Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Erm...do you have any reason to say that? SWG did quite well for itself for a while until the NGE patch pissed its playerbase off. SWTOR sold well initially but wasn't delivering the quality that people expected from a AAA subscription game so they left.
    GALAXIES did very well in the innocent Dark Ages when 350k was considered a win for a premium MMO title. Then Warcraft entered the genre and ruined everything. From that day until this, studios and franchisers have deluded themselves into thinking those inflated numbers are there for the taking if only we can get Imperial Hat right. Which is pure moon dust. People who truly understand how WoW and Lineage conquered the world generally either go work for them, or find another niche.

There are not three million people on this planet who will sit through a Star Wars MMO, for six months, for money. There are not two million. There are not one million. There may be half a million, especially if Disney makes "Stars Wars VII: The Jedi Princess!" starring Channing Tatum and Jennifer Lawrence, and they roll that content into a browser based F2P with a phone app that lets you snap yourself into the game world from Walmart with your friends. Maybe.

Still experimenting...

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Oh man if SWTOR goes to Disney Interactive SWTOR could be revived as one hoot of a game. Disney has the best mmo team ever . Nothing will save SWTOR it dug its own grave long ago.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    Just let it die and maybe Disney will use their boatload of cash to pay a developer to make a Star Wars MMO thats actually good!
    We will never see another Star Wars MMO after SW:TOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoef View Post
    We will never see another Star Wars MMO after SW:TOR.
    Oh yes we will. That is the Star Wars Curse. I guarantee you that the fellow who thinks he can do it better and grab that jackpot is already out there scheming.

Still experimenting...

Quote Originally Posted by Clattuc View Post
    Oh yes we will. That is the Star Wars Curse. I guarantee you that the fellow who thinks he can do it better and grab that jackpot is already out there scheming.
    The Disney SW MMO will have a Jar Jar dancing singing cut scene that you can't escape out of.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Disney movies in recent years = Good. (And pretty much anything they did pre-turn of the century)

Disney Games EVER = BAAAAAAAAD.

I'd rather play Dragon Age 2 then any game Disney ever made. BioWare and EA together might be popping out complete rubbish titles, but I'd still trust them with a game over Disney. Movies on the other hand, I trust Disney more with the Star Wars sequels then I ever would have in the hands of Lucas. Although I am still mad that it looks like it won't be a Revan/Mandolorian War Trilogy

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not exactly a star wars fan but how would disney fix swtor, I mean do they even have a reputation for making good games?
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    I trust Disney more with the Star Wars sequels then I ever would have in the hands of Lucas.
    Obviously. Disney will just compile an assembly line of best screenwriters, actors & directors, throwing cash on whoever they want to get. Calculated as hell, but than again, chances that a group of esteemed people like that will produce something worse than Lucas prequels is simply zero. So frankly, these movies are already guaranteed to be better than the prequels IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Because Disney has never made a bad movie?
    Disney isn't what it used to be.

I remember when Disney was keepin it real with stuff llike Fantasia, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin etc. Not the high school musical hannah montana jonas brothers faggotry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    ... and PvP.
    Why does every bloody mmo need pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by thomolithic View Post
    SWTOR wasn't going to have it. In some of the podcast interviews Olen did he talked about it. He said something along the lines of their devs under estimating the desire for pvp in games. How you could think ppl would play a massive SW game and not want pvp I don't know. That lack of thinking or type of thinking laid the seed for many issues down the line. The hot mess Ilum is and the waste of space pvp zone on Tatooine are two good examples on rushed under developed or planned zones. Also shows a lack of foresight and understanding on what features really are important.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by thomolithic View Post
    It's Star Wars..... and people like me probably wouldn't play the game anymore if there was no pvp.

Well it wouldn't have mattered if Bioware didn't add PvP. The PVE is mediocre and Bioware is showing no effort what so ever to improve it.
    The PvP is in a bad state atm. The balance is one of the worst I've ever seen. When there's nothing but operatives, PT's, and smash spec's dominating ranked WZ's, people will quit.

I think Bioware blew all of their budget on the questing because the PvP and PVE looks like they made it up in a month.

And even with all of that, I still enjoy the game. Mostly because it's Star Wars, and it's hard to hate Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    it's hard to hate Star Wars.
    Yeah. But swtor is like sand...

(Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post

It's hard to hate Star Wars, except the movies after the prequels.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post

Seeing that makes me sad. Lucas shot the Lake Retreat scenes at an Italian villa on Lake Como near the Swiss border. I could go there whenever i wanted in Galaxies. Then they took Galaxies away, and gave me Tharan Cedrax instead. Did you see me slit my wrists, Holiday?

Still experimenting...

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Well it wouldn't have mattered if Bioware didn't add PvP. The PVE is mediocre and Bioware is showing no effort what so ever to improve it.
    The PvP is in a bad state atm. The balance is one of the worst I've ever seen. When there's nothing but operatives, PT's, and smash spec's dominating ranked WZ's, people will quit.

I think Bioware blew all of their budget on the questing because the PvP and PVE looks like they made it up in a month.

And even with all of that, I still enjoy the game. Mostly because it's Star Wars, and it's hard to hate Star Wars.
    If you don't see any improvement from Eternity Vault to Asation I can't believe you actually played each of them.

What about sniper/ sorcerer/ assassins?... You kinda left them out in your summary which leaves 1-2 classes which are less beneficial to ranked warzones (still viable in random warzones as the amount of bad player negates them.

Isen SWTOR the second biggest MMORPG on the market?

Quote Originally Posted by aistee View Post
    That was about 1.4 million subscribers ago.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by aistee View Post
    Globally, absolutely not, especially if we're including F2P MMO's and their current active users. Aion exceeds it in size, so do a number of other Asian MMO's. If we're talking about the Western Market only, then the numbers get far more hazy.