patch 4.1.0 (26-April-2011): Casting Guardian of Ancient Kings no longer resets the auto-attack swing timer.; The Retribution version of Guardian of Ancient Kings now benefits from the paladin’s hit and expertise.
    As far as should you save it to line up with lust/haste trink proc/etc, I wouldn't cause you want to be able to use it as many times as possible and it's most beneficial to line it up with your other RET CDs/pre pot for max str/dmg.

Best use for GotAK with HA is pre pot > +combat > pop GotAK in melee range > wait about 10 secs > pop HA > Wings > collect crazy deeps. This way you'll have the full %str bonus while all CDs are up. In longer fights it will be up a second time and if you hold off on pop'n it the second time right away(cause you won't be able to pop it a 3rd time, unless you are doing H sha) all your CDs will line up 1 more time usually in execute phase too which is gnarly deeps.

If you are using AW it's pre pot > +combat > GotAK in melee> wings > collect.

Not sure I helped at all with your question, but from what I've seen from my own damage experience this yields the best results. I'll keep looking for the actually pet scaling coefficients and post them here if I find anything.

EDIT: I did a little more reading, apparently it doesn't inherit the pally's crit(does 200% crit dmg though) and It's coeff is based off the pally's SP.
    Last edited by Ospreyozh; 2013-01-01 at 08:44 PM.

GoAK updates dynamically with your AP. He benefits from haste, don't remember about crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Balhale View Post
    GoAK updates dynamically with your AP. He benefits from haste, don't remember about crit.
    Doesn't it snapshot Stre and Haste on the moment of cast too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Doesn't it snapshot Stre and Haste on the moment of cast too.
    Scaling dynamically means that it doesn't take a snapshot, because it updates its stats every time yours change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Scaling dynamically means that it doesn't take a snapshot, because it updates its stats every time yours change.
    You're a funny dude.

I know what it means, just surprised.. last time I heard of it, it was thought to snapshot.
    I wasn't debating either, just further inquiring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I believe it did take a snapshot in Cataclysm. It seems like every pet scales dynamically with the master's stats now.