Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Curious if OP would have similar childlike enthusiasm for a MMO centered around more traditional Disney concepts - like let's say black rodents with big ears. Rephrased: kindly remind me, what are their key competencies regarding online games?
    Cant be any worse than Earn Alot Games.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Cant be any worse than Earn Alot Games.
    Uh, yeah... source

In light of a reported disturbance, the poster who posted the posting that previously posted in this post has been sacked. A llama has been hired in his place.

The llama would wish you to know that your acronym doesn't fit properly, so he rejects the validity of the post.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-01-02 at 07:08 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny poeple think Disney would be better.

sw:tor died as soon it came out, sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    sw:tor died as soon it came out, sad but true.
    1.2 was fantastic.

The 6 month stagnation time killed a lot of the population.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

A lot of people seem to be under the false impression that if you just throw enough money at something, it'll turn out good.

You could make 500 foot tall sculpture of dog crap made out of pure gold, and it'll still be, well, crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    Just let it die and maybe Disney will use their boatload of cash to pay a developer to make a Star Wars MMO thats actually good!
    I agree with this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Uh, yeah...
    You know that that shit is, well, um, not really allowed here, right?
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Curious if OP would have similar childlike enthusiasm for a MMO centered around more traditional Disney concepts - like let's say black rodents with big ears. Rephrased: kindly remind me, what are their key competencies regarding online games?
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Do you guys remember the awesome Avengers movie? And the pretty awesome Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, and Hulk (sorta) movies? If my memory serves me, those are all technically Disney movies.

Disney has actually been pretty solid so far with their handling of these properties, which is why I'm actually hopeful for the new Star Wars movies.

Their games division...not so much, but hopefully some of the awesome from their handling of their Marvel movies will rub off on it >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    You know that that shit is, well, um, not really allowed here, right?
    I didn't realize that posting pictures wasn't allowed.

Unless by some crazy stretch of the imagination you are trying to define that as a 'meme' or 'troll image', which it most certainly isn't. Should I translate it to text only? Would that make it more tolerable for you? Should I have elaborated that the post I responded to wasn't contributing to the overall thread and waste the amount of words I'm having to waste now on another drive by WoW poster?

Ok, I didn't think so.

Like I said before, this isn't a forum to be used by the whims of other game players to give grammatically incorrect, cheap one liners as their criticism of a game. That's what's 'not allowed here'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Do you guys remember the awesome Avengers movie? And the pretty awesome Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, and Hulk (sorta) movies? If my memory serves me, those are all technically Disney movies.

Disney has actually been pretty solid so far with their handling of these properties, which is why I'm actually hopeful for the new Star Wars movies.

Their games division...not so much, but hopefully some of the awesome from their handling of their Marvel movies will rub off on it >.>
    And EA has released good games so... I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

And EA has released good games so... I'm not sure what you are trying to say.
    I'm trying to say that Disney isn't a death sentence or even necessarily a bad thing. Too many people only view Disney in light of their princess cartoons and their cartoons in general. They've done a wonderful job with their Marvel properties and turned out some truely spectacular movies. I'm simply remaining optimistic that, based on their recent handling of a popular IP, they will handle the Star Wars property with similar awesomeness.

Wasn't the picture (I found it amusing, and proceeded to read several other similar ones on the website).

"we ask you to not correct other people's posts unless you are asked to. Do not quote dictionary entries for the sake of arguing. Don't be the grammar police."

Shablam. No one likes grammar Nazis.

But if you want to read more into it, by all means, be my guest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Wasn't the picture (I found it amusing, and proceeded to read several other similar ones on the website).

"we ask you to not correct other people's posts unless you are asked to. Do not quote dictionary entries for the sake of arguing. Don't be the grammar police."

Shablam. No one likes grammar Nazis.

But if you want to read more into it, by all means, be my guest.
    You should be smart enough to know that wasn't specifically why I posted what I did...especially as I explained it in detail with my follow up to you. Also, perhaps I was simply saying that the abbreviations didn't work? I would say that ventures outside of the realm of implied intentions. Unless discussing the merits of abbreviations is also not allowed. I definitely did not see that.

I mean I could quote how your posts are in violation of :
    "Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
    Making non-constructive posts"

...but so are half the posts in this subforum, which is the real problem.
    In any event, I'll remove the picture for your sanity, but you should probably find another place to dreail threads.

Ps- If this wrongly convnices you that I am angry in any way, I'm glad I could share the wonder that is The Oatmeal to you. Try reading about the Bearodactyl. He's my favorite.

Pss - Sorry mods, I will return to speaking about SWTOR now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I'm trying to say that Disney isn't a death sentence or even necessarily a bad thing. Too many people only view Disney in light of their princess cartoons and their cartoons in general. They've done a wonderful job with their Marvel properties and turned out some truely spectacular movies. I'm simply remaining optimistic that, based on their recent handling of a popular IP, they will handle the Star Wars property with similar awesomeness.

I didn't think you were trying to say that. That isn't what I was trying to say either. I just see two companies, both out to make money. I don't see why one would be better than the other.

I didn't think you were trying to say that. That isn't what I was trying to say either. I just see two companies, both out to make money. I don't see why one would be better than the other.
    I think the major difference for most people is that Disney actually cares about their name, and while its not all that great in the gaming world, they are at least proving with the Marvel stuff that they can do more than just make " kids movies ". EA however, doesn't really seem to care if their name is mud, as long as that mud makes them money. They don't really seem to care how they make it, or if its even bad, just as long as the cash comes in some how.

Unless by some crazy stretch of the imagination you are trying to define that as a 'meme' or 'troll image', which it most certainly isn't. Should I translate it to text only? Would that make it more tolerable for you? Should I have elaborated that the post I responded to wasn't contributing to the overall thread and waste the amount of words I'm having to waste now on another drive by WoW poster?

Ok, I didn't think so.

Like I said before, this isn't a forum to be used by the whims of other game players to give grammatically incorrect, cheap one liners as their criticism of a game. That's what's 'not allowed here'.
    Probably because it was a useless grammar nazi link posted. You knew exactly what he meant so that image was useless and helped no one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I think the major difference for most people is that Disney actually cares about their name, and while its not all that great in the gaming world, they are at least proving with the Marvel stuff that they can do more than just make " kids movies ". EA however, doesn't really seem to care if their name is mud, as long as that mud makes them money. They don't really seem to care how they make it, or if its even bad, just as long as the cash comes in some how.

Because Disney has never made a bad movie?

15+ Year Old Account
    Disney can be better at making the new star wars movies epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    Disney can be better at making the new star wars movies epic.

IMO anyone can make a star wars movie better than george lucas