Heroic Tsulong: Who gets Light of Day?

Started working on this tonight, and I voiced that I (Druid) should get it, since HoTs carry the healing after the buff wears off. Shaman instantly said no, she would be getting it because she outgears me. To be fair, she does outgear me, but it's only 493 vs 500 (I have horrible luck with drops and coins).

I did some digging through worldoflogs, and there's no heroic parses, but Shamans seem to be destroying everybody anyways, so I'm kind of assuming she might be right anyways since Breath is essentially the same mechanic as LoD.

Who should we be giving it to? Maybe even our Paladin/Priest (depending on who we bring as 3rd healer)?

There is heroic logs but they aren't tagged as such. I would recommend you go to a guilds WoL that you know kills it, and just click their Tsulong kills to find one that matches the fight length / damage requirements of a Heroic kill and not a Normal kill.

Deleted
    Just do the fight twice and do a rough estimate? That's the best I can help.

10+ Year Old Account
    We used monks.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Shamans are very, very good for the buff in the first day phase specifically because of Ancestral Guidance. In the second one they're more on par with other healers.

Doesn't matter who gets it. Whoever has cooldowns available at the time should use it. Healing Tsulong isn't the hard part of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadoz View Post
    Doesn't matter who gets it. Whoever has cooldowns available at the time should use it. Healing Tsulong isn't the hard part of the fight.
    Whoever does the most healing with buff = Less damage required.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadoz View Post
    The day phase is the "DPS phase" for healers, if the healers slack then you will hit enrage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by timbaLt View Post
    Started working on this tonight, and I voiced that I (Druid) should get it, since HoTs carry the healing after the buff wears off. Shaman instantly said no, she would be getting it because she outgears me. To be fair, she does outgear me, but it's only 493 vs 500 (I have horrible luck with drops and coins).

I did some digging through worldoflogs, and there's no heroic parses, but Shamans seem to be destroying everybody anyways, so I'm kind of assuming she might be right anyways since Breath is essentially the same mechanic as LoD.

Who should we be giving it to? Maybe even our Paladin/Priest (depending on who we bring as 3rd healer)?
    Assuming that you don't have any monks, definitely the shaman.

Deleted
    We were monk, druid and shaman (me). I took first 2 LoD and the druid took the other 2. The druid managed to have Tree of Life with both LoD just by not taking them as soon as they appear.

And something which will make the encounter easier: that shaman and you should go far away from raid before pull, let the raid use Bloodlust in pull and you will not get sated, so you will be able to use bloodlust in day phase (Bloodlust for dps in pull + Bloodlust for the two Tsulong healers in day). Of course you will need one dps able to use Bloodlust to do this
    Last edited by mmocf45844c774; 2012-12-31 at 03:04 PM.

Monk is great with the buff because of how HOTS function with the buff.

Get 4 chi, click buff, Soothing EM instantly. Thunder Focus Tea Surging, Surging as many times as you can, when the buff hits ~1 second EM again (make sure soothing is active prior of course) so the HOT maintains the buff until the hot fades. Rinse, repeat.

Other heal amps such as Life Cocoon is also something worthwhile to pre-cast for an additional amp.

For 25man we had 3 monks click 3 buffs each and the remaining healers divvy up the rest. Now we just let every healer click 2 buffs per and don't have many problems (paladin and shaman average similar numbers to monk since the Enveloping Mist nerf in 5.1).

As others have said, monks kick ass with the buff. It doesn't look like you have a MW though.

Without a Monk, basically swap based on who has cooldowns. After a few pulls, you should have the rotation figured out. If your third healer ends up being a pally, Execution Sentence is hilarious with the buff. Ticks for a bajillion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman Mastery is pretty insane for atleast the first day aswell. It doesn't really matter who gets them whoever does will end up doing absurd HPS but if your trying to min max i'd suggest shamans/monks. #swag.

If you don't have a Monk then definitely give it to the Shaman

line up a breath with a buff and use incarnation ofc, but yes, the shaman is the winner here

Pally with Execution Sentence + Guardian > Monk > Shaman >

Basically give Holy Pallies 1 for Execution Sentence + Guardian and then let your Monk(s) take the rest. If you're running 1 Monk let a Resto Shaman take them with the Monk.

Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    Pally with Execution Sentence + Guardian > Monk > Shaman >
    I would NEVER give it to a paly over a monk or a shaman

Quote Originally Posted by reohh View Post
    I would NEVER give it to a paly over a monk or a shaman
    Our Pally under Execution Sentence and Guardian often does 30-40 million during the 6 seconds of the buff. It's well worth it if the Paladin is smart.