Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    I think you need to realise what you are saying. This guy (if true) is trying to scam his boss and ruining the reputation of the store which could also possibly lead to more lay offs for people that do want to work. He might also be endangering people by being not focussed 100% at the job site and maybe even when driving to and from work.

Lastly he is also choosing the bum approach of getting drunk in stead of fixing what he needs to. Get a new job already if you dont like it. He works in a donut shop, how friggin stressfull and hard can it really be? And if it is really that boring, make it fun. Try to hit up every girl that comes through the doors, try to make the ultimate donut or whatever.
    I think you need to realise what I'm saying. "kill yourself" is not an acceptable answer in any semi-serious manner here. Pointing and laughing at the idiot who might ruin his career/life is horrific. The fact he needs help in some form does not excuse your or anyone elses behaviour.

Secondly, "get a new job" is not easy. Simple as. Or maybe you've been ignorant to high unemployment due to lack of jobs around a lot. Secondly, I work in an office and I am extremely happy I don't work in a retail/food business because they tend to be extremely stressful and tiring at peak times, while also being so extremely monotonous. Most people look down on low-skill jobs but honestly it's harder work than most of us do (even if there would be a much higher risk for turning up drunk in other places) on a day by day basis. Outside of teaching and a few other skill professions, how many can match the stress/workload in general?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I think you need to realise what I'm saying. "kill yourself" is not an acceptable answer in any semi-serious manner here. Pointing and laughing at the idiot who might ruin his career/life is horrific. The fact he needs help in some form does not excuse your or anyone elses behaviour.

Secondly, "get a new job" is not easy. Simple as. Or maybe you've been ignorant to high unemployment due to lack of jobs around a lot. Secondly, I work in an office and I am extremely happy I don't work in a retail/food business because they tend to be extremely stressful and tiring at peak times, while also being so extremely monotonous. Most people look down on low-skill jobs but honestly it's harder work than most of us do (even if there would be a much higher risk for turning up drunk in other places) on a day by day basis. Outside of teaching and a few other skill professions, how many can match the stress/workload in general?
    I've been seeking a second job for a while now, or a replacement for my existing one. I've been extremely picky, and I've still had a good five or six jobs I received offers on and turned down. I'd probably say I've applied to or otherwise seen a great deal more than that.

Jobs are not scarce. People willing to actually work is scarce.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post

Jobs are not scarce. People willing to actually work is scarce.
    Exactly.

People that really need work are being picky. You're not destroying your professional career if you take a 'lower' job on the scale if it keeps you ticking over until you find something more suitable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drinking won't solve problems, it will just create them. I don't even know if this is a serious post or what? Get a new job if you don't like it.. change your lifestyle, go see your doctor and get some Counseling.

Deleted
    Quit your job or do w/e before you kill someone with that shit attitude, fuck man.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

Your a complete idiot, weather or not your having that whiskey as you arrive to work, or before you leave, you still have to drive back, your endangering yourself and others, not to mention the mental pain you'll cause people if you fuck up and crash into someone,

And to top it off, you practically take a shit on who ever is employing you, even worse if its a small business.

Also if I get infracted for, your practically giving him the thumbs up and encouraging this behavior, your move mods

This guy shouldn't of been banned and infracted for this, but slight correction hes drinking before he starts his shift not the next day
    guy got infracted for calling an OP a retard. telling him that drinking at work is bad is one thing, but calling someone a retard is a bannable offense

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 11:23 PM ----------

as for advice OP drink vodka in tropical fruit juice and leave a bottle of hand santizer on your desk and keep interactions with others to a minimum

I love how the people are defending him, what if whilst working intoxicated he casually forgets about a towel or something left near a hot cooking stove? What if that results in a fire and someones death?

It's irresponsible and reckless, in life we all have to endure horrible jobs we hate. But if you drink at work, eventually you will get caught and when you do those horrible jobs you hate will forever be your only options.

