Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Your Favorite Raid

what was your favorite raid and why
    mine was ICC the music the story the bosses everything was just really fun to me. once my guild downed the lich king the cutscene was a satisfying end to the expansion
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-...A-wvKAaFacq_gA
    Check out my youtube channel for WoW lore videos and more!

10+ Year Old Account
    I will agree and say ICC.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar, I'd say.

The feel of it was just amazing to me. I loved, loved loved General Vezax and Yoggy-Poo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar, cuz it has the best story. Karazhan is also cool, it has the most interesting environment.

Since I started raiding in cata, I have to say Blackwing descent. It was the first raid I completed at a current tier.

I kinda miss the poll in this post. But I'd say tier 11 as a whole if thats allowed. Very good difficulty, three interesting places and nice atmosphere.

Other places that would end up high on my list are Karazhan and Ulduar

Karazhan, I love the muisc and environment, and Chess boss! :P Would love to see another "haunted house" raid sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshdatroll View Post
    Ulduar, I'd say.

The feel of it was just amazing to me. I loved, loved loved General Vezax and Yoggy-Poo.
    I have to agree with Ulduar.
    Imagine my disappointment when the 5.2 raid (which was promised to be Ulduar-like) just looks like more PandaCrap.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Karazhan takes my top spot, with Ulduar and Naxx25 being close seconds.

Imagine my disappointment when the 5.2 raid (which was promised to be Ulduar-like) just looks like more PandaCrap.
    By Ulduar-like they mean lots of bosses and strong lore, not another titans/old god raid.
    Last edited by Rusken; 2013-01-02 at 02:23 AM.

ICC will probably always be my favorite because that's when I started raiding. The atmosphere, layout, and lore of the place are all fantastic, and the Lich King was such a well-designed boss fight. Karazhan and Ulduar are close runners up, but I never got to experience them when they were current content.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    The 5.2 raid has nothing to do with the Pandaren. It's a Mogu raid.

OT: My favorite would have to be....I can't really say. There are so many raids I love. Can I just go by tier?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    I believe they meant "like" as in boss count.

OT: I'm going to have to go with Kara! It was my first raid, and the bosses were awesome, and I got my little Vampiric Batling

10+ Year Old Account
    Karazhan, and then Ulduar.

I put kara first because I had happy memories with kara in the old days with my first raiding guild. Ulduar was a great raid itself but didn't have a raiding guild then, so didn't see much of it till later.
    #boycottchina

My first ever raid wasn't until 4.3 and it was an achievement run into Firelands. I barely remember it. Went back in to try and solo Alysrazor and I really regret not being around for progressing through it because the atmosphere just feels amazing.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

VANILLA:

Onyxia's Lair

TBC:

Karazhan

WOTLK:

Ulduar

CATACLYSM:

Firelands

Icecrown Citadel, for the very same reasons as you OP

15+ Year Old Account
    1. AQ40 for me, loved the mounts to travel thru the huge instance. Felt really special being there the whole day since back then we raided 14:00-24:00 on saturday/sundays so that ment being in AQ for so many hours in a row, never being bored a single minute. I would die these days if I had to do 2-hour trash but back then I just saw trash as a boss in itself, which AQ twins/Cthun trash almost was. Twins is still my favourite fight as a healer in the entire WoW.

2. AQ20, chilling around with some guildies. Loved the 2nd boss, so damn hard to keep the NPC alive. Loved the last boss as well scouting for the pilars, so nice.

3. Naxx40. Cba to name everything I liked about the place, actually all my 3 options are #1 for me, amazing fights; Patchwerk , Gothik as a priest (shackling<3), Thaddius, Razuvious, Sapphiron, I'll just stop here because I think I will name every single boss otherwise, the place was amazing and had amazing atmosphere. It is sometimes hard to remember because of the nightmares I still have about the utter destruction of Naxx in WotLK as Naxx10/25

10+ Year Old Account
    Top 5 raids, in no particular order

Ulduar
    Firelands
    Heart of Fear
    Karazhan
    Black Temple