Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My most favourite raids are Black Temple and karazhan.

BT i liked because for me it was the best raid overall. Challenging unique bosses, good balance of trash(AOE trash, CC trash,..), great level design,...
    I only set Karazhan up to its level because the level design was even more varied, optional bosses and I just love the theatre event.

Black Temple is my favorite.
    The feeling when we first entered the Black Temple sewers was epic.

15+ Year Old Account
    For the challenge: Level 60 naxxramas
    For the story: All the BC raids as they had a connection with eachother.

Hands down, the original Naxxramas.

I will never forget the moment when i first saw Thaddius in his Stasis-Chamber nor will i ever forget the moment in Ventrilo, when after our first successful kill, our Main-Tank pointed out, that the screams had stopped completely. The whole Raid went bonkers.

Good Times

10+ Year Old Account
    Tough, don't have 1 fav, so---

Ulduar
    Karazhan
    Icecrown Citadel
    Mount Hyjal
    Zul'aman
    Black Temple.
    Howay the lads!

Deleted
    Black Temple...

Nothing can beat that epic feeling of working the way up to Illidan and then finally seeing him for the first time, just to spend hours and hours working through his phases.

Such a shame LFR and Heroic Mode has removed that feeling by design. *Yay epic feeling in WoW no more yaY (*

Number one is definitely Karazhan. Awesome in all respects.
    Followed by Icecrown Citadel and Black Temple.

I think I'm the only one in the world that didn't really like Ulduar.

There are plenty of ones I've enjoyed, but if I was going to pick out my top 2, that's easy, and in this order:

Karazhan
    Ulduar

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I was about to add this. Dragon Soul will get a lot of good reviews in two years, as that is how people work. Looking bad with rose-tinted glasses.
    I doubt it really - most people have not had nostalgia for Cataclysm to a mass degree - I've seen the threads.

I never found ICC to be a bad raid at all, but the cheesy icewell radiance (never again after tbc, Blizzard, huh?) and then the progressive buff, along with the fact ICC was around for bloody ages caused people to get very tired of it.
    Last edited by tohyatvc; 2013-01-02 at 02:27 PM.

Molten Core... Screw the raiding, I loved ganking people wanting to raid MC at black rock mountain.

Deleted
    I was about to add this. Dragon Soul will get a lot of good reviews in two years, as that is how people work. Looking bad with rose-tinted glasses.
    No it won't, ICC was a great raid that just lasted for too long. People QQ'ed about its longevity, not the actual instance. Dragon Soul was just a bad raid, nothing else to it, and it lasted fairly long, way more than what most people would want it to.

ICC or Ulduar i could never decide which was better

15+ Year Old Account
    Icecrown Citadel. Best story, best bosses. An endboss that truly felt like a threat. He was present throughout the entire expansion. We saw him during quests, dungeons, in Naxxramas, in Trial of the Crusader and finally in his own instance. His 'Let them come, Frostmourne hungers' quote from the ICC trailer still gives me goosebumbs. The monolog after entering ICC was also epic; 'In the end, you will all serve me.'

Never had that much fun raiding before ICC, nor did I ever come close to having as much fun as I had raiding ICC in later raids.

A great way to figure out what your favorite raid (or anything for that matter) is, is to ask yourself which raid you would love to have at the current maximum level. Hands down Icecrown Citadel for me.
    Statix will suffice.

SWP, somehow it felt really epic killing M'uru with all the mess ups with my guild and still was able to pull off getting top 100 world on KT.

Chalk another one for Karazhan. Great bosses, interesting design, and a cool story attached.

The only annoying part was drudging through Deadwind Pass just to get there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Karazhan and ICC, Kara probably just edges it as it was the first raid i ever did, as well as the awesome music and the general aesthetic of the place. ICC just cause it was a hell of alot of fun, as well as being an old school warcrafter made the place feel really special for me. Anything tied into the old games has the same effect on me, but ICC was the big one.

I didnt get to do Ulduar while it was relevant thanks to crippling latency issues during that patch, probably my biggest regret raiding wise cause the place seams awesome.

Deleted
    It won't.

The QQ surrounding ICC at the time was largely due to the staggered release, limited attempt system and the zone buff being implemented too early, not the actual content itself (which was very good). DS on the other hand was a dire instance hashed together with excessive use of copy+paste, culminated in two add fights for the "expansion finale", and basically gave players nothing meaningful to do for almost a year.

Ulduar was the pinnacle of raid content if you ask me, huge instance, lots of achievements to do, multiple difficulties for several bosses; basically every week of raiding was different. PvE took a huge nosedive with 4.0 when 10+25 were combined, I remember the weekend of that first reset realising how little we had available to do, having previously run a casual 10man on weekends for fun... Fast forward to today and we have dailies and 5mans to pad out our spare playtime, yay -.-

BWL... even though razorgore was a guild killer, my guild was up to the challenge. When we finally downed him, that raid became that much more exciting to progress through.

Really enjoyed Black Temple as well.

Really hard to pick just 1. I'd say Karazhan, SSC, TK, MH, BT or Sunwell.

Icecrown Citadel. However, I think it's mainly because of lore behind it ( and fact I'm DK ;p ) not the instance itself. Such epicness is rather impossible to achieve again, as there are no more characters like Lich King.