You might not think you are ruining your career prospects but eventually you will make a mistake or someone will notice and you will forever have that black mark on your name. Let's just hope it's yourself you screw over instead of someone getting hurt on your drunken behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I didn't say "kill yourself" but I will point at him for messing up his life. And better to be straight and tell him then that nonsence "there there..." approach.

Secondly, "get a new job" is not easy. Simple as. Or maybe you've been ignorant to high unemployment due to lack of jobs around a lot.
    Again excuses. Even if there were 0 jobs around, it is still not a good reason to go mess up the current one. In fact, you should work even harder to keep the one you have now!

Secondly, I work in an office and I am extremely happy I don't work in a retail/food business because they tend to be extremely stressful and tiring at peak times, while also being so extremely monotonous. Most people look down on low-skill jobs but honestly it's harder work than most of us do (even if there would be a much higher risk for turning up drunk in other places) on a day by day basis. Outside of teaching and a few other skill professions, how many can match the stress/workload in general?
    Come on now, I am not looking down on retail work or hospitality work at all (which you imply without reason) but saying that these jobs are super stressfull or tiring is simply not true. Sure, more tiring then an office job but factory work, farm work, mining, forest, hospital etc. work beats it by miles. Hense why most young people don't want to this kind of work but really like to work in retail.
    And stress wise, my office job for sure is more stressfull then standing behind the counter of a donut shop or baking donuts. I am responsible for my people and orders that run into the millions. Thats a lot bigger burden to carry. Furthermore, I don't have a nice 9 to 5. Work needs to be finished or else I don't go home. And no paid overtime for me. But I don't complain and hit the bottle. It's called workethics.
    And a few other proffesions: Nurse and emergency responders, soldiers, police officers and correctional officers, firefighters, miners, flight attendants and pilots, chefs, bus and taxi drivers, IT support, waiters, social workers,......
    All more stressfull then standing behind a counter in a donut shop. Seriously, I have done 10x harder work on farms, warehouses etc. then working in a donut shop. And I didn't even come close to drinking on the job. Maybe it is not PC to say this but if I would be the OP and said something like that to my father, he would literally put his foot up my ass, red foreman style .
    Last edited by Bolson13; 2013-01-02 at 01:40 PM.

Don't drink and drive. Seriously.

Deleted
    I'm crippled for life thanks to a drinking co-worker, so how about you go endanger yourself by jumping off a cliff or lighting yourself on fire before going to work to drink.

Quote Originally Posted by xtiiina View Post
    I want to start drinking whiskey in the car in the morning before work to make my day more tolerable. I need some suggestions of how to hide it. I'm very good at acting sober while drunk so that's not an issue, it's mostly the smell I'm worried about. If I use mouth wash in the car and then chew gum while I'm working will that be enough to cover up the scent of alcohol?

EDIT: I work at a minimum wage job selling donuts.... so it's not like I'm ruining my career or anything.
    You Sir are an id10t
    I hope you choke on your neck fat an die in your sleep you worthless bag of flesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-02 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo4200 View Post
    You Sir are an id10t
    I hope you choke on your neck fat an die in your sleep you worthless bag of flesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for that wonderful contribution.

Deleted
    I party quite heavily at the weekend so most Saturdays I go to work I am still pretty drunk. Easiest way to mask the smell is with coffee: defac if you don't want to perk up.

Just don't get caught like I did turning up at 3pm unable to string a sentence together and start kissing your recently married manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    I party quite heavily at the weekend so most Saturdays I go to work I am still pretty drunk. Easiest way to mask the smell is with coffee: defac if you don't want to perk up.

Just don't get caught like I did turning up at 3pm unable to string a sentence together and start kissing your recently married manager.
    I like how her being recently married is supposed to make that situation any worse than it actually is...

Deleted
    The thread itself isn't really okay and the way it developed isn't good at all.

People need to be more civil when posting too.