Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Are DeathKnights really dead?

Or are they just brought back to life via necromantic magic to be living being again?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    Or are they just brought back to life via necromantic magic to be living being again?
    Why should the scourge use such magic? It goes against their entire belief.

You have found your way here, because you are among the few gifted with true vision in a world cursed with blindness.
    You can see through the fog that hangs over this world like a shroud, and grasp where true power lies.
    Fix your eyes upon your crude hands: the sinew, the soft meat, the dark blood coursing within.
    It is a weakness; a crippling flaw.... A joke played by the Creators upon their own creations.
    The sooner you come to accept your condition as a defect, the sooner you will find yourselves in a position to transcend it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Why should the scourge use such magic? It goes against their entire belief.

You have found your way here, because you are among the few gifted with true vision in a world cursed with blindness.
    You can see through the fog that hangs over this world like a shroud, and grasp where true power lies.
    Fix your eyes upon your crude hands: the sinew, the soft meat, the dark blood coursing within.
    It is a weakness; a crippling flaw.... A joke played by the Creators upon their own creations.
    The sooner you come to accept your condition as a defect, the sooner you will find yourselves in a position to transcend it.
    I thoroughly enjoyed reading that :P

Anyway, The whole "They're dead but not dead depending on how you look at it" comes into play.

Yes, You died and were raised by the Lich King, You're alive again and able to die at the hands (or whatever else) of another. You are however an abomination as far as lore and other characters go (Even though they get resurrected via spells, they've never died a true lore death and risen to tell the tale like your beloved DK)

They're not dead. Just cold. Forever. Like Inuit. That's why they live in the North.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    The Scourge, and by extension Death Knights, are really just reanimated corpses. You can get into an entire debate over the definition of "living" as it applies to the Scourge, but at the end of the day they're still magical zombies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of them are undead-- killed, reanimated.

Those that gave themselves willingly aren't traditionally undead (Think Arthas-- he never actually died, but he's as undead as it gets.)
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    The playable Death Knights, like all the Scourge and the Forsaken, are reanimated. Just roll a Death Knight and see the all process.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the ones you play are reanimated.

10+ Year Old Account
    There stone cold and can't get things heated up where it counts... so they might as well be classed as dead to what matters.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    (The Forsaken are a different topic, the plague is like autopilot Necromancy instead of a spell, so you can't just kill someone to make it go away.. and Ner'zhul's control was undead binding, then he let's go and you have a bunch of people wondering what happened to them)

Necromancy binds a soul or spirit to rise the mindless fallen to do your bidding.
    Ghouls, gargoyles, abominations, aberrations.. even skeletons can be summoned and controlled at a DK's will, thus they are Necromancers.

But how can Necromancers control the dead and not eachother.

The Lich King let's you know that he went out of his way to make Death Knights the elite of his forces, how?

They stand out not only because their spirits have been bound back into their original bodies, but such bodies have been reanimated to function instead of decay.

(ever wondered why instead of remaining 58 forever, wandering and rotting until you become bare bones, you actually look the same, and hell how is it that you can become stronger... could it be that you muscles develop....?)
    The answer is yes!
    Death Knights think, learn, adapt and improve.
    Their bodies and mind toughen, they're not mindless and they're not 'dead' thus cannot be controlled (by Undead binding at least [<-- They chose to GTFO when LK betrayed them] their minds can be assaulted like anyone else's).

The flesh, the sinew, the dark blood coursing within.

Basically, they're alive.. if you stab them, they die, if you cut their head, they die.. Their bodies died... initially... but the engines are working now!

(Stupid question: If they were dead why there isn't any rotten DK, missing limbs, etc -- Stupid Answer: Who would want an Elite force in less than excellent conditions?)
    Last edited by Veliane; 2013-01-02 at 01:44 AM.

Hey guys, first post here haha!

Anyway here goes. I think that death knights are truly dead. The scourge want to destroy all living things, so they would not resurrect them when it does nothing but weakens their control.

More alive than the Forsaken, less alive than everyone else.

I think the question is... has the death knight been returned to life as he once was, or is he just a movable corpse.

More specifically, when comparing a DK with a Forsaken - he is not a corpse that has been raised. BUT, is he a corpse that has been preserved beyond decaying, or has he been brought to a state where he is physically no different than his pre-death state and thus requires sleep and food.

soooo... where would that put a forsaken Death Knight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFlame View Post
    A reanimated corpse, the same as before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I think it comes down to your point of view and/or RP. My Death Knight is undead.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFlame View Post

Two negatives make a positive so they are more alive then a humming bird after 50 redbulls.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    I think it comes down to your point of view and/or RP. My Death Knight is undead.
    Actually, what "sakura owns u all 3" said is correct. It's the Scourge, undeath is the ultimate purpose. The Cult of the Damned are a living organization, yes, but they work for the nihilistic state of death, dreaming to become like his mentor Kel'thuzad, a lich.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Actually, what "sakura owns u all 3" said is correct. It's the Scourge, undeath is the ultimate purpose. The Cult of the Damned are a living organization, yes, but they work for the nihilistic state of death, dreaming to become like his mentor Kel'thuzad, a lich.
    I agree with him my self. Hans why my DK is undead in his RP.